Skye Avatar
Skye Webmaster Skye Nott
Vancouver, BC, Canada   CAN
1964 Vespa VNB 125
1966 MG MGB "The Bomber RIP"
1983 Suzuki MC GS750E "Kate"
1986 Merkur XR4Ti "The Rally Car"    & more
I've been hard at work coding new features since January

These have been on the todo list for a long time, I hope you find the new features useful.

1. You can now mark a topic that you've started Solved (or Sold if it's in the Buy, Sell & Trade) below the first post or from the topic list.

2. Authors can "bump" their own topics to move them to the top of the topic list without having to post a reply.

3. Buy, Sell & Trade forum now supports entering Price + "Multiple items" and "Make offer" options. Location is automatically copied from your home page.

4. New option "Allow replies by other users" when posting in the Buy & Sell, by default it's turned ON which means other users will be allowed to leave a reply on your Buy & Sell post (same behaviour as before). If you do NOT want people to be able to publicly comment on your Buy & Sell post, uncheck the option and viewers will be shown a button to send you a Private Message instead.

All of these new features are fully supported in the mobile/smartphone interface as well, along with many other mobile UI enhancements. If you haven't visited this website from your phone's web browser in a while, check it out.

If you see any unfamiliar icons in the topic list, hover your mouse pointer over them and a "tooltip" description should pop up describing its function.

If there are any bugs with the new features, reply below or click "Contact Support" at the bottom of any page

Thanks,
Skye

Webmaster, The MG Experience
AutoShrine.com - Corvus Digital

Member Services:
Building the best online communities for auto enthusiasts.
Was this post helpful or interesting?
+2 Yes No Thank
  rocannon thanked Skye for this post
ckilmer Avatar
ckilmer Callen K
Orangevale, CA, USA   USA
In the TR6 tech forum when you hover over the bold subject line a box pops up with the text of the original message so you can see what the topic is about which I find to be a nice feature and avoids open topics I'm not interested in. In the MGB tech forum the box only says unread reply. Is it possible to ad the preview feature to the MGB tech forum?
Thanks,
Callen

. Hide this ad & support a small business by becoming a Gold Supporting Member
Yes No Thank
sweep Avatar
sweep Gold Member Chris W
Gosford, NSW, Australia   AUS
1966 MG MGB "Basil"
2013 Volkswagen Tiguan
2015 Audi A3
Skye. The black drop down menu bar which remains at the top of the screen is behaving strangely when in a topic. The 'click' drop down is fine but the hover brings up a preview of the current topic on all of the menu items. A bit weird.
Doesn't happen in topic list view.

The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.

To the intelligent person, life appears infinitely mysterious, but the stupid have an answer for everything.

Day Dreamers, don't discourage them. That's where original thought comes from.

Yes No Thank
Skye Avatar
Skye Webmaster Skye Nott
1964 Vespa VNB 125
Fixed

In reply to # 3903676 by sweep Skye. The black drop down menu bar which remains at the top of the screen is behaving strangely when in a topic. The 'click' drop down is fine but the hover brings up a preview of the current topic on all of the menu items. A bit weird.
Doesn't happen in topic list view.

Member Services:
Yes No Thank
warekl Avatar
warekl Silver Member Keith Ware
White Bear Lake Mn, USA   USA
1973 MG MGB GT
1979 MG MGB
Skye,
Can you left justify the column with the optional tags so that it is easier to see next to the subject?

USMC ... Semper Fi
79 RB Lowered, HS4s by Dave Braun & "Schlemmerized" 25D Dizzy, 9.5:1 CR, Mild Performance Cam, 18V with OD Tranny.

73 GT in Black Tulip

Yes No Thank
ckilmer Avatar
ckilmer Callen K
Orangevale, CA, USA   USA
Skye,
I never saw a response to my previous post:

In the TR6 tech forum when you hover over the bold subject/topic line a box pops up with the text of the original message so you can see what the topic is about, which I find to be a nice feature and avoids open topics I'm not interested in. In the MGB tech forum the box when you hover over the subject line only says unread reply. Is it possible to ad the preview feature to the MGB tech forum?
Thanks,
Callen

Yes No Thank
Skye Avatar
Skye Webmaster Skye Nott
1964 Vespa VNB 125
I sent you a PM

Go to Forum Settings and make sure Turn off post previews on mouse hover? is set to No

https://www.mgexp.com/phorum/control.php?1,panel=forum

Skye

In reply to # 3904983 by ckilmer Skye,
I never saw a response to my previous post:

In the TR6 tech forum when you hover over the bold subject/topic line a box pops up with the text of the original message so you can see what the topic is about, which I find to be a nice feature and avoids open topics I'm not interested in. In the MGB tech forum the box when you hover over the subject line only says unread reply. Is it possible to ad the preview feature to the MGB tech forum?
Thanks,
Callen

Member Services:
Yes No Thank
CountBasey Avatar
CountBasey Silver Member Thomas Basey
Brunswick, OH, USA   USA
1976 MG Midget 1500 "Opus"
Skye,

Very minor observation (don't you just hate it when people nit-pick?). I added a new Journal post today 3/8, and when you click on the photos in the Journal they open in the full window (without the caption) instead of a small pop-up window like before. The odd thing is that my older posts still work like they always have.

Still works... just different. FYI.

Thomas (Count) Basey

Yes No Thank
CountBasey Avatar
CountBasey Silver Member Thomas Basey
Brunswick, OH, USA   USA
1976 MG Midget 1500 "Opus"
In reply to # 3905205 by CountBasey Skye,

Very minor observation (don't you just hate it when people nit-pick?). I added a new Journal post today 3/8, and when you click on the photos in the Journal they open in the full window (without the caption) instead of a small pop-up window like before. The odd thing is that my older posts still work like they always have.

Still works... just different. FYI.

Just checked my Journal again, and now the photos are displaying correctly. Please tell me if you've seen this issue before and/or fixed it - or did I have one too many ales?

Thomas (Count) Basey

Yes No Thank
Skye Avatar
Skye Webmaster Skye Nott
1964 Vespa VNB 125
Maybe you clicked the image before the lightbox Javascript (pop-up window) was fully loaded.

Skye

In reply to # 3905209 by CountBasey Just checked my Journal again, and now the photos are displaying correctly. Please tell me if you've seen this issue before and/or fixed it - or did I have one too many ales?

Member Services:
Yes No Thank

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1974 MG MGB

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links