AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Bearcaaat Avatar
Bearcaaat Gold Member Bob C
Katy, TX, USA   USA
1959 MG MGA 1500
1972 MG MGB "Miss Tiffany"
I also give a thumbs up to Prestige. One of the things I liked about them was the ability to totally customize my design. They worked with me to get exactly what I wanted in color and materials. I did a total interior, new soft top and tonneau cover.

Bob

1972 MGB Roadster, Aqua w/ Cream Soft Top, White Hard Top and Classic Cream & Tan Interior
2005 Mini Cooper Convertable, Hot Orange Metallic, Dark Blue Soft Top and Black Interior
2015 Mini Cooper Roadster, Red Metallic, Black Soft Top, Toffee Interior

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
image.jpeg    56.2 KB
image.jpeg

image.jpeg    49.9 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
trowe9 Avatar
trowe9 Gold Member Tracy Rowe
Baxter Springs, KS, USA   USA
Hi Bob,
Very nice MGB, thank you for sharing. The interior is very nice!

tahoe36c Avatar
tahoe36c Paul Hruza
Panama City, FL, USA   USA
1969 MG MGC GT "Little Red Rocket..."
1972 MG MGB GT "Tiny Dancer"
2002 Harley-Davidson Dyna
You can purchase an nice hide for between $200 and $300 and make all of the panels yourself, vs paying $1000... Seats are a different story of course, but you can still un-stitch the original covers, trace them out on the leather, then have your local upholsterer sew them up. Once again saving a bunch of cash. It just depends on how much labor you want to do yourself.

I purchased the center console leather cover from Mirror Trim (they normally sell the entire console already covered but will sell the cover independently if asked to do so) and installed it myself as well. I also covered the additional gauge holder and the new style map holder (not shown here).

Take this advise from a guy who did all of his own interior in leather (minus the seats because they are 2008 Miata leather but I did my Harley seat just two weeks ago). I even did my headliner in leather...

Let me know if you decide to take this on. I have a very good source for nice leather at reasonable prices. Not one of the larger retailers who will want $500 or more for the same quality hide...

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
Door Panel 03.JPG    41.6 KB
Door Panel 03.JPG

P1010877.JPG    19 KB
Headliner 17.JPG    38.7 KB
P1010669.JPG    51.3 KB
Denis Avatar
Denis Denis Hill
Bearii, Nth Victoria, Australia   AUS
I used Mirror Trim for my door cards, carpets etc all except the seats. They were expensive , the packaging was terrible for a trip to AUS, some bits were even falling out and appearance just fair with several faults mainly in the carpet edging. I had the seats done by a small local show and to me they make the rest look cheap. The end result looks OK but I was a bit disappointed. Denis

68 B roadster, Daffodil yellow, supercharger, Burgess SC head, SC cam, Mikuni HSR 48 carburetor and engine built for supercharging.

73 BGT V8 conversion starting with a bare shell. Built the engine "3.9L Rover" early in 2016 with high comp pistons and a few other nice bits, plus a T5 ford trans. Started on the body late 2016 and complete late 2017, Did all the work myself, mechanical, body. paint etc.
Finished and going well, great to drive and quick. Now has a nice 3.23 LSD.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster