AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

TC108 Avatar
TC108 Aroon S
Durban, South Africa   ZAF
Greetings Everyone,
Perhaps a question for some of the more informed guys.
I received this manifold together with some MGA parts that I bought. It mates perfectly onto the MGA/MGB cylinder head.
Does anybody perhaps know which car this comes from?
I did an internet search without much luck. Someone guessed maybe Austin but didn't know for sure.
Thanks in advance.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
BMC Manifold 1.jpg    35.2 KB
BMC Manifold 1.jpg

BMC Manifold 2.jpg    35.9 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
wally Ian Cowen
Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia   AUS
An Austin 1800 --CRAB- used these.
A single 1 3/4" S U --
These are great to use as a pattern while making your own Induction/Exhaust Engine Gaskes.
Don`t we all make our own gaskets? [but not head gaskets ]
Its a heavy lump---but don`t throw it away---its very usefull---I have 3 under my bench!

The rear window plaque on the 1972 series Austin 1800 crabs said---"Were travelling first class!"

Others said--"We are floating on fluid!"

BMC Imagination!!

TC108 Avatar
TC108 Aroon S
Durban, South Africa   ZAF
Many Thanks for the response Wally.
Not many of those cars have survived here in South Africa.
thumbs up

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Decatur, IL, USA   USA
This is the manifold that was on my 76 MGB (built 9/75) with a Zenith carb when I bought it. The prior owner claimed she had owned it since new & it was original. Given some other things I found I have my doubts about the car's originality, but the price was right. I originally suspected this was the easiest way to get rid of the catalytic converter, but these Austin manifolds are pretty rare in the US. It would have been easier to put manifolds off an older car on it.

Gary E Avatar
Gary E Silver Member Gary Edwards
Kernersville, NC, USA   USA
MGB owners like them for converting to one carb. Usually a 1 3/4" SU HS6.

Gary

Hammer: Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a kind of divining rod to locate expensive car parts not far from the object we are trying to hit.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster