AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

10kpharo Avatar
10kpharo Gold Member Julian L
Windsor Lodge, West Coast of New York, USA   USA
1955 Austin A30 Van
2007 Ford F-150 Pickup "Clifford The Big Red Truck"
On the plus side, when the drivetrain has completely failed...you can live in the VW bus. Had some friends who lived in downtown Albany, NY. They lived on a corner lot. On one side, permanently parked, was a VW bus that someone lived in.

"We are healthy only to the extent that our ideas are humane" - Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

Interested in Austin cars? Check out my Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/orphanaustincars/

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Paul J Avatar
Locust Grove, OK, USA   USA
$1750. As we speak. Tulsa Craigs list Tulsa, Ok

Attachments:
00808_5BR198jCHPX_300x300.jpg    17.4 KB
00808_5BR198jCHPX_300x300.jpg

1275midget Avatar
1275midget Mike's 73 Midget
over, hill and dale, USA   USA
I had a 1971 in 1978. Valves needed adjustment every 2-3 months. Leaked oil like crazy. Power and torque were two words never used in discussion about the vehicle. I paid $1,200.00 for it from a well to do Buck Head lady, and if memory serves me, sold it for about the same about 1 1/2 years later.
Now here is the thing: it is on my personal list as one of my top three vehicles I've driven! Only I didn't realize that, until after it was gone.
Windshield just a short few inches in front of the steering wheel. The large round seemingly horizontal steering wheel was an absolute kick to drive. With the engine in the rear, there was seemingly no front end. The view and perception were nearly one with the road. The large front doors, and sliding side door were a personal invitation to a driving adventure each time out.

It was truly a blast to drive, and a PIA to own and maintain. I wish I still had it!

The VW Beetle and bus collector market continues to thrive, for all the reasons mentioned in the posts.

The photo is not my old bus, but same year and color. Ah...……..the 70's in Atlanta....hhhmmmmmmm.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
1971 VW bus.jpg    70.7 KB
1971 VW bus.jpg

mr natural.jpg    25.7 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
bughut Avatar
bughut jack quaif
clovis nm, USA   USA
I have a low milage, no rust and never hit 66 VW plain Jane Kombi. We painted it about 14 yrs ago and stored it in the back of my VW shop. Have been offered 25k+. Don't need to sell it so it'll just stay stored.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster