AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

GreenBee Silver Member Daniel Sukel
Maplewood, NJ, USA   USA
1968 MG MGB "The "B"
1976 MG Midget 1500
76’ midget 1500. While addressing some rust issues on the lower portions of the two triangle supports, I’m going to pull the motor in the spring to get better access. While the motor is out, I’d be foolish not to replace the clutch as I know nothing about it’s past. Any recommendations as to anything else I should consider? Motor mounts look good at the moment. TIAwinking smiley

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
7F252FFC-4434-41C8-8421-4814D00661B9.jpeg    41.3 KB
7F252FFC-4434-41C8-8421-4814D00661B9.jpeg

24BEC22E-5203-4053-8DE7-16A615063745.jpeg    41.8 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
grichn Avatar
grichn Richard nicholson
crevillent, alicante, Spain   ESP
1976 MG Midget MkIII "The Shed"
1977 MG Midget MkIII
At that age the car should have the engine mounts replaced, makes sense while you are at it and costs very little.
Regards
Richard

ice Avatar
ice Gold Member Larry Ice
Lawrenceville, GA, USA   USA
Agree with Richard, easy to replace motor mounts when the engine is removed. They will need it even if they look good.

Iceman

Atlanta GA

60 AH MK1
62 AH MKII
67 Midget
71 Midget

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Tom Johnson Tom J
Monroeville, USA   USA
I went with a Borg & Beck clutch kit I got on ebay. You can get cheaper kits but I have always read good things about Borg & Beck.

Tom Johnson

jmac Avatar
jmac Platinum AdvertiserAdvertiser Jere McSparran
Greenup, IL, USA   USA
1971 MG Midget "Joy Ride"
1978 MG Midget "Therapy"
1978 MG Midget "(SOLD)"
How's your engine running? Is it leaking oil? Are you burning oil? If you are all good with these 3 questions then I would do as the others suggest. If you are having problems with any of the questions it is a good time to take care of those things while the engine is out.

JMac
JMAC Engine Shop
http://www.jmacengineshop.com

Member Services:
Midget/Spitfire 1500 engine rebuilding.
GreenBee Silver Member Daniel Sukel
Maplewood, NJ, USA   USA
1968 MG MGB "The "B"
1976 MG Midget 1500
Jere ,
Engine has good compression and oil pressure. It doesn’t burn any oil. Will pick up a new set of motor mounts. winking smiley

capnkx Avatar
capnkx nathan c
Albuquerque, NM, USA   USA
There are a few bushings in the clutch linkage inside the bell housing you should maybe replace. They are cheap and easy to do while you're in there.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster