The all-new Front Page News Feed is now live   Read the announcement
MGExp

MG Midget Forum

Can anyone use two of these '71 Sprite/Midget Wheels?

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Abington, PA, USA   USA
1976 MG Midget MkIV "Rodney"
Hi all,

Does anyone need two of these older Ro-Style wheels? Rick Fisk identified them yesterday as only available back in 1971 on Sprites and Midgets, so we guess they are rather rare. I have a 76 Midget with the standard Ro-style wheels most of us have on later Midgets. Back in 1977, my Dad brought these home from some junk yard as he thought they matched my Midget's wheels. They didn't. I wound up putting 145SR13 German Metzeler snow tires on them as the car was my daily commuter back then. The snow tires are still on them and the rims are painted black. I'd be happy to trade these two for two of my regular Ro-style wheels (see below). I live just outside Philadelphia, so I hope someone in my region might be able trade. If not, they'll just stay in my garage as emergency spare wheels.

Regards,

Richard

. Hide this ad & support a small business by becoming a Gold Supporting Member

Attachments:
MG MIdget Wheel Pix.jpg    19.8 KB
MG MIdget Wheel Pix.jpg

'76 Midget Wheel.jpg    31.6 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
Was this post helpful or interesting?
Yes No Thank
Mark NC Gold Member Mark Woolf
Charlotte, NC, USA   USA
That's a deal for someone. The '71 only wheels are hard to find. IF, I was closer AND I had any later Midget Rostyles, I'd jump on them.

As Mark Twain stated:
“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.”

Yes No Thank
200mph Avatar
200mph Platinum Member Mike Joy
Winston-Salem, NC, USA   USA
Richard,

The "type 1" ROstyles were used on the first two years of the "facelift" Midgets, model years 1970 and 1971.

The later ROstyle wheel was used beginning with the RWA Midgets, MY 1972, through the end of production.

All ROstyles are 13 x 4 1/2, and will fit any year Midget.

MG drivers outlook:

. . . . . "Anyone driving slower than your MG is a MORON, and anyone who passes you is a FREAKING IDIOT!". . . George Carlin

Yes No Thank
Abington, PA, USA   USA
1976 MG Midget MkIV "Rodney"
Hi Guys and Thanks,

I just thought that somewhere out there someone is probably hoping to find a couple of these. I sure do wish Dad had taken all of them from whatever junk yard he got them from in '77. I posted it on my two local MG club sites in Eastern PA, but they seem more like social clubs than serious car guys, and also seem to look down on Midgets since they only list "Ts", "As", "Bs" and "Cs" as subchapters. I'm more of a garage guy than a buffet guy, and events and dinners seems to be what they do most. So it goes. I'd sure like to have 2 more later wheels as spares, and/or 3 more of those square hole ones for a full set.

Much Thanks,

Richard

PS: By the way Mark, what year car do you have?

Yes No Thank

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1971 MG MGB

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links