Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

oleanderjoe Avatar
oleanderjoe Gold Member Joseph Baba
Fresno, CA, USA   USA
I just renewed my "Gold Membership" for another year. Sometimes I YELL a lot and GET yelled at a lot, but all in all, for about 14 Cents a day, it is pretty cheap entertainment. SOOOOOO, without "Yelling" how about the multitude of "FREE" members step up to the plate and at least become "Silver" members. >>>>>Thats like .067 Cents a day ($25.00) a year. ???? .confused smileyconfused smileyconfused smiley .067 cents a DAY ????? DAMN, that is CHEAP. eye popping smileyeye popping smiley

NOW: This IS getting interesting. The score is now 4-2 Four PM's saying they agree with me, that more people should help.out financially. <<<<<These were from Paying members. Two Hate letters saying I should mind my own business. ?? <<< From free members. ?? I think that IS the point. If you CHOOSE to not pay. It is OK. But If I choose to bitch about it, is that not my right. ?? and I might choose to do it in CAPS SOOOOO Goodby on this one. I will be watching.

IN ALL SUBJECTS.: For those who believe, no proof is needed. For those who don’t believe, no proof is possible.

"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough"
Sir Henry Royce
co-founder of Rolls Royce .

"BENJAMIN FRANKLIN" >>(Expanded) The bitterness of poor quality (or Crappy Workmenship) remains LONG AFTER the Sweet Taste of Low Price is forgotten.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-14 06:56 PM by oleanderjoe.

Member Services:
little G Avatar
little G Charlie T
queensland, QLD, Australia   AUS
1964 MG MGB "Little G"
No

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
RIRaven Avatar
RIRaven Silver Member Dave Wilson
Little Compton, RI, USA   USA
1971 MG MGB GT
1973 MG MGB
Well, actually $0.067 DOLLARS per day, not cents, but your point is well taken. A small price to pay for the pleasure and wisdom I derive. YMMV!

Dave

Rick Fawthrop Avatar
Rick Fawthrop Richard Fawthrop
Langley, WA, USA   USA
Don’t look at me. I am tapped out.
I am building a house and get paid progressively. I need to finish the decks and paint and it’s snowing out.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
riley1489 Avatar
riley1489 Gold Member Bruce H
Great White North, QC, Canada   CAN
1953 Jaguar XK120
1959 Riley 1.5 "King George"
1973 MG MGB
So what Joe.
Skye has mentioned, and very often, one does not need "YA GOT TO PAY TO PLAY".

B

Check your ego Amigo!

oleanderjoe Avatar
Fresno, CA, USA   USA
Nothing what. Just an observation. Carry on. eye rolling smiley

In reply to # 3889350 by riley1489 So what Joe.
Skye has mentioned, and very often, one does not need "YA GOT TO PAY TO PLAY".

B

IN ALL SUBJECTS.: For those who believe, no proof is needed. For those who don’t believe, no proof is possible.

"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough"
Sir Henry Royce

"BENJAMIN FRANKLIN" >>(Expanded) The bitterness of poor quality (or Crappy Workmenship) remains LONG AFTER the Sweet Taste of Low Price is forgotten.

Member Services:
oleanderjoe Avatar
Fresno, CA, USA   USA
YUP> Sorry about that.

In reply to # 3889332 by RIRaven Well, actually $0.067 DOLLARS per day, not cents, but your point is well taken. A small price to pay for the pleasure and wisdom I derive. YMMV!

Sir Henry Royce

Member Services:
greenrman Gold Member Don B
Kelowna, BC, Canada   CAN
1973 MG MGB "Oscar"
2005 BMW 3 Series Cabriolet "Sabrina"
J. I like the volunteer system. I enjoy the site so I pay.

It would be interesting to know the stats on % of ppl whom pay to be a member, the # of their posts, etc...but that is not our business,...only Skye's.

What I absolutely abhor is the "guilt trip" method ....not that I am insinuating this on your post,...but just a thought came to my mind,...so I had to post....for example: when one goes thru the grocery line, and the cashier has been forced to ask (after all your grocery items scanned, and yer paying)...."Would you like to donate $2 to ...this...or that Foundation?"

(And it's always a Cancer or Children's Hospital or some other GUILT Foundation to bilk ya outta yer $. I'm not heartless...as my family has had "cancer, children's hospital issues, etc"...and....HEY, I believe in those Foundations,...BUT,...I'll donate on MY time & MY $. My personal opinion is that I hate the guilt trip approach. Again, not insinuating this on your post. But. Jus sayin

oleanderjoe Avatar
Fresno, CA, USA   USA
I understand perfectly. I have two charities that I support. One locally, one nationally. thumbs up

In reply to # 3889366 by greenrman J. I like the volunteer system. I enjoy the site so I pay.

It would be interesting to know the stats on % of ppl whom pay to be a member, the # of their posts, etc...but that is not our business,...only Skye's.

What I absolutely abhor is the "guilt trip" method ....not that I am insinuating this on your post,...but just a thought came to my mind,...so I had to post....for example: when one goes thru the grocery line, and the cashier has been forced to ask (after all your grocery items scanned, and yer paying)...."Would you like to donate $2 to ...this...or that Foundation?"

(And it's always a Cancer or Children's Hospital or some other GUILT Foundation to bilk ya outta yer $. I'm not heartless...as my family has had "cancer, children's hospital issues, etc"...and....HEY, I believe in those Foundations,...BUT,...I'll donate on MY time & MY $. My personal opinion is that I hate the guilt trip approach. Again, not insinuating this on your post. But. Jus sayin

Sir Henry Royce

Member Services:
chris Avatar
chris Platinum Member Chris Roop
Pendleton, OR, USA   USA
In reply to # 3889366 by greenrman J. I like the volunteer system. I enjoy the site so I pay.

Here's what I figure is going on with those grocery store solicited donations. The store collects all of that money, donates it, and then they get the tax deduction. Screw that.

Member Services:
Used English car parts.
Fogliner Avatar
Fogliner Mark Vanherd
Port Clements, BC, Canada   CAN
1974 MG MGB
Come on I live on an island in the north pacific, it costs $100.00 for 25 gigs of internet, milk is $8.50 a gallon and gas is $1.80 a liter not gallon.

But you are right its probably time I stepped up and helped Skye out.

Very economical for such priceless advice and deserving support for sure.thumbs up

Soon you will see a silver star beside my name.

Thanks for pointing that out Joe

Kind Regards
MarkV

greenrman Gold Member Don B
Kelowna, BC, Canada   CAN
1973 MG MGB "Oscar"
2005 BMW 3 Series Cabriolet "Sabrina"
Chris...(above post)...NEVER even thunk that. You're prolly RIGHT !!

SCREW "Save-On" (BC grocer)....I'm gonna CALL this out EVERY time the cashier asks again....not to bag on the cashier,...but I'll screw the rest of the ppl behind me & ask the cashier for the MANAGER to come STAT,....so I can ask the dickhead THAT very Q.

"DOES SAVE-ON GET A TAX BREAK ON MY DONATION? YES or NO? IF YOU CANNOT ANSWER THIS Q,..I PLAN TO STAND HERE IN YOUR GROCERY LINE UNTIL I GET ....AN ANSWER THAT SATIFIES ME...OR CLOSE THIS LINE DOWN, & I REFUSE TO PAY, AFTER ALL YOUR BAGGING."

END OF STORY.

(PS. I do not MIND being a GOLD member & paying for something that I actually get personal satisfaction & personal return ...from.

Jus sayin)

Stu Rodger Avatar
Oliver, BC, Canada   CAN
1980 MG MGB "Dorian"
I don't have much to contribute to this group but I read most of the posts and use the search function for problems I have encountered. I don't think my car would be as reliable and enjoyable to drive without the knowledge I have gained here. Its worth a few bucks per month to support Skye.

By the way, the site is $48 US, or $65.40 CAD.

rocannon Avatar
rocannon Platinum Member Frank .
Clairvius Narcisse Township, Bokor, St. Kitts and Nevis   KNA
1967 MG MGB GT "GT From Hell"
1980 MG MGB "Restored By Photoshop Inc."
I see the presence de la police in your future. smiling smiley

In reply to # 3889517 by greenrman Chris...(above post)...NEVER even thunk that. You're prolly RIGHT !!

SCREW "Save-On" (BC grocer)....I'm gonna CALL this out EVERY time the cashier asks again....not to bag on the cashier,...but I'll screw the rest of the ppl behind me & ask the cashier for the MANAGER to come STAT,....so I can ask the dickhead THAT very Q.

"DOES SAVE-ON GET A TAX BREAK ON MY DONATION? YES or NO? IF YOU CANNOT ANSWER THIS Q,..I PLAN TO STAND HERE IN YOUR GROCERY LINE UNTIL I GET ....AN ANSWER THAT SATIFIES ME...OR CLOSE THIS LINE DOWN, & I REFUSE TO PAY, AFTER ALL YOUR BAGGING."

END OF STORY.

(PS. I do not MIND being a GOLD member & paying for something that I actually get personal satisfaction & personal return ...from.

Jus sayin)

. . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . .
. .
. .
. .

rocannon Avatar
rocannon Platinum Member Frank .
Clairvius Narcisse Township, Bokor, St. Kitts and Nevis   KNA
1967 MG MGB GT "GT From Hell"
1980 MG MGB "Restored By Photoshop Inc."
But Chris, they went to a lot of trouble collecting that money! grinning smiley. It’s only right they should be allowed make money off the suffering of others.

In reply to # 3889506 by chris

Here's what I figure is going on with those grocery store solicited donations. The store collects all of that money, donates it, and then they get the tax deduction. Screw that.

. . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . .
. .
. .
. .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-11 07:02 PM by rocannon.

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster