AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

steve78b Avatar
steve78b Gold Member Stephen Brockwell
Elgin, OK, USA   USA
1978 MG MGB "Lilith"
Worked Saturday in the shop putting the windshield back on the car after being off for 4 months for painting and because it was too cold. Windshield went on in about 2 hours. The bottom seal was put on about 2 years ago so not as hard to put in place. Usual help..... 2 beers and Led Zeppelin on the stereo.

Sunday put the door windows and gear in and realized that I did not label my parts very well. Took a while to sort things out and put in bolts, take them out and move stuff around. Windows in now.

On to the dash next.

Steve B

Carbs - 1973 AUD 550 HIFs
Distributor Midwest Imports 41427
Moss Motors Tourist Trophy stainless exhaust system

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
w650gb500 Avatar
w650gb500 Dan Lipperini Jr
Dallas, PA, USA   USA
1963 Chevrolet Corvette
1979 MG MGB V8 Conversion
1989 Honda MC GB500 "Tourist Trophy"
1990 Mazda Miata "Mongrel"    & more
Removed front bumper, airdam/fog lights and rear rubber bumper. Test fit, drilled mounting holes, sanded and primed the fiberglass front valance.

Dan Lipperini Jr

1978 MGB 3.5 Rover V-8
Rotus(Lotus 7 replica) powered by Mazda 13-B turbo
1993 Corvette “Kart” scratch build
1963 Corvette Grand Sport Roadster “tribute”
1989 Honda GB-500

69MGMGBCONV Silver Member Robert Beck
Clinton, Pa., USA   USA
1969 MG MGB "LIL Red"
My work in progress; Cut out a rusted section on drivers side lower panel, welded in new metal. Ground out old bondo from a repair I did not like I suppose from the previous owner, was hit in left front and right rear. Last owner didn't straighten any metal just filled in the damage with filler. Hope to have ready for paint by the spring.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
kimmie Avatar
kimmie Kim Rae
Warburton, VIC, Australia   AUS
1970 MG MGB MkIII "The G"
Ordered up a set of differential washers, the G is suffering from 'Diff Clunk'.
Only did them 10 years and 50k miles ago. You'd think 55 year old engineering would last better.

It's not a car...It's an Adventure! (apologies to Casey Ryback)

tbest Avatar
tbest Ted Best
Clinton, NC, USA   USA
Hi Everyone. Newbie here smiling smiley

Just picked up this sweet 79MGB previously owned by Steve Dieter from NC. Awesome car he has had for a long time (16+years). No rust, no major issues but still needing some TLC as Steve has been disabled for some time. I've been wanting a MGB since the 80's! Thank you so much Steve D. for giving me the opportunity to own one of these AWESOME classic cars smiling smiley

So, I started out with a complete suspension rebuild (bushings, tie rod ends, kingpin swivel assembly, shocks). I also bought new seat covers, cushions, and webbing for the seats. I was sitting in the floor of the car with the 40yr old originals. HUGH improvement in happy factor.

Next up, Im on the schedule to drop my car off at Flying Circus for a professional assessment as well as a new soft top install. The car came with a hardtop but the soft top was shot. The weather here in NC can change pretty rapidly so I want to make sure that when im out with the top down.....I have options when the thunder storm blows in smiling smiley They will also take care of the other critical bits...like fuel gage....turn signal. Spring has just arrived in NC 78 deg today in eastern NC!

This project has got to roll! I need some mental relief days with the top down!

Oh Yeah....the transmission grinds going in and out of 3rd gear.........So much to do....so little time!

Hope to see you guys out motoring to!
TB

Attachments:
79MGB-1.JPG    47.2 KB
79MGB-1.JPG

79MGB-2.JPG    42.1 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
Beau Wyatt Avatar
Temecula, CA, USA   USA
@tbest Lovely car Ted!! Enjoy!

1960healey Avatar
1960healey Larry Sanata
Delaware, OH, USA   USA
I changed the oil and oil filter in my 1967 MGB. I got a good deal on Valvoline VR1 20/50 from Amazon. I also was shocked to discover it was two years ago that I last changed the oil in this car. But It only covered a few hundred miles during that time, so I think I can be forgiven. I'm trying to get into the habit of changing the oil and filters annually in all my LBCs, regardless of mileage.

Larry Sanata
Publisher
North American Classic MG magazine

740-917-5759
classicmgmagazine@gmail.com
www.facebook.com/ClassicMGMagazine

Dragonfly4108 James Hardy
Apex, USA   USA
Painted my engine bay.

GMs MG Avatar
GMs MG Gold Member Gary Mackin
Sheridan, AR, USA   USA
1976 MG MGB "Blanche"
Very nice car Ted

In reply to # 3887045 by tbest Hi Everyone. Newbie here smiling smiley

Just picked up this sweet 79MGB previously owned by Steve Dieter from NC. Awesome car he has had for a long time (16+years). No rust, no major issues but still needing some TLC as Steve has been disabled for some time. I've been wanting a MGB since the 80's! Thank you so much Steve D. for giving me the opportunity to own one of these AWESOME classic cars smiling smiley

So, I started out with a complete suspension rebuild (bushings, tie rod ends, kingpin swivel assembly, shocks). I also bought new seat covers, cushions, and webbing for the seats. I was sitting in the floor of the car with the 40yr old originals. HUGH improvement in happy factor.

Next up, Im on the schedule to drop my car off at Flying Circus for a professional assessment as well as a new soft top install. The car came with a hardtop but the soft top was shot. The weather here in NC can change pretty rapidly so I want to make sure that when im out with the top down.....I have options when the thunder storm blows in smiling smiley They will also take care of the other critical bits...like fuel gage....turn signal. Spring has just arrived in NC 78 deg today in eastern NC!

This project has got to roll! I need some mental relief days with the top down!

Oh Yeah....the transmission grinds going in and out of 3rd gear.........So much to do....so little time!

Hope to see you guys out motoring to!
TB

Gary

GMsMG

w650gb500 Avatar
Dallas, PA, USA   USA
1963 Chevrolet Corvette
Well, it’s on the car but I don’t like the stainless hardware. I just ordered “black oxide” buttonhead stainless washers and screws, so the will all blend in much better. Now I need to find a grille.....

Dan Lipperini Jr

1978 MGB 3.5 Rover V-8
1989 Honda GB-500

Attachments:
E460845B-7209-43E2-9CFC-46D46D21D63A.jpeg    43.5 KB
E460845B-7209-43E2-9CFC-46D46D21D63A.jpeg

MG Logic Phil Pierce
Newtown, CT, USA   USA
In reply to # 3887195 by w650gb500 Well, it’s on the car but I don’t like the stainless hardware. I just ordered “black oxide” buttonhead stainless washers and screws, so the will all blend in much better. Now I need to find a grille.....

Looking good! I am about to do the same job - do you have any tips? Your fit looks correct.

NDCMGB Noah C
Madeira Beach, USA   USA
Popped my Drivers door window out of the window regulator. (Not intentionally). Went to roll up the window and the window jammed. Seems that the rear popped out of the channel guide. It jammed as it rolled up. I tried to work it back in but every thing I did made it worse until it popped out of the bottom channel of the regulator. Looks like the door panel is coming off tonight.

Soling2003 Avatar
Soling2003 Silver Member Gary M
Pahoa, HI, USA   USA
Ted, how the hell did you do all that in a garage so clean and uncluttered with MG parts?

gphackney Avatar
gphackney Silver Member Gregory Hackney
West Linn, OR, USA   USA
1969 MG MGB GT "FrankenGT"
1969 MG MGB GT "Betty"
In reply to # 3887606 by Soling2003 Ted, how the hell did you do all that in a garage so clean and uncluttered with MG parts?
He just got the car. Give him a chance.

w650gb500 Avatar
Dallas, PA, USA   USA
1963 Chevrolet Corvette
In reply to # 3887437 by MG Logic
In reply to # 3887195 by w650gb500 Well, it’s on the car but I don’t like the stainless hardware. I just ordered “black oxide” buttonhead stainless washers and screws, so the will all blend in much better. Now I need to find a grille.....

Looking good! I am about to do the same job - do you have any tips? Your fit looks correct.

I would love to give a full write-up on the install, but I purchased it used, so it was a pretty good fit to start with. I did some trimming around the sides, but it was damn near a bolt-on project. It is a Moss sourced valance if that helps, but if I didn’t find this one, I was all set to buy one from Dave Craddock at Preform Resources http://www.preformresources.com , as I’ve heard nothing but great things about their products and how well they fir. I will be purchasing their rear RB valance in a few weeks when I get back from FL and will post pictures and a write-up about installing it.

Dan Lipperini Jr

1978 MGB 3.5 Rover V-8
1989 Honda GB-500

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster