AutoShrine Sponsor

spikemichael Avatar
spikemichael Platinum Member Michael Caputo
Ocean Shores, WA, USA   USA
1973 MG MGB "Freebie"
1973 MG MGB
1974 MG MGB "Spike"
1979 MG MGB "MegaBeanie"    & more
When you are heading to a regional car show there are things you bring, things you wish you brought and things you wish you left at home yet every time you never have the right combination of stuff.

Rather than " what tools/parts do you carry in the boot" I am asking ...

What items would make up the "in a perfect world car show kit?"

cooler?
chair?
umbrella?
BIG umbrella?
picnic basket (for the rack)?
blanket?
tent?

I usually go with an empty trunk and a credit card.

Michael J. Caputo
'79 RBB and '73 CBB owner with extensive experience in 12v Audio System design and installation.
Vendor of Regalia and Promotional Products. Forum Member with a warped sense of humor.

Member Services:
Call me at 978-249-5760 PST for help with your Weber DGV Carburetor, questions about the calendar, or just to talk MGBs! Send high resolution photo submissions for next year's calendar to 2020photos@mgbcalendar.com
tampaguy Avatar
tampaguy Jack Shea
Elgin, OR, USA   USA
When I go to the few shows bye me I go to examine other folks vehicles. While there I always try to support the vendors who offer refreshments so I don’t bring coolers. It seldom rains during our shows so no umbrella needed. I never feel the need to sit during a show so no chair needed. I have a GT so no picnic basket needed. I don’t plan on sleeping over so no tent or blankets needed. I DO like to document the interesting sights and sounds so I do bring my iPhone. Thought I would share this car show photo.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
4B1989F9-04E0-450A-ABA3-5C43E6F91C25.jpeg    73 KB
4B1989F9-04E0-450A-ABA3-5C43E6F91C25.jpeg

Cmpozr Avatar
Cmpozr Ray Weidner
Forest, VA, USA   USA
I carry an old coffee container labeled "car show rags". The morning of the show, I fill it up with H2O and soak a chamois and small cloth in it. When I get to the show, I can wipe the car down with the cloth and dry it with the chamois.

74 Chrome Bumper MGB
71 Triumph TR-6 (original owner)

"Every LBC is a rolling restoration."
"These are the cars that try men's souls."
"The past is a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there."

Wray Avatar
Wray Gold Member Wray Lemke
., SC, USA   USA
You asking about taking care of the car's appearance as well as your creature comforts?

In the MGB:
Two folding chairs, small cooler that will hold four drinks/water and some snacks.
Roll of paper towels.
Bottle of Windex which is a good all purpose cleaner, safe on most stuff including hands.
We don't tote a lot of real food, you're going to eat there.
In the Magnette:
Whatever we want up to and including the kitchen sink. Plenty of room in that boot.

Car care stuff:
I have a small basket with a few things in it;
Meguiar's #4 vinyl cleaner
Mother's Quick detail
Can of Nevr dull
Small brush to remove grass and brush floor mats
Spray bottle of water.
Couple of soft buffing cloths and a couple of micro fiber cloths.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Rick Fawthrop Avatar
Rick Fawthrop Richard Fawthrop
Langley, WA, USA   USA
I have a pair of chairs, a small cooler, a detail kit and a tool bag that lives in the trunk.

Markp61 Avatar
Markp61 Silver Member Mark Pasquill
MARION, MA, USA   USA
We take two chairs. Umbrella. Detail kit that doubles as table between chairs. And because any of the shows we have been to do not have a vendor selling coffee. Dunkin Donuts box o joe is essential. Food etc we support the vendors.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-07 08:26 PM by Markp61.

MGBGTee Avatar
MGBGTee Gold Member Henri Lefebvre
Calgary, Alberta, Canada   CAN
A few of the items I bring, and the list may vary depending on the Show:

One or two cameras - an absolute MUST, because I am not fond of cellphone cameras;
Detailing kit, including water, for last minutes touch-up at the Show;
Cooler with bottled water and a few apples or other fruits, a supplement to the vendors at the Show;
Chairs, for late afternoon rest;
Straw sun hat from NAMGBR, with a few car pins;
Umbrella, for the sun;
Sun blocker cream.

Henri Lefebvre
Calgary, Alberta

NAMGBR member 16-6307

71 MGB GT, Midnight Blue
80 TR8, Platinum Silver

tahoe36c Avatar
tahoe36c Paul Hruza
Panama City, FL, USA   USA
1969 MG MGC GT "Little Red Rocket..."
1972 MG MGB GT "Tiny Dancer"
2002 Harley-Davidson Dyna
What???

Nobody mentioned beer...? smileys with beer

Hmmmm

Must be a Redneck thing... confused smiley

-bcw Avatar
-bcw Bruce Wyckoff
Zeeland, Michigan, USA   USA
In reply to # 3887725 by tahoe36c What???

I was thinking cigars. cool smiley

Everyone likes flattery; and when you come to Royalty you should lay it on with a trowel. - Benjamin Disraeli

ratbagsmg Avatar
ratbagsmg Kevin Cobley
Mount Vernon, WA, USA   USA
Couple of folding chairs
Detailing kit
Tape for attaching show paper placard to windshield
Small tool kit
First Aid Kit
trash bag
Cooler (I still buy food from vendors)

Sarge101st Avatar
Sarge101st Silver Member Brian S
Carlisle, PA, USA   USA
1977 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "Biggles"
1979 MG Midget 1500 "Grrr"
1980 MG MGB "Piddles"
If it's a meet, camera, coffee, and water in a cooler. I go to see friends and other people's cars, not really to "show" mine. I'll bring one of the little ridge-runners, meet up with friends, eat food-truck food, and hit the boot-sales and parts vendors. I can make a day of that easily. Unfortunately, the meets around here are pretty much a thing of the past compared to even two years ago, having either turned into the American-style show (stereotypically at wineries) or been done by greedy or hostile venues.

If its a show, a camera and the keys to the shop-truck to the public lot. I'll walk around and take pictures, bore easily, and go to the pub before the afternoon sun gets oppressive. I just do better as a spectator. I enjoy seeing cars and there is always something unusual to see and often something to learn ("So that's what that bit is supposed to do!"winking smiley, but always easier to enjoy if one isn't tethered to a car and can leave when one wants.

spikemichael Avatar
spikemichael Platinum Member Michael Caputo
Ocean Shores, WA, USA   USA
1973 MG MGB "Freebie"
1973 MG MGB
1974 MG MGB "Spike"
1979 MG MGB "MegaBeanie"    & more
I always get "there" and wish I had brought chairs.

Michael J. Caputo
'79 RBB and '73 CBB owner with extensive experience in 12v Audio System design and installation.
Vendor of Regalia and Promotional Products. Forum Member with a warped sense of humor.

Member Services:
Call me at 978-249-5760 PST for help with your Weber DGV Carburetor, questions about the calendar, or just to talk MGBs! Send high resolution photo submissions for next year's calendar to 2020photos@mgbcalendar.com
John Morrison Avatar
John Morrison John B. Morrison
Collierville, TN, USA   USA
In reply to # 3887725 by tahoe36c What???

Hmmmm

Must be a Redneck thing... confused smiley

Attached photo of my GT at our EuroFest Show in Memphis last October. Always have beer!

Safety Fast!

John

Attachments:
3DF8F397-B719-43F5-8052-02E68256BEEA.jpeg    49.2 KB
3DF8F397-B719-43F5-8052-02E68256BEEA.jpeg

tahoe36c Avatar
tahoe36c Paul Hruza
Panama City, FL, USA   USA
1969 MG MGC GT "Little Red Rocket..."
1972 MG MGB GT "Tiny Dancer"
2002 Harley-Davidson Dyna
This works too!!! A lot of people don't even realize that MGBs and Cs have a built in bottle opener...

Attachments:
MG Church Key 01.JPG    35.6 KB
MG Church Key 01.JPG

oldredsel Avatar
oldredsel Silver Member Rick Crosby
South Dartmouth, MA, USA   USA
1959 Edsel Villager "OLD Red EDSEL"
1969 MG MGB GT "Emma"
1980 MG MGB "Hole-y Roller"
2003 Chevrolet S10 "The S10"    & more
I guess the only universals are a couple of chairs and a cooler with a "back up" lunch.

We support the food vendors, but I'm a vegetarian and Jackie is vegan so they are not always an option.

I always carry tools and some spares (the greater the distance, the greater the spares.)

We check the forecast and add anything that's necessary (we added a "backpack canopy" to our inventory last season.)

After that it becomes more destination specific (i.e., if we're heading to the British Invasion in Stowe VT, we always bring a LARGE cooler for a visit to the Alchemist Brewery and bring home a supply of Heady Topper double IPA!) smileys with beer

Also having a BGT and an AMCO roof rack does give us more options. grinning smiley

Cheers,

Rick

If I could get all the money back I ever spent on cars. . . I'd spend it on cars. - Nick Mason (Pink Floyd)

The journey is the destination.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-13 09:01 AM by oldredsel.

Attachments:
Stowe2017 001.jpg    51.8 KB
Stowe2017 001.jpg

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster