1500 electrical issues

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Bills542003 Bill Snyder
Hendersonville, NC, USA   USA
Mywife’s 1976 Midget is having electrical issues. Replaced ignition switch, turn signal switch, emergency flasher switch, wiper switch and fuse box. But turn signals, tachometer, wipers do not work. Any ideas?

Bill
Bills542003@gmail.com

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
grichn Avatar
grichn Richard nicholson
crevillent, alicante, Spain   ESP
1976 MG Midget MkIII "The Shed"
1977 MG Midget MkIII
If you still have glass fuses then the clips that hold the fuses tend to relax after time.

I think that the third fuse down from the top is not being gripped enough. Squeeze the grips at each end of the fuse so that the fuse is firmly held and you should have a result! Let me know!
Kind regards
Richard in sunny Spain

Abington, PA, USA   USA
1976 MG Midget MkIV "Rodney"
Hello Bill,

Check out he 19776 Midget wiring diagrams I've attached. I have a '76. I posted these awhile ago on the Forum, but you may have missed it. I'm the original owner with an original shop manual so I had the diagrams blown up and laminated so I can read and use them more easily. Check out your wiring, and you may find the issue.

Bests,

Richard

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
1976 US MG Midget Wiring Diagram.jpeg    44.2 KB
1976 US MG Midget Wiring Diagram.jpeg

1976 US MG Midget Wiring Diagram Key.jpeg    29.3 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster