Visit our Twitter feed for more great content
MGExp

MG Midget Forum

What did you do with your MG Midget today?

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Papyrichard Avatar
Papyrichard Richard Yves
Waterloo, Belgium, Belgium   BEL
1965 BMW LS/700 "Cocotte"
1967 MG Midget
Seen the weather over here, not that much of an idea to drive out my little beauty !

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
letitsnow.jpg    39.3 KB
letitsnow.jpg

Chas 906 Avatar
Chas 906 Chuck Peterson
Iron Mountain, MI, USA   USA
1961 MG Midget MkI "Little Red Rider"
Looks like the U.P. here in Michigan but less snow!

johnnyw637 Avatar
johnnyw637 Silver Member John Warner
Norwich, Norfolk, UK   GBR
1960 Morris Minor Traveller "Boris 2"
1964 MG Midget MkI "Flying Midge"
1964 MG Midget MkI
In reply to a post by Can assure you that is what Donald choose for his new born Sprite, got the original one and the one installed

I am sure it is Jorge, but can we have a close up photo, as I am genuinely intrigued?

I just assumed that they looked like this, can't say I ever paid much heed to the hooters on the few I have come close to. The rest of the look kinda overshadows the hooter push.

All the best Johnny

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-05 10:52 AM by johnnyw637.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
emb100-austin-healey-bugeye-sprite-bonnet-emblem.jpg    40.6 KB
emb100-austin-healey-bugeye-sprite-bonnet-emblem.jpg

mrmg1965 Avatar
mrmg1965 Gold Member Steve Strublic
Peoria, AZ, USA   USA
1965 MG Midget "Gidget"
2011 Mini Cooper S "Nigel Whitworth"
Johnny,

There are so many jokes (for a Yank) in your statement that I don't know where to begin. But you just asked for a close up of "hooters".

Sorry, my mind needs a washing.

Steve

http://midget.strublic.net

SapitoPR Avatar
SapitoPR Jorge Olazagasti
San Juan, PR, USA   USA
In reply to # 3886371 by johnnyw637
In reply to a post by Can assure you that is what Donald choose for his new born Sprite, got the original one and the one installed

I am sure it is Jorge, but can we have a close up photo, as I am genuinely intrigued?

I just assumed that they looked like this, can't say I ever paid much heed to the hooters on the few I have come close to. The rest of the look kinda overshadows the hooter push.

All the best Johnny

The emblem you submit is the correct one for an early Sprite, only you've got the wrong location, that one sits in the bonnet tween the two frog eyes. And to avoid further doubts, here is my spare steering wheel. No doubt the one you show would look great in steering center, as a matter of fact that would be a nice project as i got a brand new one which could be adaptedthumbs up.

Cheers! Jorge

Attachments:
IMG_1106.jpeg    28.5 KB
IMG_1106.jpeg

IMG_1107.jpeg    49.1 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
Yankeedriver Avatar
Yankeedriver Platinum AdvertiserAdvertiser Joel Young
Albuquerque, NM, USA   USA
In reply to # 3886391 by SapitoPR The emblem you submit is the correct one for an early Sprite, only you've got the wrong location, that one sits in the bonnet tween the two frog eyes. And to avoid further doubts, here is my spare steering wheel. No doubt the one you show would look great in steering center, as a matter of fact that would be a nice project as i got a brand new one which could be adaptedthumbs up.

Cheers! Jorge

You guys have got me wanting a Bugeye. My kingdom for a bigger shop!

Joel

Member Services:
Innovative DIY performance and reliability upgrades.
johnnyw637 Avatar
1964 MG Midget MkI
Joel,

With your vast acreage a littl' ol frogeye would take up no space at all. Though you'd best get that Moggy as well as they pine if left on their own.

Well Jorge thanks for the close up, I've learned something, I did know the one I showed was used on the bonnet, but assumed that like with the MG it was repeated on the hooter.

Talk of which Steve smiling smiley in Britain a hooter used to be slang for your nose, now something tells me that in the States we are not talking noses GRIN

Signed the innocent foreigner

refisk Avatar
refisk Rick Fisk
Frankenmuth, MI, USA   USA
You should get one Joel, they're great. I have two!

What I would like to know is why did the Healeys use a lightning flash logo on the horn button that looks very much like the logo used by Opel for many years. First picture shows a Bugeye horn push on a Les Leston wheel. Second picture is an Opel horn push.

In reply to # 3886464 by Yankeedriver You guys have got me wanting a Bugeye. My kingdom for a bigger shop!

Joel

Attachments:
2946C5B8-9655-4C8E-93A3-8553855077C8.jpeg    37 KB
2946C5B8-9655-4C8E-93A3-8553855077C8.jpeg

27D734F9-AF1F-43E6-B261-82A45663CA13.jpeg    13.3 KB
SapitoPR Avatar
San Juan, PR, USA   USA
Rick , that's an interesting question , tried to Google some sense to it but nothing came up, theories are welcome.

Jorge

SapitoPR Avatar
San Juan, PR, USA   USA
In reply to # 3886375 by mrmg1965 Johnny,

There are so many jokes (for a Yank) in your statement that I don't know where to begin. But you just asked for a close up of "hooters".

Steve

Steve, please don't feel bad, you are not alone, it took me a long time to figure out the hooter issue. A visit to a certain club some time ago with scantily dressed waitresses serving drinks kept coming back and the last thing i had in mind was a horn push!

Jorge

mrmg1965 Avatar
mrmg1965 Gold Member Steve Strublic
Peoria, AZ, USA   USA
1965 MG Midget "Gidget"
2011 Mini Cooper S "Nigel Whitworth"
Who said anything about feeling bad? smiling smiley

Steve

In reply to # 3886514 by SapitoPR
In reply to # 3886375 by mrmg1965 Johnny,

Steve

Steve, please don't feel bad, you are not alone, it took me a long time to figure out the hooter issue. A visit to a certain club some time ago with scantily dressed waitresses serving drinks kept coming back and the last thing i had in mind was a horn push!

Jorge

http://midget.strublic.net

dimini Avatar
dimini Don Ipock
Kansas City, MO, USA   USA
I’ve been curious about this, too. Maybe there was a graphic designer who gave a group discount to AH & Opel...
I like the hooter push reference, too.

In reply to # 3886495 by refisk You should get one Joel, they're great. I have two!

What I would like to know is why did the Healeys use a lightning flash logo on the horn button that looks very much like the logo used by Opel for many years. First picture shows a Bugeye horn push on a Les Leston wheel. Second picture is an Opel horn push.

In reply to # 3886464 by Yankeedriver You guys have got me wanting a Bugeye. My kingdom for a bigger shop!

Joel

Yankeedriver Avatar
Registered it, after welding up some blower mounts. I'm starting to get excited, as she'll be running for the first time in over a year this Spring.

I'm thinking of getting a personalized plate that says "5.5 PSI" for the anticipated level of boost.

Joel

Member Services:

Attachments:
Rear_mount(2).jpg    45 KB
Rear_mount(2).jpg

Rear_mount(3).jpg    50.4 KB
johnnyw637 Avatar
1964 MG Midget MkI
In reply to # 3886495 by refisk You should get one Joel, they're great. I have two!

Joel

Rick,

I'd been thinking the exact same thing. Infact when I first saw the steering wheel in Jorge' s car, I thought if must be someone else's who'd put an old opel badge in a fancy winged steering wheel.

When I saw it was Jorge's, I knew it couldn't be the case because he likes everything to be correct. Guess it must be something to do with Healey wanting to leave some sort of Mark on his car and not just an Austin badge with Healey written on the edge.

Lovely piece of kit Joel and to celebrate, you should make an offer on Rick's spare frogeye smiling smiley

I feel like I've been farting around all afternoon getting nowhere fast with a floor template for my boot. I'm driving the Midge up to the NEC, our national exhibition centre in Birmingham, for a classic restoration show at the end of March and have just been waiting for a fine day to do this job.

All the best Johnny smileys with beer

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-06 10:23 AM by johnnyw637.

Yankeedriver Avatar
In reply to # 3886966 by johnnyw637 You should get one Joel, they're great. I have two!

. . .

Lovely piece of kit Joel and to celebrate, you should make an offer on Rick's spare frogeye smiling smiley

Johnny - thanks for your kind words. As for the latter remark, you are what certain elements call a nefarious foreign influence!

Rick - whoa, are you wanting to sell what the evil foreigner terms a 'spare' frogeye? How about some pics of that second Sprite?

Joel

Member Services:

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster