Visit our Twitter feed for more great content
MGExp

MG Midget Forum

What did you do with your MG Midget today?

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

johnnyw637 Avatar
johnnyw637 Silver Member John Warner
Norwich, Norfolk, UK   GBR
1960 Morris Minor Traveller "Boris 2"
1964 MG Midget MkI "Flying Midge"
1964 MG Midget MkI
In reply to # 3887401 by Yankeedriver
In reply to # 3886966 by johnnyw637 You should get one Joel, they're great. I have two!

. . .

Lovely piece of kit Joel and to celebrate, you should make an offer on Rick's spare frogeye smiling smiley

Johnny - thanks for your kind words. As for the latter remark, you are what certain elements call a nefarious foreign influence!

Rick - whoa, are you wanting to sell what the evil foreigner terms a 'spare' frogeye? How about some pics of that second Sprite?

Joel

'nefarious,' Joel,

I can't even spell the word

But I'll invoice Rick my commission rate LOL smileys with beer

It's blowing a hoolie here today so the garage door is remaining firmly closed.

Have a great day and mean what I say about your charger and bracket Joel, also pleased that you posted a shot of it fitted on the engine as they say, ' Niicccccccccccce'

all the best Johnny

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
refisk Avatar
refisk Rick Fisk
Frankenmuth, MI, USA   USA
Joel and Johnny,

Sorry guys, but neither car is for sale. I've owned the street Bugeye for 51 years and it will be around until I'm gone. It's undergoing a long term refresh and is in a zillion pieces right at the moment. I just bought the race car last year and I'm not done with it yet. Half dozen races I want to run this year. smileys with beer

Rick

In reply to # 3887415 by johnnyw637
In reply to # 3887401 by Yankeedriver
In reply to # 3886966 by johnnyw637 You should get one Joel, they're great. I have two!

. . .

Lovely piece of kit Joel and to celebrate, you should make an offer on Rick's spare frogeye smiling smiley

Johnny - thanks for your kind words. As for the latter remark, you are what certain elements call a nefarious foreign influence!

Rick - whoa, are you wanting to sell what the evil foreigner terms a 'spare' frogeye? How about some pics of that second Sprite?

Joel

'nefarious,' Joel,

I can't even spell the word

But I'll invoice Rick my commission rate LOL smileys with beer

It's blowing a hoolie here today so the garage door is remaining firmly closed.

Have a great day and mean what I say about your charger and bracket Joel, also pleased that you posted a shot of it fitted on the engine as they say, ' Niicccccccccccce'

all the best Johnny

johnnyw637 Avatar
1964 MG Midget MkI
Well Rick,

There's my commission out the window!!!!! GRIN drinking smiley

However, no fear Joel, I've just found a 1959 for sale in Britain it's in Bristol so a port your side of the country with links to the new world. The guy wants 18k but will take 16000 (£) so what with Brexit about $234.69

Yours N.F.I aka Johnny smileys with beer

Picture UPDATE BY Nefarious 2 seconds ago

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-07 09:32 AM by johnnyw637.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
20190207_152946.jpg    65.8 KB
20190207_152946.jpg

grichn Avatar
grichn Richard nicholson
crevillent, alicante, Spain   ESP
1976 MG Midget MkIII "The Shed"
1977 MG Midget MkIII
Cleaned up my hood frame, splashed derust on it and then painted it. I have no intention of putting it on the car but the future owner might.... Tried to realign the bonnet but its impossible solo and the Boss can´t help.....
Waiting for a new indicator switch and ignition coil which failed 2 days ago. Bloody post in Spain is terrible (as is every other public service).
Richard in sunny Spain suffering in 23 degrees C and under the influence of very cheap beer....

jimbvd Platinum Member Jim Bravard
Hopkinsville, Ky., USA   USA
Hi Richard, sorry for your many issues, especially suffering with poor beer. If you don't have better choices and aren't fond of the excellent Spanish wines, you could try brewing your own beer. Johnny Warner and I, and probably others on this forum, enjoy both brewing and drinking our own ales and beers. Just a thought, as no one should have to drink poor ale. smileys with beer smiling smiley

johnnyw637 Avatar
1964 MG Midget MkI
Very true Jim,
Poor standards of one's own lubrication can lead to fatigue and premature failure.

Though hopefully in Richards case cheap just refers to cost and not quality.

Johnny smiling smiley

Chas 906 Avatar
Chas 906 Chuck Peterson
Iron Mountain, MI, USA   USA
1961 MG Midget MkI "Little Red Rider"
So true guys. I have five gallons of Dago Red fermenting away since October. Will bottle mid April. Racked it twice so far and the samplings say 2018 was a very good year!

johnnyw637 Avatar
1964 MG Midget MkI
I need to start another thread,
The Perfect Road to make a brew LOL smiling smiley

jimbvd Platinum Member Jim Bravard
Hopkinsville, Ky., USA   USA
Chuck, great to hear it's turning out so well! smiling smiley

Johnny, we need to figure out a way to use our cars in the fermentation process or we may be disallowed the use of the thread! smileys with beer

Or, we use our midgets as transports to run some good ale to Richard in sunny, but thirsty, Spain! We'll have to get those floaties out you were going to use to drive to the states to ride in the Route 66 drive! devil smiley

Yankeedriver Avatar
Yankeedriver Platinum AdvertiserAdvertiser Joel Young
Albuquerque, NM, USA   USA
In reply to # 3889044 by jimbvd Chuck, great to hear it's turning out so well! smiling smiley

Johnny, we need to figure out a way to use our cars in the fermentation process or we may be disallowed the use of the thread! smileys with beer

Or, we use our midgets as transports to run some good ale to Richard in sunny, but thirsty, Spain! We'll have to get those floaties out you were going to use to drive to the states to ride in the Route 66 drive! devil smiley

If he's driving that red Midget across the Pond, hope he's packing a lot of Dimenhydrinate...

Joel

Member Services:
Innovative DIY performance and reliability upgrades.
johnnyw637 Avatar
1964 MG Midget MkI
In reply to # 3889044 by jimbvd Chuck, great to hear it's turning out so well! smiling smiley

Men of our calibre should be able to get round that one Jim smileys with beer

Never mind the motion sickness Joel it's being hit by a breaching whale that I'm most worried about. Also would I have to fit green and red bulbs in head lights and fit a green Lucas lens in the driver side rear light unit (obviously for Richard it would be passenger side)?

Johnny
PS I've put the blame for this at your foot Jim https://www.mgexp.com/forum/mg-midget-forum.3/the-perfect-road-to-brew.3889071/#msg-3889071

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-10 10:09 AM by johnnyw637.

grichn Avatar
grichn Richard nicholson
crevillent, alicante, Spain   ESP
1976 MG Midget MkIII "The Shed"
1977 MG Midget MkIII
You jokers!! The beer and wine in Spain are now first class but the price is still, probably, the cheapest in Europe. No need to ship it out, I´ve got plenty in reserve. I well remember the early morning runs through the Channel Tunnel to France to load up with plonk and beer, do people still do that in the UK?

Just to enlighten you, a litre of supermarket lager costs 65 euro cents and a litre of a very good red wine is 1.60 euros from a local restaurant. Its free if you have a 5 course meal for 12.50 euros.....

Now you know why I sit in the sun and enjoy my lunchtime beer after working at my hobby, classic car restoration. I expect to have my Midget on the road within the next 10 days after spending the last 11 months working on it.
Watch this space!

I have really enjoyed your whimsical topic, keep it up!
Kind regards
Richard suffering terribly in this sun drenched hell hole...…...

johnnyw637 Avatar
1964 MG Midget MkI
In reply to # 3889503 by grichn You jokers!! The beer and wine in Spain are now first class but the price is still, probably, the cheapest in Europe. No need to ship it out, I´ve got plenty in reserve. I well remember the early morning runs through the Channel Tunnel to France to load up with plonk and beer, do people still do that in the UK?

Just to enlighten you, a litre of supermarket lager costs 65 euro cents and a litre of a very good red wine is 1.60 euros from a local restaurant. Its free if you have a 5 course meal for 12.50 euros.....

Now you know why I sit in the sun and enjoy my lunchtime beer after working at my hobby, classic car restoration. I expect to have my Midget on the road within the next 10 days after spending the last 11 months working on it.
Watch this space!

I have really enjoyed your whimsical topic, keep it up!
Kind regards
Richard suffering terribly in this sun drenched hell hole...…...

Sir we are deadly earnest,
Jokers indeed!!!
Why if I had a glove and were in Spain one would be tempted to slap you in the face and ask you outside at dawn.

That aside the perfect road to brew does need a European adviser, so if willing the job is yours.
Though under the rules laid down by our Technical advisor The Right Honourable Jim,
you must make reference to an MG once per paragraph.

Seriously Johnny

66jalopy Avatar
66jalopy Silver Member Phillip Jolliffe
Lake City, FL, USA   USA
I slit beer can down the middle and clamped it on my float bowl as a heat shield. It was necessary to drink the beer first

johnnyw637 Avatar
1964 MG Midget MkI
I am sure it was a very fine beer as well Phillip.
After all I know you would only use quality materials.

Talking of which we need a Resource Advisor on the brewing thread are you up for the post?

And look at the fine weather I find myself enjoying now that hurricane Erik has taken his leave smiling smiley

Johnny

Attachments:
15498832721413410868260715543552.jpg    65.5 KB
15498832721413410868260715543552.jpg

15498833291955030992413373526729.jpg    60.8 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster