AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Ubergeek Avatar
Ubergeek Brian I
Los Angeles, CA, USA   USA
1968 MG MGB "Victoria"
...only the British cars aren’t afraid of getting wet. Great turnout at the Cars & Coffee this morning in La Cañada

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
973ADEC7-3CDF-44C5-B2D4-5309AD40423C.jpeg    37.4 KB
973ADEC7-3CDF-44C5-B2D4-5309AD40423C.jpeg

jjonns74 Avatar
jjonns74 Gold Member John Dailey
MacDill AFB, Tampa, FL, USA   USA
1974 MG MGB "Athena"
1974 MG MGB "Apollo"
The rest of cars in lot new Invisible, Self-driving ones ??? ---- scary -- can't see them coming, & they obviously can't see US ! ! !

Andrew73B Avatar
Andrew73B Andrew Milne
St.-Lazare, QC, Canada   CAN
1973 MG MGB "Barbie Car"
thumbs upthumbs up MGsmileys with beer meant to be driven! more valuable on the road than in the garage IMHO!,,,, (says the "Jealous" man who has to store his because of the 3' of snow,,,and salt!) gotta' move to warmer "climes"smileys with beer

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
IronDoc Mark Heppe/S.
Plains, MT, USA   USA
Brian, I grew up in La Canada, bought my first MG there-a dark blue that looked for all the world like yours except it was a ‘63, different wheels. I don’t recognize where those are parked? Mark

davidSim Avatar
davidSim David Simmons
San Pedro, CA, USA   USA
1973 MG MGB
Day after the rain in LA is perfect B driving weather. It's the closest to Britain that we got! Top down, heater on. It's my favorite driving weather

Ubergeek Avatar
Ubergeek Brian I
1968 MG MGB "Victoria"
In reply to # 3888863 by davidSim Day after the rain in LA is perfect B driving weather. It's the closest to Britain that we got! Top down, heater on. It's my favorite driving weather

Obligatory Jeremy Clarkson plug

DrewM Avatar
DrewM Drew Maddock
74 MGB roadster, Southern California, USA   USA
Well, no wonder. Nobody told me, and I only live a few miles away. That's your problem -- poor communication, not weather. I laugh at the rain. As long as I have a towel.

But I have no idea where that parking lot is, and I don't see any coffee. You would definitely have needed some coffee this morning.

Drew Maddock, So. Calif. USofA

Ubergeek Avatar
Ubergeek Brian I
1968 MG MGB "Victoria"
I’ll let you know next time we head out there. For reference here’s a shot of what it normally looks like pretty much every Sat morning.

https://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/M_XQinr6pehJfh7exliS8Q?select=uiKiqF3zh0JS2Z70Ufmp0A&utm_source=ishare&utm_content=photo

Location info below for anyone in the area, Starbucks is next door (for you know....coffee)

United Artists La Canada 8
1919 Verdugo Blvd, La Cañada Flintridge, CA 91011
(844) 462-7342
https://goo.gl/maps/Q8EcbzuPAGN2

Attachments:
84209F9E-846B-476A-83EE-EFFAF5E3290F.jpeg    12.8 KB
84209F9E-846B-476A-83EE-EFFAF5E3290F.jpeg

lewk Avatar
lewk Silver Member Keith Lewis
Cambridge, ON, Canada   CAN
Shouldn't it be snowing in La Canada eh? After all that is French for The Canada is it not? Eh? We have about an inch of snow in La Cambridge. You should move here Andrew.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-09 11:38 PM by lewk.

davcar Avatar
davcar Silver Member David Carter
HERVEY BAY, Queensland, Australia   AUS
1969 MG MGB "Peggy-Sue"
1998 MG MGF "Lucy"
That isn't rain...This is rain...!!!

When it rains in Townsville, Nth Queensland...!!!

https://www.9news.com.au/content/2019/02/07/13/05/townsville-floods-images-that-tell-story-of-once-in-a-lifetime-weather-event#1

“Stupid is a condition. Ignorance is a choice.”
Wiley Miller

MGCCQ Wide Bay Chapter Member

Steve S Avatar
Abingdon West, Southern California, USA   USA
It was snowing ten miles from La Canada if that counts. (and 5,000 feet higher)

There will be some early MGs in the rain tomorrow morning, and at least one B that I know of as well.

little G Avatar
little G Charlie T
queensland, QLD, Australia   AUS
1964 MG MGB "Little G"
yep true Dave ...it does really rain up here and further north when it does ...but they get their fair share of fires and floods over there also ...and if with a bit of warning I think I would prefer the water than 3 feet of snow ....lololol

In reply to # 3888953 by Steve S It was snowing ten miles from La Canada if that counts. (and 5,000 feet higher)

There will be some early MGs in the rain tomorrow morning, and at least one B that I know of as well.

Lotus Avatar
Lotus Silver Member Roy Hodgson
Villeneuve, VD, Switzerland   CHE
1974 MG MGB "Butterscotch"
Growing up in Montreal we had a saying: "The nice thing about rain is that you don't have to shovel it."

We have two lives. The second one starts when you realize you only have one.

Lotus Avatar
Lotus Silver Member Roy Hodgson
Villeneuve, VD, Switzerland   CHE
1974 MG MGB "Butterscotch"
Is the Roadster using the white line as a datum line to check the toe-in or is it just badly parked?

We have two lives. The second one starts when you realize you only have one.

Edd Weninger Avatar
Arizona or SoCal, Overgaard AZ or H. Bch. CA, USA   USA
When it rains in LA it snows in Arizona.

Attachments:
MGB Snow small.jpg    65 KB
MGB Snow small.jpg

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster