Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Spitz Avatar
Spitz Matthew T
PA, SK, Canada   CAN
Is it street legal with no bumpers, wipers or front indicators?

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
jacko241 Avatar
jacko241 Gold Member Joe Jacalone
Saint Augustine, FL, USA   USA
It is in Florida. smoking smiley

Member Services:
Jacalone & Sons has over 40 years experience servicing MG, Triumph, and Austin-Healey. Moss Motors dealer.
bwainscott Bill Wainscott
Cedar Knolls, NJ, USA   USA
1972 MG MGB
One of my first quick rides in the B, playing with the GoPro camera and software at the same time.
The trees hadn't hit their peak color yet, I'm working on another video for a ride where I tried to capture that.

- bill

(First post in this great forum!)

1972 MGB

Michael74MGB Avatar
Michael74MGB Michael Austin
Odessa, TX, USA   USA
1974 MG MGB MkIII "Maggy"
Finally made it to a local Cars & Coffee this morning...

74 MGB: APT VP11 cam, lifters, valve springs; 9:1; ported head; TT exhaust; vernier timing gear; wizard aluminum radiator; dizzy by Jeff S.; stock HIF4's; it goes on and on.....

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
MGB @ C&C.jpg    46.1 KB
MGB @ C&C.jpg

BumbleB74 Avatar
BumbleB74 William Milholen
Tidewater, Tidewater VA, USA   USA
Michael - glad to see you posting again! Great looking car as always! Been doing any more good videos??

1974-1/2 Roadster, "Bumble Bee", Corvette Yellow - in shambles, wire wheels
1976 Roadster, "Virus", Sandglow - "driver" condition (stock + 32/36 Weber DGEV, cast iron header, 25D distributor), bolt on wheels, ON the road!

mrblimp Avatar
mrblimp Louis Mauriello
Woodmere, NY, USA   USA
Took my '70 for a drive through all the country like roads in my neighborhood, and, yes, out onto a golf course. SEE THE PICTURES BELOW

1970 MGB
3rd owner (me) 12/2015 - present
2nd owner (dealer owned) 1978 to 12/2015
1st owner (privately owned) 1970 - 1978

1969 Triumph Spitfire Mk3
July 1968 build
Number of owners undeterminable
I have in my possession paperwork that shows there are at least 3 other owners but only 1 had it on the road

1978 FIAT 124 Spider
February 1978 build
Number of owners undeterminable
I have in my possession paperwork that shows I am the second owner since it was last registered

1992 Mustang LX
Fox Body - Convertible
3rd owner (me) 5/2015 - present
2nd owner (privately owned) my buddy's brother's daughter
1st owner (privately owned) the wife of the owner (guy I went to high school with) of the local home heating oil delivery company

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-13 09:20 PM by mrblimp.

Attachments:
small IMG_7537 small.jpg    16.1 KB
small IMG_7537 small.jpg

small IMG_7544 small.jpg    18.4 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
huskyhauler Avatar
huskyhauler Jon MGBGT
Seattle, WA, USA   USA
Some photos of our trip to Ireland. We rented a steel dash MGB from Retro Ventures. 300 miles of country road, twisty, mountain pass, coastal road driving in one day! Highly recommended.

Driving to the start of Connor's Pass:

Driving up Connor's Pass:

Driving down Connor's Pass:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-27 01:48 PM by huskyhauler.

Lincspeed Avatar
Lincspeed Silver Member Clark Lincoln
Dexter, MI, USA   USA
1972 MG MGB GT "Greenmeanie"
Very cool. Did you pick up any hedge row scratches? So how is the cost to rent a vintage B compared to a regular (non sport) car? What’s the name of the company?

huskyhauler Avatar
huskyhauler Jon MGBGT
Seattle, WA, USA   USA
No hedgerow scratches. I touch of luck, I suppose, since there were some pretty close calls on the narrow country roads. Coming around a blind corner, see a pedestrian and an oncoming car, you have to make the split decision to slam on the brakes or accelerate and pass before the other car gets to you.

The price is was more than a basic, economy rental car, but on par with higher end cars. It came with full insurance so nothing to worry about. There's a straight-forward rental rate on the company's website. No hidden tricks or fees. It's literally a mom and pop operation. They rent the cars from their garage at their home. They also have a shop in Adere where they rent motorcycles, scooters, and bicycles. They were a very friendly couple. All of the vehicles were very clean and well maintained.

Their website is https://www.retroventuresireland.com/

jmot Avatar
jmot Gold Member john motycka
coventry, ct, USA   USA
Just another day on the Links.

Attachments:
image004.jpg    21.3 KB
image004.jpg

Fulhamboy Dave Cummings
Bridgwater, UK   GBR
Hi guys, just joined the forum, this is my 1967 mk1 in Grampian Grey, I absolutely love it

Dave

Attachments:
820DBFCF-E040-42FC-B607-8F5189B99431.jpeg    55.6 KB
820DBFCF-E040-42FC-B607-8F5189B99431.jpeg

Bizkit86 Yuri Figini
Lomazzo, CO, Italy   ITA
1977 MG MGB
Really cool! Nice pictures and videos!

And on that roads is helpful to have a thin car (just think if you had to pass that Jeep Grand Cherokee in another Grand Cherokee!).

Did you like the B on that roads?!

In reply to # 3849454 by huskyhauler Some photos of our trip to Ireland. We rented a steel dash MGB from Retro Ventures. 300 miles of country road, twisty, mountain pass, coastal road driving in one day! Highly recommended.

Driving to the start of Connor's Pass:

Driving up Connor's Pass:

Driving down Connor's Pass:

rockitdoc Avatar
rockitdoc Gold Member Scott S
Fort Collins, CO, USA   USA
1966 MG MGB
Some before and afters of my 5 speed swap.

Attachments:
Engine Bay sans Engine.jpg    48.7 KB
Engine Bay sans Engine.jpg

Engine Bay Ready for Blasting.jpeg    42.2 KB
Engine Compartment Ready for More.JPG    41.3 KB
Radiator and fan.JPG    59.9 KB
huskyhauler Avatar
huskyhauler Jon MGBGT
Seattle, WA, USA   USA
The B on those old roads was fantastic. The one we rented was in really good shape so it took the mountain passes and rough roads in stride. Having a narrow car was indeed a bonus. It was the highlight of our trip to Ireland/Scotland. The folks we rented the B from were a local couple with a local shop. The whole experience was fantastic.

rockitdoc Avatar
rockitdoc Gold Member Scott S
Fort Collins, CO, USA   USA
1966 MG MGB
To those that haven't been following the 5 Speed Swap thread, here's a pic of the engine bay after painting but before installing all the 'stuff'. Notice the little divot in the firewall SW of where the steering column comes through? That's the only modification needed to the firewall to get the 280ZX box to fit a 3 synchro B.

Can't wait to get her on the road again. smiling bouncing smiley

Attachments:
Engine Bay Painted BRG.jpg    39.1 KB
Engine Bay Painted BRG.jpg

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster