Morgan

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Morgan
Cocoa, FL, USA   USA
I just saw a 1940 Morgan on Fl. Daytona Craigslist for $10000,seems pretty complete.Not sure if good deal or not. I heard restored they're about $45000.Greg.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
copernicus Avatar
copernicus Nick Kopernik
Snowless Winter, CT, USA   USA
I owned a 4/4 with the Ford engine, push/pull tranny; loved the look and the feel of the drive with the car, but never bought another Morgan. Only thing that has kept me away from Morgans in general is the cost of parts, especially if significant restoration is needed; frame/woodwork efforts may be substantial. On the plus side, Morgans are considered to be a good investment, but values and desirability do vary by model. Go in eyes wide open.

tvrgeek Avatar
tvrgeek Silver Member Scott S
Hillsborough, North Carolinia, USA   USA
1965 MG MGB
Dirt cheap to keep running. No experience with body work though especially now Morgan sold off all the bucks to have room to build the Aero. Early cars are pretty darn tight inside. I think my 64 was about the pinnacle of the trads. I fit in my +4, I don't fit in a flat rad 4-4. One of the most fun cars I owned.

Like any old car, "as is" to restored price depends totally on the restoration. 10K seems cheap so I might be worried about the body frame. 45K better be darn good. 35 is more typical, but a perfect car could be over 100K.

Cogito ergo sum periculoso

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster