AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Gerald O Avatar
Gerald O Gerald O'Docharty
Wake Forest, North Carolina, USA   USA
1978 MG MGB
In reply to # 3889694 by V8MGBV8 Good idea for owners of British cars to know the proper name of the parts of the car. winking smiley
Because the names of horse-drawn carriage parts are so much more appropriate for automobiles...

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
33EJB Avatar
33EJB Tim C
LS, Eastern Ontario, Canada   CAN
1969 MG MGB
---

Attachments:
speed holes.jpg    51.5 KB
speed holes.jpg

riley1489 Avatar
riley1489 Gold Member Bruce H
Great White North, QC, Canada   CAN
1953 Jaguar XK120
1959 Riley 1.5 "King George"
1973 MG MGB
and why do you chaps continue to beat up on the OP? confused smiley

These terms are/should be common knowledge.
For the US of A americans a translation is even provided in some workshop manuals, simple to understand English to Yank lingo! winking smiley

B

Check your ego Amigo!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-11 01:11 PM by riley1489.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
BH_english vs Yank.JPG    18.8 KB
BH_english vs Yank.JPG

chris Avatar
chris Platinum Member Chris Roop
Pendleton, OR, USA   USA
In reply to # 3889802 by riley1489 and why do you chaps continue to beat up on the OP? confused smiley

These terms are/should be common knowledge.
For the US of A americans a translation is even provided in some workshop manuals, simple to understand English to Yank lingo! winking smiley

B

Correct me I'm wrong, but it was one of your fellow Canadians who had terminology problems, not a "US of A American".

Member Services:
Used English car parts.
riley1489 Avatar
1953 Jaguar XK120
1973 MG MGB
In reply to # 3889830 by chris Correct me I'm wrong, but it was one of your fellow Canadians who had terminology problems, not a "US of A American".

Yup you are spot on Christhumbs up

I can't cover the whole continent, grinning smiley
B.

Check your ego Amigo!

ingoldsb Avatar
ingoldsb Silver Member Terry Ingoldsby
Calgary, AB, Canada   CAN
1971 MG MGB
I once used the term "ragtop" and was told that was offensive! I had to explain that, for owners of British cars it was slang for the soft top!

Terry Ingoldsby
terry.ingoldsby@DCExperts.com

MGB567 Avatar
MGB567 Gold Member Barrie Braxton
Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia   AUS
1966 MG MGB MkI "Money Guzzler"
1979 MG MGB GT V8 Conversion "Darkside"
In reply to # 3889862 by riley1489
In reply to # 3889830 by chris Correct me I'm wrong, but it was one of your fellow Canadians who had terminology problems, not a "US of A American".

Yup you are spot on Christhumbs up

I can't cover the whole continent, grinning smiley
B.

That same Canadian said he was afraid of Oz language and so he should be, Firewall more common than bulkhead likewise dash rather than fascia. I guess we get the best (or worst) of both. tongue sticking out smiley

Convertible: CKD 11/66 first registered 8/5/67. Owned since 3/77. 90% original sheet metal. 18GB +40 balanced with almost all new internals. Peter Burgess big valve fast road head. Piper 285. Fidanza FW. Basil's followers and pushrods. TR7clutch. TT exhaust. ARP everywhere. 123 ign. Needham 4synchro c/r box.. Stock rebuilt/replaced suspension. Superpro bushes. New brakes all round including all pipes in SS flex. Interior redone. CAMS approved roll bar and side bars. Lots more. Hybrid of o/e and show/fast road car. Not for sale - it's my toy!

GT: UK car built/sold December '78. Stripped back to bare shell with VW Golf flared guards, flush fit front and rear valances with front guards immovable. Front and rear seams removed,Torana XU1 vents, frenched indicators front & Mk1 rear lights. Powered by 'worked' Rover 5 litre V8 (ex TVR Chimaera) with efi. T5 box. FC IFS. CCE rear attached to Salisbury axle with Quaife. All new interior with MrMikes covers on MX5 seats. Retro4 7x15 rims (zero offset) and 205/55 rubber. Colour: Jaguar Storm. Not for sale - it's my sanity!

V8MGBV8 Avatar
V8MGBV8 Carl Floyd
Kingsport, TN, USA   USA
In reply to # 3889884 by ingoldsb I once used the term "ragtop" and was told that was offensive! I had to explain that, for owners of British cars it was slang for the soft top!

Some are also offended by what the Brits call a cigarette. eye popping smiley

ohlord Avatar
ohlord Gold Member Rob C
North of Seattle, N.W., USA   USA
1957 Land Rover Series I "EYEYIYI"
1971 MG MGB
1971 MG MGB "Bedouin 2"
Or Shageye popping smiley
Gives a whole new meaning to the trendy 1970's Shag carpets

"I'm a long way gone down this wild road I'm on
It's gonna take me where I'm bound
It's a long way around"

"These are the days that must happen to you"

RD2 Radar/ Electronic Warfare Technician
Vietnam 1969-1972

Shaysdad Avatar
Shaysdad Richard Rothman
Saint Stephen, S.C., USA   USA
Can someone send me a web address as to where to buy those two plugs for the mgb. Thank you, Rich at luvhelis17@gmail.com

MGB567 Avatar
MGB567 Gold Member Barrie Braxton
Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia   AUS
1966 MG MGB MkI "Money Guzzler"
1979 MG MGB GT V8 Conversion "Darkside"
In reply to # 3890138 by Shaysdad Can someone send me a web address as to where to buy those two plugs for the mgb. Thank you, Rich at luvhelis17@gmail.com

Google doesn't work where you are? If not click here

Convertible: CKD 11/66 first registered 8/5/67. Owned since 3/77. 90% original sheet metal. 18GB +40 balanced with almost all new internals. Peter Burgess big valve fast road head. Piper 285. Fidanza FW. Basil's followers and pushrods. TR7clutch. TT exhaust. ARP everywhere. 123 ign. Needham 4synchro c/r box.. Stock rebuilt/replaced suspension. Superpro bushes. New brakes all round including all pipes in SS flex. Interior redone. CAMS approved roll bar and side bars. Lots more. Hybrid of o/e and show/fast road car. Not for sale - it's my toy!

GT: UK car built/sold December '78. Stripped back to bare shell with VW Golf flared guards, flush fit front and rear valances with front guards immovable. Front and rear seams removed,Torana XU1 vents, frenched indicators front & Mk1 rear lights. Powered by 'worked' Rover 5 litre V8 (ex TVR Chimaera) with efi. T5 box. FC IFS. CCE rear attached to Salisbury axle with Quaife. All new interior with MrMikes covers on MX5 seats. Retro4 7x15 rims (zero offset) and 205/55 rubber. Colour: Jaguar Storm. Not for sale - it's my sanity!

riley1489 Avatar
1953 Jaguar XK120
1973 MG MGB
In reply to # 3890138 by Shaysdad Can someone send me a web address as to where to buy those two plugs for the mgb. Thank you, Rich at luvhelis17@gmail.com

Welcome aboard

Learn to read teh complete thread. Post # 5 lets you know what to buy where to buy it etc.

B

Check your ego Amigo!

bencii Ben Colpitts
Mansfield, OH, USA   USA
1966 MG MGB
On this side of the pond you can order from a company in Michigan.

https://clarkandclarkinc.com/catalog/mgb

riley1489 Avatar
1953 Jaguar XK120
1973 MG MGB
In reply to # 3890310 by bencii On this side of the pond you can order from a company in Michigan.

https://clarkandclarkinc.com/catalog/mgb

I have never seen this at Robert site. Are you sure?

B

Check your ego Amigo!

bencii Ben Colpitts
Mansfield, OH, USA   USA
1966 MG MGB
Right you are Bruce. For some reason I was thinking of the shoulder seat belt release button . The roadster factory carries them though.

http://trf.zeni.net/MGB-GC/175.php

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster