AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

JoeReed Avatar
JoeReed Gold Member Joe Reed
Cordova, TN, USA   USA
1978 MG MGB "Kermit"
I like it both ways as far as the door caps. I didn't like the door pulls and aftermarket speaker grills in black though. It took a while, but I eventually got some good, original Autumn Leaf door pulls. Using the Autumn Leaf vinyl paint from VB, I painted the speaker grills. I also painted the door seals with that same product (mine were in good shape, but were the Beige color that was original for 1978). Now it all matches....

That paint has held up very well. If needed, I think it would also hold up well on the door pulls since good Autumn Leaf pulls are almost impossible to find.

Maybe you could find vinyl paint that matches the Honey Tan??

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Soling2003 Avatar
Soling2003 Silver Member Gary M
Pahoa, HI, USA   USA
I just found a picture of a b with what I was looking for and it looks great. I think with the honey tan that it is light enough to look really good with the black.

So I’m ready for the interior now, finally. Really looking forward to getting this girl back on the road!

Gary

tbest Avatar
tbest Ted Best
Clinton, NC, USA   USA
I believe I have the scheme you mentioned. Black interior. Wood highlights. Harvest leaf seats.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
5B17A892-3748-4F97-9F61-8DEE515EC175.jpeg    57.3 KB
5B17A892-3748-4F97-9F61-8DEE515EC175.jpeg

19A353BB-D885-4D81-A65D-0CD31DCB5C16.jpeg    61.5 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
Soling2003 Avatar
Pahoa, HI, USA   USA
Thanks for the pics Ted. Looks nice. I was really looking for tan or autumn leaf with just the black accents, like door arm rests and caps, but that is nice too.

riley1489 Avatar
riley1489 Gold Member Bruce H
Great White North, QC, Canada   CAN
1953 Jaguar XK120
1959 Riley 1.5 "King George"
1973 MG MGB
You may consider to cap the doors in the Autumn Leaf colour and re wrap the rear cockpit surround with Autumn Leaf vinyl.

B

Check your ego Amigo!

lewk Avatar
lewk Silver Member Keith Lewis
Cambridge, ON, Canada   CAN
When the autumn leaf door toppers became worn out on my '75, I chose to recover them with black vinyl from the local fabric store. I then changed out the door hardware (arm rests and window winders) to these billet alloy items. I quite like the look as it ties in with the dash vinyl and the rear surround vinyl. Also is a nice look as there are other black features in the interior.

Attachments:
IMG_3568 (2).JPG    44 KB
IMG_3568 (2).JPG

IMG_3599.JPG    52.3 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
Soling2003 Avatar
Pahoa, HI, USA   USA
Thanks Keith, that is pretty much what I was looking for. I think I’ll do the same, but changed my mind to a lighter color, honey tan.

Gary

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster