The all-new Front Page News Feed is now live   Read the announcement
MGExp

MGB & GT Forum

If you felt like selling your B, what would be your price?

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

danthefitman Avatar
danthefitman Dan The Fitman
Portland, OR, USA   USA
1979 MG MGB MkIII "Simply, A Great B!"
Glenn,

You've done a splendid job of maintaining your cool GT, wish it was mine!

In reply to # 3906604 by mgv8glen I bought my 74.5 GT in the fall of 82 when she had 63,000 miles on her ($2,300) In the fall of 83 I put the V8 in @ 103,000 miles. To day she has 711,335 miles on her & when I am DEAD you can buy her for the price of the funeral, that is the only way I will sell her, is AFTER I AM DEAD!!!

1st Place Winner ABFM Portland Oregon 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016!
Email me for questions or needs, I'll respond promptly! dan@allpointsorganized.com
Life. Positively in order.

. Hide this ad & support a small business by becoming a Gold Supporting Member
Was this post helpful or interesting?
Yes No Thank
danthefitman Avatar
danthefitman Dan The Fitman
Portland, OR, USA   USA
1979 MG MGB MkIII "Simply, A Great B!"
Morning Keith,

Took a look at your B on your page. I really like how you've done your engine & bay, looks great! All the upgrades are cool too. We'll keep'm on the road. And NO, I won't sell mine. She's my metal baby!

Guys that do, always regret it.

In reply to # 3907173 by lewk You have a great looking and running car Dan, and yes more than mine, but as I said, I won't sell mine and I hope you don't sell yours.

In reply to # 3906487 by danthefitman Yo Keith,

In that area, but a might bit higher.

My car is an original Overdrive as well. If guys remember, back in 2010 I polished the reverse teeth (before installation) on the side access plate, in the OD gearbox with a Dremel. It sure shifts into reverse like butter now. I got the overdrive from a 77 B, I did a gearbox swap. When I met John Twist, back in 2012 here in Oregon, he told me my engine number correlated with the Blue label overdrive that I installed. Someone took the overdrive out of my B many years ago and put in a 69, 4 speed. So now she's the way she should be. Love my MGB!

In reply to # 3905441 by lewk How about you Dan, what would your price be? I'd say $10,000.00 CDN for mine, but I won't sell.

1st Place Winner ABFM Portland Oregon 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016!
Email me for questions or needs, I'll respond promptly! dan@allpointsorganized.com
Life. Positively in order.

Yes No Thank
greenrman Gold Member Don B
Kelowna, BC, Canada   CAN
1973 MG MGB "Oscar"
2005 BMW 3 Series Cabriolet "Sabrina"
Wayne Sanders said this very well, in his post # 5, under Brit-Tek is no more".... thread title :

"We're going to be down to one or two suppliers soon. It seems to me like the "thrill" of the MGB is not passing down the generations.

Younger folks (for the most part) are not interested in cold, drafty, damp cars. I can relate to that. I'm just not interested in boring cars.

As our local area club gets older, I see lots of great cars being offered for sale. But not a whole lot of takers. Which means prices are in the toilet.

Whomever lives the longest may end up owning ALL the MG's in the world! "

Sentences 1, 2 & 3...hmmm. downer, but quite possibly be true. Not been following prices (not that this is really important to me, but-) , if this is the case with the older vintages like Packards, Model A's, T's, Studebakers, etc...then, this is concerning for the future MG hobby.

Guess I'll be buried in my BMW or MG, if my nephews don't want'em in my will.

Yes No Thank

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster