Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

NelsonW Silver Member Nelson W
Medina, OH, USA   USA
1962 Austin-Healey Sprite "Little Mo"
I am considering buying a Swiftune cam for my Sprite. Has anyone had any experience with their product? It would be a performance road version.

Original owner
1962 Sprite "Little Mo"

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
minimarc Avatar
minimarc Bob Marcum
BREVARD, NC, USA   USA
Have you looked into APT in California? David Anton, owner, was a partner with David Vizard when the book "Tuning BL's A Series Engine" was written. Great reference for our engines. He is good to work with.

APTFast I believe.

Bob Marcum

1959 AH Bugeye Sprite
1960 Morris Minor Tourer
Ex Mini Vintage Racer

Medina, OH, USA   USA
I spoke with David in early October and he told me that he had no idea when he would have a cam he could sell me. I have not heard from him since.

Original owner
1962 Sprite "Little Mo"

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
minimarc Avatar
minimarc Bob Marcum
BREVARD, NC, USA   USA
I understand he was grinding cams a couple of week ago. You might want to check back.

I am waiting on my machine shop to give me a shopping list for my 1275 going into my Morris Minor.

Good luck with your project.

Bob Marcum

1959 AH Bugeye Sprite
1960 Morris Minor Tourer
Ex Mini Vintage Racer

Speedracer Avatar
Speedracer Platinum Member Hap Waldrop
Greenville, SC, USA   USA
1967 MG MGB Racecar "The Biscuit"
Swiftune dicks around with cam timing specs, as in giving you very little work with, it's all rather silly if you ask me. I use the APT VP 276 as my go-to cam for hot rod street motors as it does everything I want it to do, rev cleanly past 6k of one dares to go there, yet, does all the low rpm stuff you want in your streetable car, like behave at stop lights, and such. So I tell folks you ca go date night, the car show, or tearing up the curvy roads like your hair/head smiling smiley is on fire with the VP 276, it does all of it well. I guess I built a 100 engine with the cam now and helped a 100 more build their engines with this cam. Oh and David has them most of the time in reground, and ion nitrited hardened late model Mini cores, sometimes in start gear, which is good way to go, and saves some money.

Hap Waldrop
Acme Speed Shop
864-370-3000
hapwaldrop@acmespeedshop.com

Member Services:
MG/ Triumph Performance Street/Race Engines - Cylinder Head Porting - Modified SU HS Carbs - DIY Engine Rebuild Kits With Free Tech Advice - VTO alloy wheels for British Sport Cars, and others
Medina, OH, USA   USA
I talked to David yesterday. He has been dealing with pneumonia and is behind in his work. He is out of oil pumps now but anticipates being able to take care of me in the Spring.

Original owner
1962 Sprite "Little Mo"

minimarc Avatar
minimarc Bob Marcum
BREVARD, NC, USA   USA
Seven Enterprises usually has a good selection.

Bob Marcum

1959 AH Bugeye Sprite
1960 Morris Minor Tourer
Ex Mini Vintage Racer

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster