Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Soling2003 Avatar
Soling2003 Silver Member Gary M
Pahoa, HI, USA   USA
So i have the autumn leave interior kit to install. I do want some contrast though. It’s a 69 with he pillow dash, now red instead of the yellow, back to original.

I have black arm rests for the doors. I was going to make a wood center consol and I have a newer black consol arm rest to put on the top. Not sure if I am going to cover it in autumn leaf vinyl or stain and finish it.

So the big question is, has anyone used black door caps and black cockpit surround with the autumn leaf interior? I can make those two either black or autumn leaf. I know that it is my car and I can do how I like, but I’d like to see pictures possibly first before deciding which I like best. Leaning towards black so it is a complete surround from dash to door cap to rear surround and back. Just not sure, and it is about time to do at least the rear cockpit surround any day now.

Thanks everyone,

Gary

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
DrewM Avatar
DrewM Drew Maddock
74 MGB roadster, Southern California, USA   USA
I've seen black with autumn leaf on a couple of cars. It can look good, but I'm not sure black armrests right in the middle of autumn leaf doors looks so good. The black does look good when it "trims" the car like above the doors, as cockpit surround, or as a center console, that sort of thing. Too many different colors in too many places stuck on there starts to look strange real fast. Or do the whole interior in black. That would contrast nicely with the red exterior.

Drew Maddock, So. Calif. USofA

ohlord Avatar
ohlord Gold Member Rob C
North of Seattle, N.W., USA   USA
1957 Land Rover Series I "EYEYIYI"
1971 MG MGB
1971 MG MGB "Bedouin 2"
I've got polished metal door pulls
One on this page has Autumn Leaf

https://www.mgexp.com/forum/mgb-and-gt-forum.1/what-interior-color-for-bedouin-car.2859033.2859033/#msg-2859033

"I'm a long way gone down this wild road I'm on
It's gonna take me where I'm bound
It's a long way around"

"These are the days that must happen to you"

RD2 Radar/ Electronic Warfare Technician
Vietnam 1969-1972

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Soling2003 Avatar
Pahoa, HI, USA   USA
Thanks Rob, but I have seen plenty of pics of honey tan and autumn leaf interiors. The question is to the black door caps and rear surround with that color interior.

Gary

ohlord Avatar
ohlord Gold Member Rob C
1971 MG MGB
1971 MG MGB "Bedouin 2"
I've got polished wood.
I like the Autumn leaf caps too

It's a long way around"

Vietnam 1969-1972

Soling2003 Avatar
Pahoa, HI, USA   USA
Rob, thinking about the wood door caps too. I have three pairs to choose from, so will check and see if any are nice enough. Been working on everything else for the last few years, not it is finally time to get the interior done.

How is the snow there? I hear you are expected to get some more in the next few days. My daughter has about 6” on Queen Ann in seattle.

Gary

ohlord Avatar
ohlord Gold Member Rob C
1971 MG MGB
1971 MG MGB "Bedouin 2"
Shaw Island almost blew away yesterday eye popping smiley
Snow today but not nearly what they've got on the mainland

Windthumbs up

In reply to # 3889523 by Soling2003 Rob, thinking about the wood door caps too. I have three pairs to choose from, so will check and see if any are nice enough. Been working on everything else for the last few years, not it is finally time to get the interior done.

How is the snow there? I hear you are expected to get some more in the next few days. My daughter has about 6” on Queen Ann in seattle.

Gary

It's a long way around"

Vietnam 1969-1972

mgv8glen Avatar
mgv8glen Gold Member Glenn Towery
Dover, DE, USA   USA
Gary, years ago I had some real good finished wood door caps, looked GREAT! but my arm HURT for the padded caps after a short drive, wood is hard & I sold them. As for the black, it is HOT! & you in sunny Hi.????? I have A/L in all my MGs & the black that I took out, goes in a car that I sell. FWIW

Markp61 Avatar
Markp61 Silver Member Mark Pasquill
MARION, MA, USA   USA
I have autumn leaf in my GT. I suppose I went the opposite. For me there was too much black. WTH the dash, armrest and radio consol.

I changed the arm rest to match the AL, and re wrapped the radio consul with AL vinyl.

I did try the black door caps but personally just looked a little too much black.

Attachments:
FEFF1DE3-EBF4-4A0B-BE37-4496DC9A59D5.jpeg    33.7 KB
FEFF1DE3-EBF4-4A0B-BE37-4496DC9A59D5.jpeg

B8322233-5B45-4BE0-A9B4-A2EDCF26F697.jpeg    54.3 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
Lotus Avatar
Lotus Silver Member Roy Hodgson
Villeneuve, VD, Switzerland   CHE
1974 MG MGB "Butterscotch"
When I ordered my new Autumn Leaf seat covers the fellow asked if I wanted the piping in a different colour. I asked his advise but did say I did not want my car looking like a pimp-mobile. He laughed and said "Yeah, the only orders we get for contrasting piping are from Americans."

We have two lives. The second one starts when you realize you only have one.

Soling2003 Avatar
Pahoa, HI, USA   USA
We have plenty of wind here too. Some power outages. Our biggest mountain at over 14,000 ft had 191 mph gusts last night. Though it is just a tad warmer here.........

Soling2003 Avatar
Pahoa, HI, USA   USA
Glenn, any pictures with the black in it?

Decisions dicisions

Soling2003 Avatar
Pahoa, HI, USA   USA
That looks good too.

JoeReed Avatar
JoeReed Gold Member Joe Reed
Cordova, TN, USA   USA
1978 MG MGB "Kermit"
When I bought my car (2001) it had black door caps and door pulls (armrests). I eventually sourced those parts in Autumn Leaf and changed them out. Here's a couple of pics with the black parts. Sorry about the poor quality of the pics....best I could do in 2001 with my first digital camera (Sony FD)....

Attachments:
JGR2.JPG    33.8 KB
JGR2.JPG

JGR3.JPG    39.4 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
Soling2003 Avatar
Pahoa, HI, USA   USA
Thanks joe. I like that. And I am going to change and go lighter with honey tan also. I’m afraid that having the door caps honey tan tat they would get dirty too easily. Besides, if I don’t like it that is an easy change. Only the rear cockpit surround is more time consuming.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster