AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

damnfingers Avatar
damnfingers Gold Member Gene Gillam
Saucier, MS, USA   USA
Frame should be black.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Disabled Account, Antarctica   ATA
Eric-
I had a neighbor whose big dog ate most of the interior (vinyl) from an early Toyota. Same dog was fond of leather, and ate his wife's
purse. Just saying-
For the frame color, do you all suppose "satin" would be a correct black?

MGTCMD Michael Donnelly
South Glastonbury, CT, USA   USA
1949 MG TC
Hi all,

The shop is doing a great job on this restoration. They've assembled and disassembled the car three times now between sheet metal/tub work to make sure that it's balanced, the gaps are all correct, etc. According to the plan we're going to paint in February and final assembly should be done by April.

My dad bought the black interior from Moss instead of the tan/biscuit. I'm going to try to convince him to exchange it.

I have the wheels (5) at Wheel Repair Service in MA (may have seen article in Hemmings). I'm now on the hunt for tires... any suggestions?

Thanks,

Michael.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
mg metal work.jpg    30.5 KB
mg metal work.jpg

bobbygee Avatar
bobbygee Silver Member bobby galvez
Round Rock, TX, USA   USA
1952 MG TD "Duckie Tee"
1979 MG MGB "Duckie Too"
In reply to # 3168981 by MGTCMD
My dad bought the black interior from Moss instead of the tan/biscuit. I'm going to try to convince him to exchange it.

Please do get the tan/biscuit interior. It's correct and the black is not. It seems so contrary to the restoration effort to do everything so well and let such an important detail go against originality, which from your first post is a concern.

Looking forward to photos of the finished TC!

smileys with beer

BobbyG

aus956 Howard Gostelow
Qld Australia, Gold Coast, Australia   AUS
TCs were a mid to dark green colour with biscuit/tan inside and radiator slats.......The slats usually matched the inside colour.

TCs NEVER originally had a black inside.

Frame, if you mean the chassis is black.

I've had two TCs and know a bit about them. Just sold my copy of TCs Forever. This book is THE bible on TCs.

1950TDFan Douglas Delk
Atlanta, GA, USA   USA
Frame should be black. You may want to pick up some reference books - you will have many questions as you progress through the project.

There are several books that will help:

T Series Restoration Guide - M. Green
Original T Series - Clausager
TCs Forever

Just a start

RichardM7908 Avatar
RichardM7908 Richard Michell
Dee Why, NSW, Australia   AUS
The source of BRG is well-researched but still not entirely straightforward. I think that the Wikipedia article is a pretty good summary (and gives some modern data for the colour.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_racing_green

redwoodpecker Woody Reed
Disabled Account, Antarctica   ATA
TCs Forever is the best TC book, but when he wrote it the jury was still out on colors. As I recall, his color options listed later turned out to be incomplete. Paint color and interior colors.

drivesmgs Avatar
drivesmgs JEFF FIELDS
LaGRANGE, OHIO, USA   USA
1949 MG TC
1960 MG MGA 1600
I agree that fro TC interior was black from the factory. Moss sold them----maybe at reduced price.

Here is my green TC 9976 exu highly adapted without bumpers. What is "brass plate" number of your exu?

I have photos of an exu at GOF Central in Indianapolis of complete restored exu. If intersested contact me off list.

Attachments:
DSCN0706.JPG    84.7 KB
DSCN0706.JPG

MGTCMD Michael Donnelly
1949 MG TC
Beautiful car. This TC is 10114EXU... probably one of the last EXU's...

MGTCMD Michael Donnelly
1949 MG TC
Hi all,

We're wrapping up this restoration. It has not been cheap but the shop has done an extraordinary job. I'm expecting the car to be finished in the next two weeks and realized that I need an original tool kit.

Can anyone provide a lead on one or advice on where to look?

Thanks.

MGTCMD Michael Donnelly
1949 MG TC
Hi all,

We're wrapping up the restoration... It went from being a "driver" to a "concourse" car. Not cheap but they're doing a great job.

Anyone know where I can get my hands on an original toolkit or reasonable facsimile?

Thanks,

Michael.

drivesmgs Avatar
drivesmgs JEFF FIELDS
1949 MG TC
1960 MG MGA 1600
Dave Kyle Hubbard oh---sorry no contact info

MGTCMD Michael Donnelly
1949 MG TC
Hi,

She's finally finished and absolutely perfect. We used original/NOS parts when possible, reproduction when necessary, and even fabricated some parts using original mechanical drawings. The guys at Abingdon Spares were a great help, and if anyone is looking for a good restoration shop please consider Sports Car Restoration in Plainville, CT - they have a real commitment to quality and are true craftsman.

Attachments:
20160906_093710_28942946274_o.jpg    38.1 KB
20160906_093710_28942946274_o.jpg

drivesmgs Avatar
drivesmgs JEFF FIELDS
1949 MG TC
1960 MG MGA 1600
I love it-----a kissing cousin of mine----9976exu!

Is yours an EXU? What is your number? Are you head to the Stow show?

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster