Midget A pillar

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

BillHoltzman Bill Holtzman
Annapolis, MD, USA   USA
Looking for an right outer A pillar for a 73 Midget. Moss and Ashley Hinton sell A pillars for the earlier cars but I cant find any for the middle years. Does anybody know where I can get one?
Maybe I'm not looking hard enough.
Thanks,
Billy

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
refisk Avatar
refisk Rick Fisk
Frankenmuth, MI, USA   USA
Moss and VB both show them in their catalogs. confused smiley

In reply to # 3888702 by BillHoltzman Looking for an right outer A pillar for a 73 Midget. Moss and Ashley Hinton sell A pillars for the earlier cars but I cant find any for the middle years. Does anybody know where I can get one?
Maybe I'm not looking hard enough.
Thanks,
Billy

Annapolis, MD, USA   USA
When I originally looked on moss it said they where back ordered. Turns out there is just a low stock. I'm all good
Thanks,
Billy

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Ashley-Hinton Avatar
Ashley-Hinton Ashley Hinton
Gt Bookham, Surrey, UK   GBR
Hi Bill I have the OUTER and INNER A post in stock see photos
If you just need one side I can do that as well
I have the same parts fitted to my car
Regards Ashley Hinton

Attachments:
DSC01049.JPG    14.2 KB
DSC01049.JPG

DSC01469 (1).JPG    24.4 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
DSC00811.JPG    61.5 KB
DSC00813.JPG    64.4 KB
nonracer Gold Member Steve Codianni
AZ, USA   USA
Bill
I got one from Moss for my 62 its horrible, not even close to the shape of the original at the top , the basic tall rectangle shape is usable but I had to cut off the top and will have to remake it so it fits . Don’t know if the one for your year is better but maybe check with a different source . IMO

Annapolis, MD, USA   USA
Ashley, I already bought from Moss but will return if it dont fit well.
Steve, I wont be using the top part. I cut off before it, somewhere in the middle. Any way you could send me a picture of what moss sent you?

AZ, USA   USA
Bill
Mine is different since I have a side curtain car and a different windshield frame . Here are two not so great pictures . I don't have any pics of the finished install because is not finished yet .

Attachments:
IMG_0489.JPG    28.8 KB
IMG_0489.JPG

IMG_0490.JPG    26.5 KB
Perdido Avatar
Perdido Gold Member Rut Rutledge
Tuscaloosa, AL, USA   USA
Bill,
I bought a pair of Ashley Hinton’s A pillar skins and they fit well, but I cut the top off before the door curve. I used a flanger to make it fit under the original A pillar which helped alignment along the top portion and welded it in with a mig.
Rut

1960 Bugeye undergoing restoration, 1275
1970 MGB, Pale Primrose
1967 Triumph TR4a
1966 Triumph TR4a
When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down 'happy'. They told me I didn't understand the assignment, and I told them they didn't understand life. John Lennon

Annapolis, MD, USA   USA
Rut: I was using your thread on this as a guide. I cut in a similar place you did, I'm currentley waiting for the new panal to arrive. What holds it on at the bottom, does it weld onto the rocker somewhere? Also does the edge tword the door just roll over the inner part?
Thanks

AZ, USA   USA
In reply to # 3889419 by BillHoltzman Rut: I was using your thread on this as a guide. I cut in a similar place you did, I'm currentley waiting for the new panal to arrive. What holds it on at the bottom, does it weld onto the rocker somewhere? Also does the edge tword the door just roll over the inner part?
Thanks

The inner edge does roll over , that's going to be very difficult without making dents or kinks . The bottom attaches from the inside ( i think its impossible to get to from the outside ) there is a flat flange that sits on top of the rocker under the inner A pillar .

S1 Elan Kurt. Appley
Akron, Ia., USA   USA
Wanted to mention that though I can't speak about Ashley Hinton's A pillars exactly, that we are very lucky to have him supplying us some parts. He supply's quality.....something that is getting very hard to get find in other places now days.

No affiliation....just a careful observer.

Kurt

Perdido Avatar
Perdido Gold Member Rut Rutledge
Tuscaloosa, AL, USA   USA
The Steck seam busters and seam zipper are a couple of my favorite tools for this type of work. The zipper is cheap and easy to use and gives a dentless fold.
Rut
https://www.harborfreight.com/6-inch-jaw-straight-sheet-metal-seamer-98728.html?cid=paid_google%7C*PLA+-+All+Products+-+Lower+Sales+Items%7CNew+Products+-+%282%29+Price+%2410-30%7C98728&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&mkwid=s%7Cpcrid%7C318476002941%7Cpkw%7C%7Cpmt%7C%7Cpdv%7Ct%7Cslid%7C%7Cproduct%7C98728%7Cpgrid%7C63088204546%7Cptaid%7Cpla-297070674176%7C&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIzd2Q5JG54AIVAp6fCh3a2whNEAQYDiABEgK6sPD_BwE

https://www.tooldiscounter.com/ItemDisplay.cfm?lookup=STK21890&source=froogle&kw=STK21890&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIhNT1gJK54AIVksDICh2UNA7yEAQYFCABEgKac_D_BwE

1960 Bugeye undergoing restoration, 1275
1970 MGB, Pale Primrose
1967 Triumph TR4a
1966 Triumph TR4a
When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down 'happy'. They told me I didn't understand the assignment, and I told them they didn't understand life. John Lennon

PeterC Avatar
PeterC Platinum Member Peter Caldwell
Madison Wisconsin, USA   USA
In reply to # 3890656 by S1 Elan Wanted to mention that though I can't speak about Ashley Hinton's A pillars exactly, that we are very lucky to have him supplying us some parts. He supply's quality.....something that is getting very hard to get find in other places now days.

No affiliation....just a careful observer.

Kurt

I agree. Just wish he was not a free member here.......

Member Services:
Supplying New Old Stock parts for all imports. A LARGE quantity being loaded to our EBAY store stores.ebay.com/worldwideimportautoparts Rebuilding lever shock absorbers for British cars. (608) 223-9400 M-F 9-5 Central or parts@nosimport.com
littlecars Avatar
littlecars David Bassett
Nashville, TN, USA   USA
1965 Chevrolet Corvair "Ski Team Transport SOLD!"
1965 MG Midget MkII "Buffoon"
1966 MG Midget MkII "Swiss Cheese...SCRAPPED"
1970 Triumph Spitfire MkIII "Tamara's Turd... SOLD!!!"    & more
Steve Codianni. I think the A pillar pieces you got were always going to fit horribly for a 1962 at the top. They were designed for 1964 (non side curtain) and later cars at the cowl.

AZ, USA   USA
In reply to # 3890998 by littlecars Steve Codianni. I think the A pillar pieces you got were always going to fit horribly for a 1962 at the top. They were designed for 1964 (non side curtain) and later cars at the cowl.

Strange .........they do list different part numbers for side curtain and wind up window cars . I've never had good luck with aftermarket body panels fitting very well for any type of car , Ill just make the top piece its not that complicated

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster