AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

dogeddie Avatar
dogeddie Silver Member Andy L
Kaukauna, WI, USA   USA
In reply to # 3887878 by Richard D
In reply to # 3887856 by dogeddie That's interesting Richard. But do you think the same concept applies with the very "un dragster - like" torque of the midget? Or was the the PO a single fat guy. eye popping smiley

<laughing>

I'm thinking If we are talking degrees the same principle might apply.
Ones first inclination might be to get a hefty ride along passenger and let her weight balance things out. I guess just by the definition alone, that in itself would eliminate any bachelor lean! But in my experience, I'm thinking it may be cheaper and less trouble in the long run to just deal with the springs!

So I should find a fat girl as a test subject? Geez, where in Wisconsin would I find that?

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
dogeddie Avatar
Kaukauna, WI, USA   USA
In reply to # 3887896 by littlecars
In reply to # 3887856 by dogeddie Or was the the PO a single fat guy. eye popping smiley

dogeddie, that one made me laugh! grinning smiley This phenomenon showed itself on the driver's seat that came with my Purple Rat Midget project a few years ago. All the padding was flattened on the back and butt areas but the vinyl was perfect. It even looked like the previous owner might have rested his big fat arm on the tunnel while driving. I could just imagine a big, stocky elbow might have rest on the bulkhead behind the seat. A rather heavy person had been reclining here for so long that the seat adjuster froze in the far back position and the seat was crushed against that bulkhead.

Lol! That just cracks me up. How the hell did he get out of the car? Maybe that's why he reclined there so long!

Richard D Avatar
Knoxville, TN, USA   USA
In reply to # 3887916 by dogeddie
In reply to # 3887878 by Richard D
In reply to # 3887856 by dogeddie That's interesting Richard. But do you think the same concept applies with the very "un dragster - like" torque of the midget? Or was the the PO a single fat guy. eye popping smiley

<laughing>

I'm thinking If we are talking degrees the same principle might apply.
Ones first inclination might be to get a hefty ride along passenger and let her weight balance things out. I guess just by the definition alone, that in itself would eliminate any bachelor lean! But in my experience, I'm thinking it may be cheaper and less trouble in the long run to just deal with the springs!

So I should find a fat girl as a test subject? Geez, where in Wisconsin would I find that?

Andy, I'd think with the long cold winters that you guys have, that would be standard equipment in Wisconsin....added bonus, shade for the summer!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-08 10:12 AM by Richard D.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
littlecars Avatar
littlecars David Bassett
Nashville, TN, USA   USA
1965 Chevrolet Corvair "Ski Team Transport SOLD!"
1965 MG Midget MkII "Buffoon"
1966 MG Midget MkII "Swiss Cheese...SCRAPPED"
1970 Triumph Spitfire MkIII "Tamara's Turd... SOLD!!!"    & more
Maybe he or she had the girth but not the width? Hey if John Candy can do it, anyone can!

Attachments:
John Candy Messerschmidt.jpg    53.4 KB
John Candy Messerschmidt.jpg

dogeddie Avatar
Kaukauna, WI, USA   USA
Ha ha ha!

Sprite1956 Roger Parry-Jones
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia   AUS
David,

My apologies to Kurt for defamation! David, for me, Graham Parker and Elvis Costello have a similar sound although Costello can be more dramatic. I didn't know Denny Laine still toured. I've got a cassette(!) of her singing with Paul McCartney back in 1979. Suddenly I'm feeling old and there's nothing wrong with being a fan of The Seekers......

Regards,

Roger

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster