AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

B-racer Avatar
B-racer Jeff Schlemmer
Shakopee, MN, USA   USA
1950 Willys Jeep Pickup "Ratrod"
1971 MG MGB
2014 Dodge Charger
Has anyone played with these? I have one in the shop right now, and its seems they are easily run in a RWD platform, and fairly compact. Roughly 23" long, 24" tall, and failry easy to get over 200 hp, potential for a lot more if you find a good core with a forged crank, steel block, and potentially even a turbo manifold. Around here low mileage cores are under $200.

jeff@advanceddistributors.com

. Hide this ad & support a small business by becoming a Gold Supporting Member
Was this post helpful or interesting?
Yes No Thank
V8MGBV8 Avatar
V8MGBV8 Carl Floyd
Kingsport, TN, USA   USA
britcars Avatar
britcars Phil Ossinger
Fredericton, NB, Canada   CAN
I've often thought about a VW/Audi vr6 in an MGB. Strong engine with lots of ability to make more power if you really wanted it. Here's one in a Sunbeam Alpine.

Adventure before Dementia.
The older you get, the more important it is not to act your age.

Yes No Thank
B-racer Avatar
B-racer Jeff Schlemmer
Shakopee, MN, USA   USA
1971 MG MGB
2014 Dodge Charger
I'm not sure what it weighs. Its a small engine, with an alloy head, 2.5L, so I suspect about the same as a B motor with an iron head, maybe a little less. If it doesn't upset the handling of a Beetle, I suspect the ample power gain would offset any weight discrepancies in a B.

Yes No Thank
Mustangsix Avatar
Mustangsix Gold Member Jack Collins
Orlando, FL, USA   USA
A couple of years ago one of my engineers put a VR6 into a 350Z. It was a trubocharged beast when he got done. He started with a Nissan manual trans but eventually the thing turned inot a dedicated drag car and he added a built up turbo 400. The adapters he designed worked very well and if you're interested I can put you two in touch with each other. I think the VR6 and the Five-banger are related and may have the same bell pattern.

Check out https://my350z.com/forum/forced-induction/570751-turbo-vr6-in-350z.html

BTW, he also was the same guy who was transplanting VR6 engines into DeLoreans,

Member Services:
Ceres Motorsports specializes in the repair, restoration, and customization of classic British cars including MG, Triumph, and many other makes.
Yes No Thank
B-racer Avatar
B-racer Jeff Schlemmer
Shakopee, MN, USA   USA
1971 MG MGB
2014 Dodge Charger
While the bellhousing pattern is the same, the engine is actually half of a Gallardo V10. We partially dismantled one last night and it looks like a great potential option. There are some simple intake and cam upgrades that can be made for significant power gains. Forged cranks are $700 new if you want to add loads of boost and can't find a forged core, which were widely used and not very difficult to source.

Yes No Thank

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster