AutoShrine Sponsor

OldBloke Avatar
OldBloke Gold Member Jim Legg
Napa, CA, USA   USA
1970 Rover 3500
1970 Rover P6 "Napa NADA II"
1971 MG MGB GT
1972 MG MGB V6 Conversion    & more
How many Brits do see in this rainy pic...?

"Not all who wander are lost." -J.R.R. Tolkien

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
Garys Run With Rover.jpg    32.9 KB
Garys Run With Rover.jpg

Steve S Avatar
Abingdon West, Southern California, USA   USA
Sometimes when it rains in Arizona, it snows in LA. winking smiley

Attachments:
mga-snow.jpg    55.3 KB
mga-snow.jpg

Nicecar Avatar
Nicecar Gary (ex "Harv") G
Victoria, BC, Canada   CAN
1980 MG MGB "Red On Red On Red"
Brian:

WTF?
Your car named "Victoria", where I live!!!
Your title has word "Canada", a country I'm truly proud to be a citizen of.
Where the hell is "La Canada", and what is its name derivation?

You have "EVOKED" (conjured) me, and your OP + pic. is all I've viewed before writing this first part.
But WHY?? let your interior get wet?.
I know raising/lowering top a pain for many (not me). For the EXACT situation you are in, years ago I made (sewed) a contoured Poly cover that keeps rain and any tree sheddings falling into car. I hate stowing a wet top, and my set up (no photo's - not even in 2-D).
--------
Now read posts:

Roy #13 "Growing up in Montreal we had a saying: "The nice thing about rain is that you don't have to shovel it."
I spent my first 21 years in Montreal, never heard that one.
X-country skiing in Laurentians my favourite activity, and I'd say: "Better than Sex"! (And don't NOBODY NOWHERE denounce this unless you've X-Country skied years ago in Laurentians!)

"Is the Roadster using the white line as a datum line to check the toe-in or is it just badly parked?"
Oh leave it to a guy from Switzerland (not even a native) to find (justifiable) parking fault. I mean what if the Miata club, with all the "permed" females showed up? How could they ALL park, so they could ALL gossip? (Who's sleeping with whom? Male MG owners, what losers!)

Steve #17 Nice shot, though had you both been wearing white, you could have called this "White on White on White". See my avatar. Time to re-shoot, and turn your headlights on. (Even if "Safety Slow"winking smiley.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-10 05:18 PM by Nicecar.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
little G Avatar
little G Charlie T
queensland, QLD, Australia   AUS
1964 MG MGB "Little G"
I must admit...it does look funny Brian...sort of reminds me of coming out from the supermarket and finding someone parked next to me in an empty car park.....lolololol

In reply to # 3888843 by Ubergeek ...only the British cars aren’t afraid of getting wet. Great turnout at the Cars & Coffee this morning in La Cañada

DrewM Avatar
DrewM Drew Maddock
74 MGB roadster, Southern California, USA   USA
Canada = a large, very nice, relatively underpopulated country somewhere north of here.

La Canada = a wealthy suburb in the "foothills" of the San Gabriel Mountains a few miles north of Pasadena and Los Angeles.

When I first moved to LA years ago, I pronounced it like like the name of country until I found it it's actually pronounced La "Canyada" which is Spanish for "gully or ravine." There are big ravines in the area. Of course this changes the whole meaning in Spanish of the country to the north of us, doesn't it? smiling smiley

Thanks for the map. I'll try to get to one of those get togethers. I'll need some Tim Horton's, though.

Drew Maddock, So. Calif. USofA

lewk Avatar
lewk Silver Member Keith Lewis
Cambridge, ON, Canada   CAN
I like the late Robin Williams description of Canada better - "Canada, they're like the nice family living in the apartment above the Biker Bar"

Canada = a large, very nice, relatively underpopulated country somewhere north of here.

bobbygee Avatar
bobbygee Silver Member bobby galvez
Round Rock, TX, USA   USA
1952 MG TD "Duckie Tee"
1979 MG MGB "Duckie Too"
In reply to # 3889489 by DrewM Canada = a large, very nice, relatively underpopulated country somewhere north of here.

La Canada = a wealthy suburb in the "foothills" of the San Gabriel Mountains a few miles north of Pasadena and Los Angeles.

When I first moved to LA years ago, I pronounced it like like the name of country until I found it it's actually pronounced La "Canyada" which is Spanish for "gully or ravine." There are big ravines in the area. Of course this changes the whole meaning in Spanish of the country to the north of us, doesn't it? smiling smiley

Time to channel the inner Cliff Claven -

In Spanish it's actually spelled "cañada." Hence the "ny" sound which should be nasal for the "ñ" letter.

Canada the country name apparently comes from the Iroquois word "kanata" which means village or settlement.

And now it's time for another beer Normy ... smileys with beer

BobbyG

Eteamjack Avatar
Eteamjack Silver Member Jack Barth
Placentia, calif, USA   USA
1974 MG MGB "Old Yeller 7D4MGB"
What time do they start showing up. I live in Placentia and pretty sure the 74 could handle the freeway.

Ubergeek Avatar
Ubergeek Brian I
Los Angeles, CA, USA   USA
1968 MG MGB "Victoria"
6am I think but I’ve never been there early enough to verify, I usually get there around 7am and it’s packed

Everyone clears out by 8am because the movie theater needs thier parking lot back

In reply to # 3890025 by Eteamjack What time do they start showing up. I live in Placentia and pretty sure the 74 could handle the freeway.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster