AutoShrine Sponsor

OldBloke Avatar
OldBloke Gold Member Jim Legg
Napa, CA, USA   USA
1970 Rover 3500
1970 Rover P6 "Napa NADA II"
1971 MG MGB GT
1972 MG MGB V6 Conversion    & more
Bought my 1st one of these thinking to use the motor in one of my MGBs. The ride proved so unique and the car enough of a rarity that I couldn't bring myself to scavenging just the motor. It remains one of the under appreciated collectibles and brings smiles whether mine or those who see her

"Not all who wander are lost." -J.R.R. Tolkien

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Fairfield, CA, USA   USA
so you are buying another?<G>

1973 Pale Primrose Roadster. A nice 10-footer!
SUs, Datsun 5-speed

OldBloke Avatar
OldBloke Gold Member Jim Legg
Napa, CA, USA   USA
1970 Rover 3500
1970 Rover P6 "Napa NADA II"
1971 MG MGB GT
1972 MG MGB V6 Conversion    & more
I did..!

"Not all who wander are lost." -J.R.R. Tolkien

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
tvrgeek Avatar
tvrgeek Silver Member Scott S
Hillsborough, North Carolinia, USA   USA
1965 MG MGB
I noticed, they are hard to buy as owners will flat not part with them. THat says a lot. The one concern I have is their highway cruising. I was told by one owner they are not geared to cruise at 70. Even the 2L is sweet.

Cogito ergo sum periculoso

Interceptor Avatar
Interceptor Mike Brand
Shenandoah Valley, VA, USA   USA
1955 MG TF 1500 "The TF"
1956 Volvo TP21 "Sugga"
1963 Jaguar E-Type Coupe "401K"
1967 MG MGB GT "The GT"    & more
In reply to # 3871206 by tvrgeek The one concern I have is their highway cruising. I was told by one owner they are not geared to cruise at 70.

Huh.....wonder if I could have used that excuse with the West Virginia State Trooper I met. He walked up.....gave the Car a once over.....and exclaimed...."Well we don't know what the heck it is.......but we know it runs well. License and Registration please"
"

So Scott, I'm not certain were that owner's opinion came from. The 3500S can run with current Traffic. The 215 seems to be hard on Cams. Possibly the weakest part is the Borg Warner 35 Slushbox.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster