The all-new Front Page News Feed is now live   Read the announcement
MGExp

MGB & GT Forum

NAMGBR Vistors: Michigan Turnarounds and other fun facts.

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

BFC Avatar
BFC Ben Clark
Allegan, MI, USA   USA
1980 MG MGB "Kilr B"
1980 MG MGB MkIV
Not my bubble, Eric. I have wondered the same thing. I suppose the statistics for accidents at an intersection look a lot better if you move the accident nexus a few hundred feet up the road!

I don't know. It's always smoked like that/made that sound/done that.

. Hide this ad & support a small business by becoming a Gold Supporting Member
Was this post helpful or interesting?
Yes No Thank
albeegreen1 Avatar
albeegreen1 Gold Member bob tresch
bordentown, NJ, USA   USA
1972 MG MGB MkIII "ALBERT"
I work for NJDOT. They have used them for decades in our most populated state in the nation. Statistically they are targeted for high traffic areas. They do prevent getting rear ended at high speeds. My state designed alot of transportation systems since we first started The National Highway system under President Truman. Sounds like Michgan has some growth progress in populated areas. Take the B. "Out in the country" ( Three Dog Night )

"Only those who have patience to do simple things perfectly ever acquire the skill to do difficult things easily".

- James Corbett.

Yes No Thank
LaVerne Avatar
LaVerne LaVerne Downey
Fruita, CO, USA   USA
1954 MG TF "Green Hornet"
1969 MG MGB
1979 Triumph TR8 "Wedgie"
I'm pretty sure a good deal of these traffic engineers didn't graduate anywhere near the top of their class.

Yes No Thank
albeegreen1 Avatar
albeegreen1 Gold Member bob tresch
bordentown, NJ, USA   USA
1972 MG MGB MkIII "ALBERT"
Perhaps flying MGB's?

"Only those who have patience to do simple things perfectly ever acquire the skill to do difficult things easily".

- James Corbett.

Yes No Thank
Mark Jones Avatar
Close to Sarnia, ON, Canada   CAN
In reply to # 3907269 by BFC I know it is a little bit early to start a thread on MG 2019 but ...

Ben, It's never too early to talk about MG2019, it's just over 3 months away.

Canadian Modern MG Rover Car Club - www.cmmgrcc.com

MOWOG Garage serving the needs of all Post Abingdon MG owners in Lambton Co. since 2011.

Yes No Thank
BFC Avatar
BFC Ben Clark
Allegan, MI, USA   USA
1980 MG MGB "Kilr B"
1980 MG MGB MkIV
In reply to # 3907465 by Mark Jones
In reply to # 3907269 by BFC I know it is a little bit early to start a thread on MG 2019 but ...

Ben, It's never too early to talk about MG2019, it's just over 3 months away.

I'm worried if I talk about it, I'll jinx it. LOL.

This week the snow finally melted here in frigid West Michigan and I can finally work in the garage. I have to pull my engine and transmission and swap out at least the transmission. Plus a myriad of little things to get sorted before I can get on the road to Traverse City.

Yes No Thank
blue64 Avatar
blue64 Paul Hanley
Eastern Chesapeake Bay, MD, USA   USA
1.) If Michigan legalized recreational cannabis, why would one need a "medical card"?
2.) Is a "medical card" from another state valid in Michigan?

Asking for a friend...I think. What was the topic?

Yes No Thank
Skyjump Avatar
Skyjump Wil Q
Henniker, NH, USA   USA
1980 MG MGB
In New Hampshire we have Jughandles for left turns https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jughandle seems safer to me but still a PITA

Yes No Thank
BFC Avatar
BFC Ben Clark
Allegan, MI, USA   USA
1980 MG MGB "Kilr B"
1980 MG MGB MkIV
In reply to # 3907545 by blue64 1.) If Michigan legalized recreational cannabis, why would one need a "medical card"?
2.) Is a "medical card" from another state valid in Michigan?

Asking for a friend...I think. What was the topic?

Medical marijuana has been legal for several years in Michigan, but they just approved recreational pot last November. The new law stated that possession was decriminalized immediately, but that the state had a year to set up a framework for recreational sales. The medical dispensaries are unaffected and function as before, so... you can buy it if you have a medical card, but not just for fun.

And it has to be a Michigan medical card. Your, uh, friend, is probably out of luck.

+1 Yes No Thank
mgcyclo Avatar
mgcyclo Tim Rich
Township of Washinghton, NJ, USA   USA
Obviously you’ve never experienced a Jersey “jug handle”....

Yes No Thank
BFC Avatar
BFC Ben Clark
Allegan, MI, USA   USA
1980 MG MGB "Kilr B"
1980 MG MGB MkIV
A “Jersey jug handle” sounds like something that the mob would do to you or that Robert Kraft would pay for.

Yes No Thank
twentyover Avatar
twentyover Greg Fast
Lives in SoCal, Resides in the Burbs of Detroit MI, USA   USA
Can't be any weirder than a right hand turn in Melbourne Australia

https://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/safety-and-road-rules/road-rules/a-to-z-of-road-rules/turning

To turn right, get in the left hand lane. Pull into the intersection in front of the cars approaching perpendicular to your direction. Wait until the light turns green for the cars pointing at your LH side door, then turn right to cross oncoming (hopefully now stopped) traffic.

Beets the option of getting run down by a trolley car running in the center of the road. But totally wierd for a boy used to drivng in SoCal

Yes No Thank
little G Avatar
little G Charlie T
queensland, QLD, Australia   AUS
1964 MG MGB "Little G"
Yep...that one causes a lot of grief for visitors to Australia ...hell it even does for people from other states ...lololol....Imagine if you will , in the states , turning left from the right hand lane across the face of the traffic going in the same direction as you !!..and then trying to beat the traffic of the other 2 lanes going in the opposite direction .......the added problem with it also is that if you have someone at the front who can't read the traffic or is in-attentive , only 2 cars will make it and the third or any more are left doing battle with the traffic on their left ...it has also been the cause of some bad accidents with a car going in the same direction as them but straight through the intersection racing the red light ....generally straight into your drivers door ...and the trams coming at you will also make you pay the price ...at times seemingly on purpose !....bad idea but obviously to stop traffic impeding the movement of the trams on the same street as you .....I park on the outskirts now if in Melbourne and tram it in and walk around ....it turns out to be quicker and less stressful and more pleasant ...I feel for visitors , especially overseas visitors in this scenario because generally there seems to be no tolerance or understanding of their confusion ....even if they are Aussies with out of state plates !.....

In reply to # 3909377 by twentyover Can't be any weirder than a right hand turn in Melbourne Australia

https://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/safety-and-road-rules/road-rules/a-to-z-of-road-rules/turning

To turn right, get in the left hand lane. Pull into the intersection in front of the cars approaching perpendicular to your direction. Wait until the light turns green for the cars pointing at your LH side door, then turn right to cross oncoming (hopefully now stopped) traffic.

Beets the option of getting run down by a trolley car running in the center of the road. But totally wierd for a boy used to drivng in SoCal

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-15 07:25 PM by little G.

Yes No Thank

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster