AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Speedracer Avatar
Speedracer Platinum AdvertiserAdvertiser Hap Waldrop
Greenville, SC, USA   USA
1967 MG MGB Racecar "The Biscuit"
Order one of these for a out of the country customer, who we are building performance engine, complete SU carb assembly, and rear end housing for. The idea for him to get most of what he needs performance wise to finish his car and be able ship all at one time.

https://mossmotors.com/mg-midget-austin-healey-sprite/exhaust/exhaust-system/stainless-steel-sport-exhaust-1275

It is very impressive SS LCB header and complete exhaust system for not much more than just the Manifolw mild steel LCB header, much less the entire system. It is highly polished, looks great, well made, lots of nice touches like the stepped slip fit in the down pipes which allows installation without removing the steering column, which nicely held together with two springs, the band clamps are first class, the Muffler and pipes are highly polished, overall a very nice looking system.

Hap Waldrop
Acme Speed Shop
864-370-3000
hapwaldrop@acmespeedshop.com

Member Services:
MG/ Triumph Performance Street/Race Engines - Cylinder Head Porting - Modified SU HS Carbs - DIY Engine Rebuild Kits With Free Tech Advice - VTO alloy wheels for British Sport Cars, and others
Was this post helpful or interesting?
Yes No Thank
padutchmidget Richard W
Landisville, PA, USA   USA
Hap, I am curious does the tailpipe come straight out of the muffler or is it angled towards the center of the car to clear the over riders on the large bumper early 1275 cars?

. Hide this ad & support a small business by becoming a Gold Supporting Member
Yes No Thank
Speedracer Avatar
In reply to # 3903964 by padutchmidget Hap, I am curious does the tailpipe come straight out of the muffler or is it angled towards the center of the car to clear the over riders on the large bumper early 1275 cars?

Richard, if you look at the pic on the link you will see they angled it from the front tube pick up point. Moss made this header and exhaust from scratch, I was aware they were gonna to do this maybe 5 years ago, they picked my brain on this topic. So they put a lot of work into , including test fitting to a real car to get it right. Bottom line I don't think you could buy a better header, and complete exhaust system, and for sure, for upscale product, it is a deal when compared to Maniflow. And just so you know I would not even waste my time with a Monza or Pacesetter header, they don't flow as good as the stock ex.manifold, so in my mind there is only three headers to even look out Winners Circle LCB, Maniflow LCB (which both are mild steel) and the new Moss SS LCB. Now if we are talking racing , then you would include the Kirk Racing 3 into 1 as well.

Hap Waldrop
Acme Speed Shop
864-370-3000

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-07 06:04 AM by Speedracer.

Member Services:
MG/ Triumph Performance Street/Race Engines - Cylinder Head Porting - Modified SU HS Carbs - DIY Engine Rebuild Kits With Free Tech Advice - VTO alloy wheels for British Sport Cars, and others
Yes No Thank
Kerr Avatar
Kerr Platinum Member Norm Kerr
Ann Arbor, MI, USA   USA
it will be interesting to hear what folks think of it after fitting to a vehicle

the mini crowd often say that a stainless steel LCB header sounds too loud inside of the cabin, so they tend to stay with mild steel for that reason (and ceramic coat it for corrosion protection)

But, a mini is a closed cabin, compared with an open Midget which might not notice a difference as much.

N

Yes No Thank
GeorgeOhr Nonya Business
Yes, confused, USA   USA
If someone could just talk them into making or for the 1500 crowd I’d be the first in line to buy one. Lots of us 1500 guys out here.

+1 Yes No Thank
  trowe9 thanked GeorgeOhr for this post
jonbok Avatar
jonbok Silver Member Jon Bok
Los Angeles, CA, USA   USA
Is there any reason why that set-up couldn’t work with a 1098? (10CC)

Yes No Thank
refisk Avatar
refisk Rick Fisk
Frankenmuth, MI, USA   USA
It will work just fine on a 1098. thumbs up

In reply to # 3904246 by jonbok Is there any reason why that set-up couldn’t work with a 1098? (10CC)

Yes No Thank
padutchmidget Richard W
Landisville, PA, USA   USA
Hap,
My 71 had the factory two box (muffler) with the across the back muffler with the tailpipe exiting exiting on the passenger side. I am still running my stock manifold as the engine is still factory stock as far as I can tell anyway, sometimes I wonder about the cam? I purchased a Bell single box stainless system about a year ago but when I received the system the tailpipe was strange. The tailpipe came out of the muffler on a 30 or so degree angle towards the center of the car. When I inquired about this the sellers answer was it was like this to clear the drivers side rear bumper over rider on the 68 to 69 one piece large bumper 1275s. i have since had it cut off and welded on straight by a stainless guy but I was curios if the Moss system was the same or if it had the pipe coming straight out to fit a two box car like mine when converting to single. I looked at the photos on the Moss site and there is the angle on the muffler inlet pipe on the header system but I am not sure how that would look when installed. The stainless manifold system has the anled tailpipe from what I can see in the website photos. Thanks Rich

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-03-07 06:39 AM by padutchmidget.

Yes No Thank
TG2 Avatar
TG2 Tom Franco
Ridgefield, CT, USA   USA
This is so bizarre! I was just about to post the question as to what exhaust system to use on my souped up 1275. I will be dropping it into my ’66 Sprite this spring and I need a replacement for my JC Whitney header I installed in 1979 (I know, I know, I know, we all would put a JC Whitney header on our Mt. Rushmore of headers, call me crazy but it’s time to move on).

What do you think it sounds like?

I would still get this coated right? It’s stainless not chrome.

It’s in my Moss shopping cart as we write! And they have their deal going on.

Tom

Yes No Thank
Speedracer Avatar
Tom, no you don't have to coat SS.

Hap Waldrop
Acme Speed Shop
864-370-3000

Member Services:
Yes No Thank
TG2 Avatar
TG2 Tom Franco
Ridgefield, CT, USA   USA
Excellent thumbs up

Thanks Hap!

Yes No Thank
Richard D Avatar
Knoxville, TN, USA   USA
Good looking exhaust. Most all of the sport bikes now days have the slip joints with retaining springs.
Just curious, does the center header collector attach only at the manifold flange?

Yes No Thank
littlecars Avatar
littlecars David Bassett
Nashville, TN, USA   USA
1965 Chevrolet Corvair "Ski Team Transport SOLD!"
1965 MG Midget MkII "Buffoon"
1966 MG Midget MkII "Swiss Cheese...SCRAPPED"
1970 Triumph Spitfire MkIII "Tamara's Turd... SOLD!!!"    & more
Twenty-one lbs for $420? drinking smiley Holy smokes, I'm in! eye popping smiley I've been looking to swap out the factory lateral resonator with a straight pipe on my soon-to-no-longer-be original survivor 74 Midget.

Yes No Thank
AN5L8016 Avatar
AN5L8016 Mark Haynes
Nederland, CO, USA   USA
Would this be too large for a 948? I'd be worried about losing what little bottom end that I have...

'58 Bugeye
'05 Mini Cooper S

Yes No Thank
Speedracer Avatar
In reply to # 3904886 by Richard D Good looking exhaust. Most all of the sport bikes now days have the slip joints with retaining springs.
Just curious, does the center header collector attach only at the manifold flange?

Well it is attached at the other in by integral 2 into 1 collector. Not really sure what you are asking.

Hap Waldrop
Acme Speed Shop
864-370-3000

Member Services:
Yes No Thank

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster