Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

bills Avatar
bills Bill Spohn
W. Vancouver, , BC, Canada   CAN
In reply to # 3848346 by 69gt6stopp I guess everyone is always looking for something different, how about this bronze color, definitely not very common. Now there have been a lot of so called British Racing Greens over the time but this one I think actually nails it perfectly as the ideal BRG.
Regards,
Paul

Looks a lot like this one.

Bill Spohn www.rhodo.citymax.com/carstuff.html
Current: 1958 MGA Twincam (race car (170 bhp)),1962 MGA Deluxe Coupe (98 bhp)
1957 Jamaican MGA (200 bhp)1965 1971 Jensen Interceptor (350 bhp)
2009 Pontiac Solstice GXP Coupe (350 bhp)
2007 BMW Z4M coupe (340 bhp)
Recent: 1969 MGC roadster (175 bhp),Jensen CV8 (375 bhp),
1969 Lamborghini Islero S (350 bhp), 1988 Fiero GT turbo (300 bhp)
North Vancouver BC

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
RJBrown Avatar
RJBrown Randy Brown
Queen Creek, AZ, USA   USA
I really dislike the brown colors on a MGA. Have one that was metallic brown, it will go back to its original iris blue whenever I get to it. But that BRG looks great. Almost bought a limited edition 1991 BRG Miata when they came out. I was going to match it with a MGA. But alas I was too late. When I went down to buy one the only Miatas left had auto transmissions. Couldn’t stand the thought of a sports car with an automatic.
The gold is unique as it was used for the 100,000 car. A color I would only choose for a 100,000 clone car.
Another color I really like on an A is silver. Silver just looks right on an A.

Attachments:
A6F786EB-F564-4FFA-8114-7C02973B8ABC.jpg    34.4 KB
A6F786EB-F564-4FFA-8114-7C02973B8ABC.jpg

Jon62midget Avatar
Jon62midget Gold Member Jonathan Brown
Savannah, GA, USA   USA
Wow, I like all of them. Except this one.... Just wrong in my humble opinion.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1960-mg-mga-15/

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
59mgaguy Avatar
59mgaguy John Terschak
Wakeman, OH, USA   USA
1930 Ford Model A "Jenny"
1959 MG 14/28 "Jessie"
1974 MG MGB "Oooops"
In reply to # 3848705 by RJBrown I really dislike the brown colors on a MGA. Have one that was metallic brown, it will go back to its original iris blue whenever I get to it. But that BRG looks great. Almost bought a limited edition 1991 BRG Miata
Another color I really like on an A is silver. Silver just looks right on an A.

Randy,

I too like the silver or pewter on the MGA. In fact I had planned to paint my 59 that colour. Only problem was that two of my club members painted their MGAs that color. It seems as if silver and pewter is being coming common. A little like red.

Yes on the MX5 limited edition. Mine is a 2001. 6 speed. That car is going to get me in trouble. Love it.
Have you changed you rain rail yet?

John

Attachments:
put-in-bay 089.JPG    36.4 KB
put-in-bay 089.JPG

MX5rainrail plus MGA rear 023.JPG    42.6 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
MX5rainrail plus MGA rear 009.JPG    29.6 KB
MX5rainrail plus MGA rear 012.JPG    29.9 KB
Grubeguy Avatar
Grubeguy Gold Member Grube Guy
Washington, DC, USA   USA
In reply to # 3848729 by Jon62midget Wow, I like all of them. Except this one.... Just wrong in my humble opinion.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1960-mg-mga-15/

Yeah, that yellow is not to my taste

Grubeguy Avatar
That bronze is nice, actually.

I like the red on a new Ford Fusion that lives is my neighborhood, maybe darkened up a bit.

I found a Miata color I liked (a red), from 2017. The color chip was gorgeous, but pics I found online left me nonplussed.

69gt6stopp Avatar
69gt6stopp Paul Stopp
Richmond, BC, Canada   CAN
Found a few more desirable colors that you may also consider to be acceptable:
Regards,
Paul

Attachments:
Ash Green.jpg    38.7 KB
Ash Green.jpg

MGA Dove Grey.jpg    20.2 KB
Steel Blue.jpg    31.6 KB
Redhawk1689 Avatar
Redhawk1689 Gold Member Steven Stockham
Salina, KS, USA   USA
1958 MG MGA 1500 "Belle"
That silver color that Randy showed is (I believe) actually "White Diamond Tri-Coat" which is stunning in person and out in the sunlight! It's a modern color that was found on Buicks around 2010 or so. I owned a Lacrosse that had this color. It's not as bright as a later Lacrosse (2015-) but has a pearlescent "glow" that pops in the sunlight. Say what you will about metallic colors but done properly with a pearlescent sheen, the MGA will turn the heads of nearly everyone but dyed-in-the-wool "originalists!" winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-26 02:14 PM by Redhawk1689.

wyatt Avatar
wyatt Silver Member Wyatt W
penguin point, drift ice, Antarctica   ATA
yup, I said I did one in Cadillac pearlescent...a tri color job, base white, pearl (one of several choices) then clear....stunning,and period correct looking.smoking smiley

Grubeguy Avatar
I've never done a tricoat, and would be concerned about screwing it up with over coverage. I downselected a couple options because of that ...

Grubeguy Avatar
Thought I'd catch up on this thread, and offer this color. It hit the top of my list:

http://paintref.com/cgi-bin/colorcodedisplay.cgi?type=sample&paint=9013&ditzler=12546&syear=1964&smanuf=GM&smodel=Corvette&sname=Silver%20Blue&name=corvette1964WA2973&scomm=

Scroll to the bottom for a no kidding paint sample.

In looking through this database, and distilling it my MG, there are no-kidding paint codes for some accepted classic MG colors. See

http://paintref.com/cgi-bin/colorcodedisplay.cgi?make=MG

I've got two more colors to look at (a Jag color and a Porsche color).

Grubeguy Avatar
In fact, here are my top three:

Attachments:
corvette1964WA2973.jpg    35.6 KB
corvette1964WA2973.jpg

Cobalt Blue.jpg    39.8 KB
Saphire Blue.jpg    37.8 KB
69gt6stopp Avatar
69gt6stopp Paul Stopp
Richmond, BC, Canada   CAN
OK Grube, since your into these blues, (me too), here is the look you need. I found this modified MGA for sale on Ebay, complete with the nose treatment that I think would have been the superior look for MGA's.
If I had the guts to do this to mine I would, do not necessarily need the fender flares and etc.

Regards,
Paul

Attachments:
s-l1600.jpg    43 KB
s-l1600.jpg

Grubeguy Avatar
Oh yeah, I've seen that auction. Not a bad color actually. I've never attempted racing stripes...

pinkyponk Avatar
pinkyponk Gold Member Adrian Page
Berwick, NS, Canada   CAN
Fiat makes a nice light blue as well as the green posted earlier. I may paint my Bugeye this colour. Fiat also has a darker blue... one of mine is this blue. Very pretty color.

Adrian

Home built Eaton M62 Supercharger with 7.6psi boost, 8:1 compression, custom "supercharger" cam from Schneider Cams, Mikuni HSR48 Carburetor, cold air intake, ported head, matched manifolds, CB Performance computerized ignition, Fidanza 9 pound flywheel, Maxspeeding rods with Teflon wrist pin buttons.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-05 06:18 AM by pinkyponk.

Attachments:
Blue fiat.jpg    30.8 KB
Blue fiat.jpg

dark blue Fiat.jpg    27.6 KB

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster