AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

BFC Avatar
BFC Ben Clark
Allegan, MI, USA   USA
1980 MG MGB "Kilr B"
1980 MG MGB MkIV
I've been watching back episodes of Dennis Gage's 'My Classic Car' on Amazon Prime while I fold laundry this rainy morning. This, plus what I have seen on Craigslist and YouTube for modded cars leads me to the following conclusion:

There needs to be a new car show along the lines of "Queer Eye for the Car Guy" where a team of 4-5 people with different areas of auto expertise help a car guy/tuner/moron modify their car so that it isn't an abomination. Or fix one that already is an abomination. Just some kind of guidance and/or sanity check so that people don't utterly mung up a potentially amazing car.

Jenny - The engine/drivetrain expert. Could prevent a 19 year old kid from destroying his engine by over boosting the hell out of it without doing any other modifications.
Ian - The chassis/suspension/steering guy. Could prevent the car from riding like a dump truck.
Big John - Upholsterer and Ergonomics expert, Could make sure that the interior is actually usable, pleasant to sit in, and doesn't mistake outrageousness for coolness.
James - The paint and color guy. Could make sure that the color scheme wasn't hideously offensive.

And their work could be bookended by John Cadogan doing analysis at the start and review at the end and/or otherwise serving as resident curmudgeon.

I don't know. It's always smoked like that/made that sound/done that.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
76lucas Avatar
76lucas Gold Member Josh L
Floyd, VA, USA   USA
1978 MG Midget 1500
1979 MG Midget 1500 "Blue "parts" Car"
1999 Subaru Legacy "Daily Driver"
I like the idea. I am getting kind of tired of seeing the same old wore out shows with the whole ratrod/restomod premise. I never could understand why the H someone would go and f-up a fixable classic car. Sure if its a worhless or rusted out junk go nuts. But I saw a show a couple weeks ago (not sure which) where they chopped cut and pretty much destroyed a fairly rare mustang. Stupidest thing I've seen in awhile and I don't even like Fords.

If you never try to do it You will never be able to do it

BFC Avatar
BFC Ben Clark
Allegan, MI, USA   USA
1980 MG MGB "Kilr B"
1980 MG MGB MkIV
In reply to # 3822454 by 76lucas I like the idea. I am getting kind of tired of seeing the same old wore out shows with the whole ratrod/restomod premise. I never could understand why the H someone would go and f-up a fixable classic car. Sure if its a worhless or rusted out junk go nuts. But I saw a show a couple weeks ago (not sure which) where they chopped cut and pretty much destroyed a fairly rare mustang. Stupidest thing I've seen in awhile and I don't even like Fords.

Exactly. Just this morning, I saw a pic online of someone's souped up Mustang. They had a turbo feeding a bone stock throttle body and intake manifold (well known choke points on 87 - 04 Mustangs) and had the fuel line resting against the turbo insulation. But hey, they had a cold air intake. I am positive that this car will end up playing a starring role in a post that contains the phrase "I was putting out 425HP at the wheels until [insert self-induced disaster here]."

Someone needs to save these people from themselves.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
76lucas Avatar
76lucas Gold Member Josh L
Floyd, VA, USA   USA
1978 MG Midget 1500
1979 MG Midget 1500 "Blue "parts" Car"
1999 Subaru Legacy "Daily Driver"
Kind of like this. Dumb as... Nope that's a whole new level of dumb

If you never try to do it You will never be able to do it

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-08 05:38 PM by 76lucas.

Attachments:
2860faf1d75eda3afbcef7ff2245f315--funny-shit-hilarious.jpg    17.1 KB
2860faf1d75eda3afbcef7ff2245f315--funny-shit-hilarious.jpg

BFC Avatar
BFC Ben Clark
Allegan, MI, USA   USA
1980 MG MGB "Kilr B"
1980 MG MGB MkIV
Exactly. Our stars would come in and turn the above diaaster into something... less of a disaster. Or maybe prevent such a travesty in the first place.

Either way, I think it would be a riot.

Ricer: but it’s a wing.
Host: but it only works at speeds over 85, and this thing wouldn’t do that downhill in a hurricane.
Ricer: but it’s a wing.
Host: (rips off wing with a crowbar)

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1979 MG MGB V8 Conversion

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links