AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

mike.l mike l
tillsonburg, Canada   CAN
1954 International L-Series
1954 Nuffield PM-4 Tractor
1957 Morris Tractor (Nuffield) "Little Brother"
1974 MG MGB "Paddington Bear"
Hi I brought this here as Mr goggle did not know the answer and i am sure there are a few with great knowledge that browse this site. i have a engine 4.3 v6 with a cracked block the casting numbers tell me its 14099090 which is around 1999 i found a replacement engine which i would use block only from it has a casting number of 14099090M can anyone tell me for certain what the m stands for it cant be metric as blocks are made in buffalo and US doesn't do metric any help thanks mike

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
refisk Avatar
refisk Rick Fisk
Frankenmuth, MI, USA   USA
Don't know the answer to your question, but US vehicles have been metric since the 70's.

In reply to # 3843721 by mike.l Hi I brought this here as Mr goggle did not know the answer and i am sure there are a few with great knowledge that browse this site. i have a engine 4.3 v6 with a cracked block the casting numbers tell me its 14099090 which is around 1999 i found a replacement engine which i would use block only from it has a casting number of 14099090M can anyone tell me for certain what the m stands for it cant be metric as blocks are made in buffalo and US doesn't do metric any help thanks mike

nonracer Gold Member Steve Codianni
AZ, USA   USA
I lot of GM blocks are produced in Mexico , this might be what it means but I’m only guessing . I wouldn’t think there’s difference between the two blocks .......again only guessing

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
nonracer Gold Member Steve Codianni
AZ, USA   USA
090 is 96-99 6 bolt timing cover 10 bolt oil pan

090M is 00-05 10 bolt oil pan , don’t have any info on timing cover bolts though .

Forget what I wrote in my last post !
I found the information on
Rapidomarine.com

mike.l mike l
tillsonburg, Canada   CAN
1954 International L-Series
1954 Nuffield PM-4 Tractor
1957 Morris Tractor (Nuffield) "Little Brother"
1974 MG MGB "Paddington Bear"
thanks guys got a lot of help from here and the local machine shop this morning gave me the little help i needed the M stands for metric, the starter bolts the bell housing bolts are metric and he also mentioned the front timing cover bolts, also the engine mount bolts to bloc,k otherwise same you just have to buy new bolts to adapt it thanks mike

tvrgeek Avatar
tvrgeek Silver Member Scott S
Hillsborough, North Carolinia, USA   USA
1965 MG MGB
For this kind of detail ( next time) I might suggest places like the S10forum.com ( pretty sure my 98 Sonoma is metric, FWIW. )

Cogito ergo sum periculoso

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster