AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Seldom Seen Avatar
Lyons, CO, USA   USA
1966 MG MGB "Nigel"
1972 Alfa Romeo GTV "Marcello"
2007 Mini Cooper S "Lizzie"
2018 Fiat 124 Sport Spider
I'd love to find one of these parallel twin cylinder '70s motorcycles. It would have to be relatively low mileage, museum quality, cosmetically flawless and in perfect running unmodified showroom condition. Honda made over a quarter million CB350s alone so there must be some nice ones still around restored or original. The Chinese just came out with a retro bike that resembles a cross between the CB350 and the CB400SS. It's called the Genuine G400C. It's tempting but I'd really rather have the real thing.

"A book's a great place to hide out in" - Trevanian

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Wray Avatar
Wray Gold Member Wray Lemke
., SC, USA   USA
I had a '69 CL350, it was a great bike. Traded it for a '62 Transporter. Wish I had both of them back in the garage.

dohc281 Avatar
dohc281 Silver Member Ira Eckstein
Laurel Springs, NJ, USA   USA
I had a CB 360. Rode it from central NJ to Burlington Vermont on a permit. It took 10 hours and I vibrated for 3 hours after we got there. My buddy rode his 360 Scrambler and we had a great time.

Craigslist ad about 3 weeks old

https://philadelphia.craigslist.org/mcy/d/1966-cl77-gt250-cb450-cb550-xs650-cb350/6760424689.html

If you hit your pony over the nose at the outset of your acquaintance, he may not love you, but he will take a deep interest in your movements ever afterwards.

Rudyard Kipling

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-23 10:23 PM by dohc281.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
copernicus Avatar
copernicus Nick Kopernik
Snowless Winter, CT, USA   USA
Ahh, brings back memories of my first crash on a Honda 350 Scrambler; didn't do enough damage so I then got a 450!

dagaffer Tom Raddatz
Western Springs, IL, USA   USA
I had a CL250 ( at least I thought it was a 250) it was orange with the pipes running up and under my thigh while I rode it. It was a great bike, but like all 16 year olds I wanted a bigger bike, which then began my downward spiral to bigger and faster bike’s until I eventually got one too big and too fast for my skinny little butt, and almost killed myself.
I’ve perused, ebay, craigslist to find one like my first but the prices have gotten a little crazy. Fully restored they’re $3-5 grand and up. Unrestored $1500 does it but you never know what you’re getting.
For some reason, Michigan craigslist seem to always have a lot of them try different cities and towns in Michigan.
Good luck and best wishes.

OldBloke Avatar
OldBloke Gold Member Jim Legg
Napa, CA, USA   USA
1970 Rover 3500
1970 Rover P6 "Napa NADA II"
1971 MG MGB GT
1972 MG MGB V6 Conversion    & more
Terrible when you know of squirreled away 'barn finds', but you know the owner would rather see 'em rust away than ever think about selling them!

"Not all who wander are lost." -J.R.R. Tolkien

Attachments:
Another Visit To Upvalley Toybox 004.JPG    64.9 KB
Another Visit To Upvalley Toybox 004.JPG

sweep Avatar
sweep Gold Member Chris W
Gosford, NSW, Australia   AUS
1966 MG MGB "Basil"
2013 Volkswagen Tiguan
2015 Audi A3
This is a stock photo, but it's identical to the bike I owned during my teachers college years. I came off it about 100klms south of Cunnamulla on a wooden bridge and had to wait about 2hrs for a car to come along to get me and my stuffed bike to Cunnamulla. I had it fixed and rode it for another couple of years.
I had a mate who had the 350 but because he promised his mum he wouldn't ride anything over 250, he changed the side covers for the 250 ones. They looked identical except IIRC his was blue.

The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.

To the intelligent person, life appears infinitely mysterious, but the stupid have an answer for everything.

Day Dreamers, don't discourage them. That's where original thought comes from.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-29 06:17 AM by sweep.

Seldom Seen Avatar
Lyons, CO, USA   USA
1966 MG MGB "Nigel"
Here is the new Genuine G400C that I mentioned: http://www.genuinescooters.com/g400c.html It's like a modern '70s Honda. I think I'll stick with my Suzuki TU250X though.

Attachments:
2019-genuine-g400c.jpg    59.5 KB
2019-genuine-g400c.jpg

CRH Charley H
Prospect, KY, USA   USA
You missed this 360 on Bring-A-Trailer, but check into the comments and you will see that the guy who sold it deals in CBs and has others.

Charley

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1974-honda-cb360t/

Wray Avatar
Wray Gold Member Wray Lemke
., SC, USA   USA
The 450 was a nice bike, more power and smoother than the 350, sounded better, too.

In reply to # 3862536 by copernicus Ahh, brings back memories of my first crash on a Honda 350 Scrambler; didn't do enough damage so I then got a 450!

Seldom Seen Avatar
Lyons, CO, USA   USA
1966 MG MGB "Nigel"
I would also be interested in a Yamaha RD250 and/or a Suzuki GT250 both from the '70s and in the above described condition. Better yet I want a time machine.

angliagt Avatar
angliagt Doug Milota
Roanoke, VA, USA   USA
1967 MG MGB GT "The MG"
1974 MG Midget MkIII "The Midget"
Seldom Seen Avatar
Lyons, CO, USA   USA
1966 MG MGB "Nigel"
I'll have to add the late '70s Suzuki GT185 to the wish list.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster