Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

mg1622 Avatar
mg1622 Terry Armitage
Sundre, AB, Canada   CAN
got the other floor fitted still no rust or rot in the frame or floor rails. Removed fuel tank for a look.OH OH !!. Terry

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
DSCN4818.JPG    46.2 KB
DSCN4818.JPG

DSCN4819.JPG    35.9 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
DSCN4820.JPG    54.3 KB
DSCN4821.JPG    50.4 KB
ohmite Avatar
ohmite Eric O
Wilson, NY, USA   USA
In reply to # 3803362 by mg1622 got the other floor fitted still no rust or rot in the frame or floor rails. Removed fuel tank for a look.OH OH !!. Terry

Terry,
That tank looks pretty bad. Fortunately new ones are fairly reasonably priced and available so not the end of the world. The frame and floor looks great!
Regards,
Eric

ghnl Avatar
ghnl Silver Member Eric Russell
Mebane, NC, USA   USA
1961 MG MGA "Calvin"
JB Weld? https://www.amazon.com/J-B-Weld-8217-TankWeld-Repair/dp/B00R2CDUWE

Eric Russell ~ Mebane, NC
1961 MGA #61, 1981 Alfa Romeo GTV6, 1984 Alfa Romeo Spider, 1991 Honda ST1100

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
mg1622 Avatar
mg1622 Terry Armitage
Sundre, AB, Canada   CAN
gorilla glue.!! Terry

mg1622 Avatar
mg1622 Terry Armitage
Sundre, AB, Canada   CAN
Got the quote on the 3 fenders I was gonna use on this 59,,,Fiberglass,very reasonable less than 300 pounds for two front and one rear,,BUT shipping would be just over 600 pounds so not going that route at this time..Terry

mg1622 Avatar
mg1622 Terry Armitage
Sundre, AB, Canada   CAN
Any one know of a shipping company that would be cheaper? Terry

mgaex189 Avatar
mgaex189 Gold Member Giovanni Delicio
Obrigheim, Rheinpfalz, Germany   DEU
1955 MG MGA 1500 "C2"
1955 MG MGA 1500 "4-seater"
1955 MG MGA 1500 "C1"
1960 MG MGA 1600 Coupe    & more
I had almost the same situation when asking for shipment to USA for a box with a weight of 80 Pounds.

To send the box and get it back with 8 shock absorber they asked 1,400.00 US$ !!!

I decided to buy new (overhauled) shock absorber in Germany hot smiley

Gio

mg1622 Avatar
mg1622 Terry Armitage
Sundre, AB, Canada   CAN
Yeah Geo.600 pounds is quite pricy Terry

mg1622 Avatar
mg1622 Terry Armitage
Sundre, AB, Canada   CAN
This car has no drive train There is a 74 1/2 mgb just an hour away that is running and driving. Complete car. Thinking of putting this drive train in the 59,Only prob is I would be junking a pretty good car.Any thoughts.forum.Terry

Grubeguy Avatar
Grubeguy Gold Member Grube Guy
Washington, DC, USA   USA
I faced the same decision regarding UK-based fiberglass fenders. Price was great but shipping was prohibitive. They sell mostly to folks in the US, who jack up the price but lower shipping, with a price differential being roughly the same. Cost of all four fenders is close to the ebay listing that seems to lurk without nibbles.

mg1622 Avatar
mg1622 Terry Armitage
Sundre, AB, Canada   CAN
been watchin your progress and it ;looks like you have the fender problem taken care of. Lots of work but they are turning out well. I have the left fenders now and will be getting the right side fenders next week. Shipping is a lot ,,too much. Terry

Redhawk1689 Avatar
Redhawk1689 Gold Member Steven Stockham
Salina, KS, USA   USA
1958 MG MGA 1500 "Belle"
Terry, save yourself a helluva headache and buy one of those new tanks off of ebay! Put in new fuel lines and know that your fuel situation is solved!

mg1622 Avatar
mg1622 Terry Armitage
Sundre, AB, Canada   CAN
Hey Steven , plan on going with new fuel tank. Ur correct re no headaches, And dont want any either. Fuel tanks are surprisingly cheap.Terry

mg1622 Avatar
mg1622 Terry Armitage
Sundre, AB, Canada   CAN
got the 2 right side fenders. Needing work but do able. With the mgb I bought I think I have nearly all I need.Terry

Attachments:
DSCN4938.JPG    58.2 KB
DSCN4938.JPG

DSCN4939.JPG    51.7 KB
manymgs Avatar
manymgs Scott Drake
Kelowna, B.C., Canada   CAN
Good looking fenders.... I know a place that can sell you a new tank for reasonable money!

Cheers,

Scott

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster