AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Cooper101 Avatar
Cooper101 John Williams
Wilton, NY, USA   USA
1976 MG Midget 1500 "007"
Hey there, I picked up a '72 Midget while at a parts salvage yard (looking for parts for another vehicle) I saw this white midget. I have a'76 for a driver. It had sharp wheels and the chrome bumpers. My thoughts where to disassemble the car but by nut and bolt by bolt and screw by screw to really learn these cars. Planing to keep any good parts (for resale) pull the motor/trainee And put on a stand. I know it's a 1200 not a 1500 motor, but similar non-the-less and a great learning tool. I have a few books/manuals, but hands on is still the best way to learn. And if I'm able to sell a few parts to cover the $100 purchase of the '72 then it's all good.
I've included a picture of my teacher.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
20190208_161603.jpg    41.9 KB
20190208_161603.jpg

20190208_161553.jpg    44.1 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
20190108_143912.jpg    46.6 KB
20190208_161631.jpg    39 KB
ken472 Avatar
ken472 Ken Petersen
Luverne, MN, USA   USA
Wish I could find one like that. If you are not going to use the trans or it is bad I could you the speedo gear and assembly off the side of the tranny. Happy learning!

Cooper101 Avatar
Cooper101 John Williams
Wilton, NY, USA   USA
1976 MG Midget 1500 "007"
Sure, all those kinda parts I’d be happy to pass on to members who are in need. This forum has helped me put the ‘76 back together. I’m sure you probably have helped me with a question I posted in the past.
I’d be happy to set you up.
Just give me your info, and part wanted, I’ll let you know
Pulling motor & trainie tomorrow.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
ken472 Avatar
ken472 Ken Petersen
Luverne, MN, USA   USA
PM sent

littlecars Avatar
littlecars David Bassett
Nashville, TN, USA   USA
1965 Chevrolet Corvair "Ski Team Transport SOLD!"
1965 MG Midget MkII "Buffoon"
1966 MG Midget MkII "Swiss Cheese...SCRAPPED"
1970 Triumph Spitfire MkIII "Tamara's Turd... SOLD!!!"    & more
Well worth the $100 spent on the car. How is the windshield?

My first Midget came to me almost like an unassembled model kit. The previous owner meticulously bagged/boxed everything up and most major components were separate from the shell. I learned a lot by returning everything to the car. In the end, I think I only had a couple items where I couldn't figure out their application.

refisk Avatar
refisk Rick Fisk
Frankenmuth, MI, USA   USA
David,

You need to buy this kind of kit. Much easier to keep the parts organized.

In reply to # 3889833 by littlecars My first Midget came to me almost like an unassembled model kit. The previous owner meticulously bagged/boxed everything up and most major components were separate from the shell. I learned a lot by returning everything to the car. In the end, I think I only had a couple items where I couldn't figure out their application.

Attachments:
2B4F6A03-8831-4461-B905-3C11FC387C0F.jpeg    60.7 KB
2B4F6A03-8831-4461-B905-3C11FC387C0F.jpeg

Richard D Avatar
Knoxville, TN, USA   USA
In reply to # 3889839 by refisk David,

You need to buy this kind of kit. Much easier to keep the parts organized.

In reply to # 3889833 by littlecars My first Midget came to me almost like an unassembled model kit. The previous owner meticulously bagged/boxed everything up and most major components were separate from the shell. I learned a lot by returning everything to the car. In the end, I think I only had a couple items where I couldn't figure out their application.

<laffin>

Chas 906 Avatar
Chas 906 Chuck Peterson
Iron Mountain, MI, USA   USA
1961 MG Midget MkI "Little Red Rider"
You are a hoot Rick! Good buy John!!

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster