Exquisite "TF" Debut

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Gregory7500 Gregory Serduke
LaGrange, IL, USA   USA
Gentlemen, I will try to answer some of your questions.

Thierry, The picture you asked about is a rough pattern made of blackboard to trace onto a 3/4 in thick shim that needs to be sandwiched between the back of the battery and the battery box to provide a space for the bonnet supports to slide into. The brackets affixed to the underside of the bonnet support were 16 in by 1 1/2 in aluminum extrusions available at any big box store. These were modified for aesthetics.

Rich from California, removable side bonnet panels are not unique. You should be able to find some additional posts. These were delivered to me cut and painted. I made some modifications to make them fit in a more satisfactory manner. The welting around the grill shell was terminated at the side panel and I made a welting for the side panel to meet the grill shell from some leather scraps protected with a matte finish. The body welting was color coded and not original, I do not believe. This was a 3/8 ths diameter plastic that was painted with flex agent. I could not get this welting to conform, especially at the rear fender without kinking, so I removed the cloths line inner support and replaced it with 1./4 in OD with a much more ridged poly vinyl tubing. This turned out to be a big benefit for removable side mounting. I included a picture of the radius which gave me trouble. Basically, the side panel is cut at the fender line or very slightly below. I recall seeing removable side panels I feel are superior to these without the tabs (I think the fellows name was Archie). I also stiffened the rear brackets for the upper bonnet and included tinneman nuts for easier removal and installation. I also added an aluminum bracket in the middle to prevent deflection and keep the side panel uptight against the welting. I also included some photos of how I mounted the 4 badges the owner wanted. Many badges that I have seen, the mounting system is bizarre. I have tried as much as possible to make these panels fit in a craftsman like way. Having been delivered to me painted, I actually ground and filed both side panels and the bonnets to fit in a more acceptable fashion.

Any other questions you can post or better yet, if you PM me with your phone number, I will call you.

I typically am on this forum at 4:30 CST. More pictures to follow.

Gregory S

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
IMG_2721.JPG    26.4 KB
IMG_2721.JPG

IMG_2722.JPG    26.4 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
IMG_2723.JPG    30.5 KB
LaGrange, IL, USA   USA
Add'l photos

Attachments:
IMG_2724.JPG    35.7 KB
IMG_2724.JPG

IMG_2725.JPG    23.1 KB
IMG_2726.JPG    39.5 KB
LaGrange, IL, USA   USA
Addl's photos

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
IMG_2729.JPG    41.2 KB
IMG_2729.JPG

IMG_2730.JPG    33.9 KB
IMG_2731.JPG    32.7 KB
LaGrange, IL, USA   USA
More to follow

Attachments:
IMG_2731.JPG    32.7 KB
IMG_2731.JPG

IMG_2732.JPG    34 KB
IMG_2737.JPG    56 KB
LaGrange, IL, USA   USA
Last ones

Attachments:
IMG_2738.JPG    20.6 KB
IMG_2738.JPG

IMG_2717.JPG    45.7 KB
TX, USA   USA
1952 MG TD
1958 MG MGA 1500
My problem from the start has been "Exquisite" to describe a car for which the restorer is the exqisitor.

ping45 Silver Member Rich G
Highland, CA, USA   USA
These are some wonderful, and appreciated, shots. Down the road I may well ask for some further explanation, but for now I'll just keep them for reference. Thank you for taking the time.
Rich7771

MGTF1500 Ardeche France Avatar
MGTF1500 Ardeche France Thierry SUCHIER
TOURNON SUR RHONE, Rhône-Alpes Auvergne, France   FRA
Thank you for your explanations Gregory!
Sincerely, Thierry de l'Ardèche

53 TD Dog Avatar
53 TD Dog David K
Chicago, Illinios, USA   USA
Sir,
What a Beautiful TF! The work that you have done is Excellent and Meticulous.
Please post some picture after the event.

LaGrange, IL, USA   USA
This car was extremely well received at the SCCA event. The following is a link to a U-tube Video ... Enjoy

Gregory S

brucemann Avatar
brucemann Silver Member Bruce Mann
White Lake, MI, USA   USA
1952 MG TD "Little Black"
1960 MG MGA 1600 "Little Red"
1962 MG MGA MkII
Gregory,

What a beauty. This car is exactly as you have described it, Exquisite!

Great work, love the color and the interior.

Bruce

Bruce Mann

AZTD Avatar
AZTD Silver Member Mike Grogan
Glendale, AZ, USA   USA
1953 MG TD
Hey, you don't ask how much you have into it !
That's like asking how much you paid your wife to marry you.
Love has everything to do with it ! devil smiley

Love it.hot smiley

1953 MG TD TD23816

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster