Visit our Twitter feed for more great content
MGExp

MGB & GT Forum

Retrofit my 1963 MGB stowaway top and frame.

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

wrightgcbuilder Avatar
wrightgcbuilder Dan Wright
North Platte, NE, USA   USA
When I bought my 66B it had a folding top. Can't remember which one. There are two styles of those. One has a scissor type affair right at you temple. In a side collision I think you're either dead, or would have serious brain injury. Anyway, you should be able to find a used frame pretty cheaply, as most people I know prefer a packaway. I'm one of those that reverted to the packaway.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
jimathome Avatar
jimathome Jim Walton
Columbus, GA, USA   USA
Thanks Chris, I like my hardtop also but at 77 years old it is really difficult to put on. I am concidering selling it to fund the soft top. I just can not handle the hard to anylonger.

Jim

jimathome Avatar
jimathome Jim Walton
Columbus, GA, USA   USA
Charles, I will let you know if I seel the frame.

Jim

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Mustangsix Avatar
Mustangsix Gold Member Jack Collins
Orlando, FL, USA   USA
Your Search Fu is more powerful than mine, Master. Perhaps someday I, too, will know everything after I search it all.

In reply to # 3888224 by JohnyMc Then you should, as suggested do a search first to familiarize yourself with what is required rather than expect Moss to know everything about it.

Wouldn't that be prudent?

Member Services:
Ceres Motorsports specializes in the repair, restoration, and customization of classic British cars including MG, Triumph, and many other makes.
JohnyMc Avatar
JohnyMc John McFarlane
Mossman, Queensland, Australia   AUS
Ah what a tosser you be mustang2andahalf.
And a troll. Is it an american thing?

So a suggestion to search the archives to make the acquaintance of all things canopy thus assisting in making an informed decision makes me a know all? You're so sad.

I would rather learn to fish, thus enabling me to feed myself for life, than hope someone throws me a fish sometimes. But hey....that's just me. Enlightened.

Semi retired Auto Electrician with over 44 years experience. Specializing in pre 1975 car electrical systems. Trained on early Lucas, Bosch and Magnetti Marelli systems.
Australian Auto Electrician actively rebuilding and calibrating early Lucas and Delco Remy 1/2/3 bobbin regulators, Lucas generators/alternators (including 3rd brush and generator/starters) and magnetos. Large supply of original Lucas 1960 and 1970's parts to suit British cars (assembled and/or exported).

Available for guidance/assistance via email.

But be warned......I'm an grumpy old fart. I take no shit from people too lazy to do a preliminary search of the forum.
Nor do I appreciate wasting time providing suggestions towards a solution to then have you ignore them because you have to do some investigative work, in favour of a possible solution from a friend of a friend of a friend who once upon a time was a gardener with a shifting spanner and a set of pliers and somehow fixed their glowing ignition lamp with a piece of surgical tape, speck of moon dust and a rusty razor blade.

You get my drift?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-09 08:53 PM by JohnyMc.

Mustangsix Avatar
Mustangsix Gold Member Jack Collins
Orlando, FL, USA   USA
I have taught others to fish, shoot, and survive. I didn't just tell them to search for a how-to-fish on the internet. The answers are not all there.

Member Services:
Ceres Motorsports specializes in the repair, restoration, and customization of classic British cars including MG, Triumph, and many other makes.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster