Visit our Twitter feed for more great content
MGExp

T-Series & Prewar Forum

Can a T-Series be fitted with a modern fuel gauage?

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Declan Burns Avatar
Duesseldorf, NRW, Germany   DEU
As I mentioned I still have to test fit it. The trick is (if it works and it should without removing the tank!) that the lower sensor can be loosened and swivelled up parallel to the upper sensor having pushed up the float OR the upper sensor be installed first with the flange and once inside the lower sensor is fitted and swivelled back down to the bottom of the tank and then tightened in position. Then connect the sensors in series.
Regards
Declan

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Declan Burns Avatar
Tony,
Even if the lower sensor is not perfectly vertical it is not critical as most would have topped up when the waring light came on. The reed switch for the warning light is at the top of the lower sensor (at the moment).
Regards
Declan

55MGTF Avatar
55MGTF Tony R
Milford, NJ, USA   USA
Brilliant again. Thank you for responding so quickly. Again, whenever you begin marketing the kit please reach out to me. Kind regards.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Declan Burns Avatar
Tony,
If and only if (mathematical iff).!devil smiley
Regards
Declan

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster