Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

MGBGM1977 Avatar
MGBGM1977 Anthony Piper
Mossy Head, FL, USA   USA
In reply to # 3904431 by MGBGM1977 I might upset some folks, but sometimes I wonder "Why bother". I didn't start this thread to get anyone worked up. I just asked a simple question:

"Just curious if anyone has tried Harley Davidson Constant Velocity Evolution carburetors on an MGB. Just curious."

I am going to take it that the answer is "No".

Thanks for the few positive posts.

I need to apologize as it looks like I have become one of the worst offenders about taking this off topic. And it's my thread. Shame on me- hahaha

. Hide this ad & support a small business by becoming a Gold Supporting Member
Was this post helpful or interesting?
+1 Yes No Thank
Denis Avatar
Denis Denis Hill
Bearii, Nth Victoria, Australia   AUS
A bit of friendly off topic is good but not three pages of garbage .

68 B roadster, Daffodil yellow, supercharger, Burgess SC head, SC cam, Mikuni HSR 48 carburetor and engine built for supercharging.

73 BGT V8 conversion starting with a bare shell. Built the engine "3.9L Rover" early in 2016 with high comp pistons and a few other nice bits, plus a T5 ford trans. Started on the body late 2016 and complete late 2017, Did all the work myself, mechanical, body. paint etc.
Finished and going well, great to drive and quick. Now has a nice 3.23 LSD.

+1 Yes No Thank
MGBGM1977 Avatar
MGBGM1977 Anthony Piper
In reply to # 3908768 by Denis A bit of friendly off topic is good but not three pages of garbage .

Now Denis, wasn't no call for that. If you're tired of reading through the "garbage" well......... just don't. Nothing personal to you fine fellas on the other side of this dirt ball.

Yes No Thank
V8MGBV8 Avatar
V8MGBV8 Carl Floyd
Kingsport, TN, USA   USA
In reply to # 3908760 by MGBGM1977
I need to apologize as it looks like I have become one of the worst offenders about taking this off topic. And it's my thread.

You're the OP. I figure it's your call. smileys with beer

+1 Yes No Thank
  MGBGM1977 thanked V8MGBV8 for this post
MGBGM1977 Avatar
MGBGM1977 Anthony Piper
In reply to # 3908817 by V8MGBV8
In reply to # 3908760 by MGBGM1977
I need to apologize as it looks like I have become one of the worst offenders about taking this off topic. And it's my thread.

You're the OP. I figure it's your call. smileys with beer

Let it flow, let it flow!

Yes No Thank
Denis Avatar
Denis Denis Hill
Bearii, Nth Victoria, Australia   AUS
This had the makings of an excellent thred, and is, or was something of interest to several members at the moment. Unfortunately I had to keep reading 35-40 off topic posts in the hope it would get back on track.

Denis .

68 B roadster, Daffodil yellow, supercharger, Burgess SC head, SC cam, Mikuni HSR 48 carburetor and engine built for supercharging.

73 BGT V8 conversion starting with a bare shell. Built the engine "3.9L Rover" early in 2016 with high comp pistons and a few other nice bits, plus a T5 ford trans. Started on the body late 2016 and complete late 2017, Did all the work myself, mechanical, body. paint etc.
Finished and going well, great to drive and quick. Now has a nice 3.23 LSD.

+1 Yes No Thank
MGBGM1977 Avatar
MGBGM1977 Anthony Piper
Ok. Back on track, sort of. I have run across people using the H-D CV carb on Suzuki Samurai. Seems this engine is in about the same displacement category as the Harley engines at 1300 cc's.

Attachments:
new 010 (Small).jpg    59.1 KB
new 010 (Small).jpg

suzukiCV.jpg    38.2 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
Yes No Thank
V8MGBV8 Avatar
V8MGBV8 Carl Floyd
Kingsport, TN, USA   USA
In reply to # 3908990 by Denis This had the makings of an excellent thred, and is, or was something of interest to several members at the moment. Unfortunately I had to keep reading 35-40 off topic posts in the hope it would get back on track.

Denis .

Nothing to get back on track. We ran out of examples. So, we took a little side trip. cool smiley

Yes No Thank
tahoe36c Avatar
tahoe36c Paul Hruza
Panama City, FL, USA   USA
1969 MG MGC GT "Little Red Rocket..."
1972 MG MGB GT "Tiny Dancer"
2002 Harley-Davidson Dyna
I just see several members, including myself, having a really great conversation about a variety of subjects that branched off from the original content; carburetors. No harm done...

But there will ALWAYS be someone to complain... Call it Human Nature. This happened in another thread a few months ago when one of our friends up north told another member and myself to "Get a room"... LOL

Forums are like watching TV. If you don't like the content, change the channel!

Yes, I know there are rules and Skye owns the process here, but I don't think he'd be too disappointed by his membership sharing some good conversation once the original subject matter has been exhausted.

Thanks to all who contributed to this forum conversation, it was GREAT!!! smileys with beer

Here is a CV picture to make the ill repute feel better! LOL...

Attachments:
carb.jpeg    55 KB
carb.jpeg

Yes No Thank
MGBGM1977 Avatar
MGBGM1977 Anthony Piper
I am going to rebuild my stock carbs on my '74 B. While I have them off, I have a manifold and a Holley 5200 I was going to install. Now I am cutting up a 1980 B intake loose from the exhaust and making it fit with the headers presently installed and mount a single HD CV carb on it just to play around with it myself. Still have some cutting and grinding to do. The rain has gotten in the way.

Attachments:
P3151500.resized.JPG    56.8 KB
P3151500.resized.JPG

P3151497.resized.JPG    53.5 KB
P3151498.resized.JPG    56.8 KB
Yes No Thank
Jim Blackwood Avatar
Jim Blackwood * BlownMGB-V8
Gunpowder Rd, Florence, KY, USA   USA
On the Sammy, the OEM carb was OK but maybe a little overly complicated. It had way more vacuum lines than seemed necessary. You could lose a hidden connection and run badly until the engine was shot, not sure why I know this... The EFI carb OTOH is a pleasure. Still looks complicated but really works well. I don't even know where the brains for it are. Seems like it should work if you laid it on it's side too, maybe fit a couple of those to a B.

https://www.supermotors.net/registry/media/690112

Jim

Yes No Thank

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster