Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

tlkolrod Avatar
tlkolrod Toby Lovelace
Glenville, USA   USA
Hello Guys, I have been a member for many years but this is my first date with the "other vehicle" section. Now that the wife is happy with the midget we built its time to get back on my VW project. I any re-doing a 69 standard bug and my goal is to give it the look of my high school ride. Back in 74 my first vw was a 65. Lots of stories went with that vehicle for sure. I have most of the parts but I NEED 65 front fenders of the GERMAN style. I have worked with vw repop sheet metal and it has a lot to be desired. I want original German metal if at all possible. For those wondering the difference. The early bugs had the kool glass covered headlights. The fenders will interchange so I want to do the swap. If anyone has some or knows of a lead please get in touch. I am in PA over Gettysburg way but I love a good road trip. They do not need to be perfect as I can work them. My biggest obstacle is cost. After the Midget project I only have one arm and leg left so I cant pay an arm and a leg for the fenders !!!

Have a great day we are to get freeking SNOW
Toby

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
tvrgeek Avatar
tvrgeek Silver Member Scott S
Hillsborough, North Carolinia, USA   USA
1965 MG MGB
Are German covered light fenders different from US covered lens? I did not think so. Continent spec had painted hubcaps, no glove box cover and no side trim. I thought everything else was the same.

There are large VW specific forums. Might go there. I had a 67, so it was exposed lights.

You still want to get an IRS dual port 1600 if you want to keep up on the highway.

Cogito ergo sum periculoso

jimandcassdavis Avatar
jimandcassdavis Silver Member Jim Davis
Swanton, OH, USA   USA
There used to be a shop in Janesville NY that had all things VW. I don't know if they are still there.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Interceptor Avatar
Interceptor Mike Brand
Shenandoah Valley, VA, USA   USA
1955 MG TF 1500 "The TF"
1956 Volvo TP21 "Sugga"
1963 Jaguar E-Type Coupe "401K"
1967 MG MGB GT "The GT"    & more
Toby,
There is a guy on RT. 97 South (1650 Baltimore Pike) out of Gettysburg......on the East Side of the road. White House with Blue Trim. It is closer to US15 than to Town. Anyway....I think there is a VW nut that lives there. I remember seeing one of the old trucks ( transport? ) that was like a Pickup....with fold down sides. A couple old Bugs too. Just thought of that when you said you were close to Gettysburg. I never stopped, but it always seemed like there was something there interesting. If nothing else, perhaps they could give you some leads.

**************************************************************************************************************************************************

OK...I just used Google Streetview. I saw the VW Transporter. It's newer...more square. Saw the above Address, a new Blue Bug parked at the House. A newer Bus behind the Garage. There is a sign at the road -- Moons Imports 334-4671.

In the backyard are another 19 Vehicles.....I'd say at least 2 are Bugs. A couple Big cars ( American ? ). Some little red convertible too!

It appears that if you want any privacy today.....ya need 4 Walls....... and a Roof!!

edit
Here is the Google Link

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Gettysburg,+PA+17325/@39.8046383,-77.2095112,274m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x89c854bb6968cbb9:0x76e0a9410973efbe!8m2!3d39.8309293!4d-77.2310955?hl=en

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-06 07:31 PM by Interceptor.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster