My '67 Midget resto adventure...

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Richard D Avatar
Knoxville, TN, USA   USA
I thought I would start this thread to kind of document my journey as I progress along with the Midget project. I don't intend it to be a blog, a regular running thread or anything of the sort. Because it may be months, sometimes many months before I progress to any degree with the work. So I suspect this thread will just drift in and out of obscurity along the way. I have even accepted the fact the process my out last me... But as my dad used to say, " Don't worry about the mule going blind, just keep loadin the wagon" grinning smiley

I picked up this car quite by chance to begin with. Here is my introductory thread that kind of explains that and at what point the car is at now.
https://www.mgexp.com/phorum/read.php?3,3885359

A British import was not in my blood by any means. It is just one of several vehicles and motorcycles that I have acquired along way to play with and occupy my time as it would allow.

I finally cut the back door open on my shop and let the first sun light hit the car in many years. I swear I think the head light mounts squinted just a bit!

The left rear fender was my biggest issue and my first efforts towards repairing any body work before she got shelfed. It had rust and bondo over the wheel well as well as the lower quarter panel.
When I cut the panel out I was really surprised at just how sound the inner panels were. In fact, the whole car looks to be in very good condition to start with. All be it VERY dusty and dirty. But I know, just like with anything... There will be suprises and many issues to address.

I give thanks in advance to all here smileys with beer

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-05 06:09 PM by Richard D.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
P2050051.JPG    47.1 KB
P2050051.JPG

P2050050.JPG    33.4 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
P2050049.JPG    53 KB
P2050053.JPG    42.3 KB
hoggie Avatar
hoggie Mike Hogan
Oklahoma City, OK, USA   USA
Your right. Those inner panels look great. Especially for a 67. That is not a typical case unless the car lived it's life in CA or AZ.

Here is what they usually look like.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-05 09:04 PM by hoggie.

Attachments:
Picture 003_2.jpg    54.7 KB
Picture 003_2.jpg

Richard D Avatar
Knoxville, TN, USA   USA
Now that I have the midget somewhat more accessible, I decided to dig around a little more in it. I found the drivers side rear lower 1/2 fender I bought from VB, along with a replacement partial battery tray bottom and drivers side lower door hinge weld in replacement. I can't even remember what the main issue was with the door hinge was, but apparently I felt just replacing it was the best option. confused smiley

I did find my repair manuals that I had bought and used to keep track of the car info and a running expense ledger. Talk about a blast from the past!

The rebuilt trans is still setting on a shelf and the rebuilt motor has never been taken off the engine stand.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-07 11:37 AM by Richard D.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
P2060067.JPG    49.8 KB
P2060067.JPG

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster