Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

SalB Silver Member Salvatore Buccieri
Boxford, MA, USA   USA
1952 MG TD "Almosta Car"
I recently acquired this MG engine with a small amount of needed parts for my TD. Unfortunately, it appears this is not a TD engine. I suspect it is of an earlier vintage. The brass octagonal tag simply says #4023. The block has a large MG symbol cast on the right rear side of the engine. The engine was partially disassembled with the pistons & rods present but removed and the head is missing. The crank and camshaft are still in the block, the oil pan, timing chain and sprocket assemblies are included along with the bearing plate and engine mount.I did take pictures but will have to retake them to post.
Thanks to All. Sal

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Steve S Avatar
Abingdon West, Southern California, USA   USA
Likely a TC engine.

plus4moggie Tom Lange
Bar Harbor, ME, USA   USA
Sal - as I asked last week when you wrote me directly, pictures of the tag would make clear just what you have.

Tom Lange
MGT Repair

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
SalB Silver Member Salvatore Buccieri
Boxford, MA, USA   USA
1952 MG TD "Almosta Car"
My apologies, Tom. I don't remember your reply. I'll get another picture of the tag.
Regards, Sal

malski Avatar
malski Peter Malkin
Bright, N.E.Victoria, Australia   AUS
In reply to # 3889675 by SalB I recently acquired this MG engine with a small amount of needed parts for my TD. Unfortunately, it appears this is not a TD engine. I suspect it is of an earlier vintage. The brass octagonal tag simply says #4023. The block has a large MG symbol cast on the right rear side of the engine.

The MG logo on the XP engine is cast on the front left hand side of the block.

Peter Malkin
NE Victoria
Australia
MGBGTV8 (1977)
MGB Roadster (1967) Supercharged - under restoration
MGTC (1949)

plus4moggie Tom Lange
Bar Harbor, ME, USA   USA
FWIW, an engine numbered XPAG 4023 was supplied with TC 3420. This may be the right engine, or what Sal has could be a replacement engine tag - hard to know.
without seeing.

Tom Lange
MGT Repair

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster