Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

bughut Avatar
bughut jack quaif
clovis nm, USA   USA
About a 10 days ago I found two old Bugs, a 61 and a 65 at a wrecking yard. A guy brought them and a bunch of me parts and was scrapping them. Titles and all. Typical bumps and one missing the eng. As I was doing the deal a third VW this one a 98 Golf rolled across the scales on a rollback truck. Left get wheel was back a bit. Figured I could sell the drivetrain as they said it ran. Perfect otherwise. Made a deal of $1000 for all three. They delivered them to my VW shop and 90 mins later ...after replacing a simple bolt in lower ball joint that was in the $1200 worth of new parts in boxes..I was driving. Owner was a young GI that would rather junk a nice car and buy a new one. New tires, HID headlites and other new stuff already install. Crazy.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
20181018_162454.jpg    36.6 KB
20181018_162454.jpg

copernicus Avatar
copernicus Nick Kopernik
Snowless Winter, CT, USA   USA
I had a VW bug convertible back in 1972 with a Triptonic transmission; totally under powered with understeer and a suspension that would allow you to run over a brick & not feel it. In winter it was colder inside the car than outside, even with the heater on. That being said, it was one of the most fun cars I've ever owned!

sweep Avatar
sweep Gold Member Chris W
Gosford, NSW, Australia   AUS
1966 MG MGB "Basil"
2013 Volkswagen Tiguan
2015 Audi A3
That looks a nice little commuter for a young kid.

The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.

To the intelligent person, life appears infinitely mysterious, but the stupid have an answer for everything.

Day Dreamers, don't discourage them. That's where original thought comes from.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster