AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Aridgerunner Avatar
Aridgerunner Silver Member Bill Bussler
Montoursville, PA, USA   USA
1956 MG MGA 1500 "The A"
1959 Triumph TR3A "The Mistress"
In reply to # 3881430 by MuskokaMKII
I have to think that what would be a stone chip in laminated glass would end up being a pile of glass pebbles in your lap and a hurricane blowing in your face.

I saw that happen when I was living in the UK. A guy was passing me and something hit his windshield. The thing just exploded and I even had chips flying over my car. I bet he needed new underwear!

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
GeorgeOhr Nonya Business
Yes, confused, USA   USA
If the scratch disappears when it’s wet then I would try to find something to “clear” it with like sodium silicate or maybe wax it. Rain X may work too so I’d try that first. Whatever you do, clean the glass with something strong like acetone b/w attempts to get all of the old whatever off.

Be careful of your paint!!!

wyatt Avatar
wyatt Silver Member Wyatt W
penguin point, drift ice, Antarctica   ATA
...sorry George but keep acetone as far away from your paint as possible...but I agree some kind of clear may fill the voids,but which one?

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster