Visit our Twitter feed for more great content
MGExp

MG Engine Swaps Forum

Rover V8 plenum, fuel rail and fuel line ??? Sorted!

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

MGB567 Avatar
MGB567 Gold Member Barrie Braxton
Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia   AUS
1966 MG MGB MkI "Money Guzzler"
1979 MG MGB GT V8 Conversion "Darkside"
Maybe I should put this on the Landy forum but I'll try you guys first. Because parts seem to be NLA the following numbers aren't hot. So using the diagram below do you know what they are/do? 15,16 & 27 - yes the latter's a hose but what's its purpose.

Bottom right of pic2 is the fuel rail nut which has an internal thread but what size/type is it? Doesn't matter as I've replaced it.

The ID of the fuel rail inlet (where that nut is) is 6mm. I want to use Speedflow 200 PTFE for the line but the ID choices are 4.75mm (-04) or 7.95mm (-06). Which ID would you use? Doesn't matter as I need -06 for fuel pump and I'm not going to step it down.

Convertible: CKD 11/66 first registered 8/5/67. Owned since 3/77. 90% original sheet metal. 18GB +40 balanced with almost all new internals. Peter Burgess big valve fast road head. Piper 285. Fidanza FW. Basil's followers and pushrods. TR7clutch. TT exhaust. ARP everywhere. 123 ign. Needham 4synchro c/r box.. Stock rebuilt/replaced suspension. Superpro bushes. New brakes all round including all pipes in SS flex. Interior redone. CAMS approved roll bar and side bars. Lots more. Hybrid of o/e and show/fast road car. Not for sale - it's my toy!

GT: UK car built/sold December '78. Stripped back to bare shell with VW Golf flared guards, flush fit front and rear valances with front guards immovable. Front and rear seams removed,Torana XU1 vents, frenched indicators front & Mk1 rear lights. Powered by 'worked' Rover 5 litre V8 (ex TVR Chimaera) with efi. T5 box. FC IFS. CCE rear attached to Salisbury axle with Quaife. All new interior with MrMikes covers on MX5 seats. Retro4 7x15 rims (zero offset) and 205/55 rubber. Colour: Jaguar Storm. Not for sale - it's my sanity!

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-07 01:23 AM by MGB567.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
rover plenum1.jpg    34.4 KB
rover plenum1.jpg

fuelrail.jpg    27.2 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
mstemp Avatar
mstemp Silver Member Mike Stemp
Calgary, AB, Canada   CAN
15 idle air control valve. GM part is usable.
16 chamber that lets the metered air into the intake for IACV
17 hose bringing air around the butterfly valve into intake so IACV can function.

Simon Austin Avatar
#15 also known as the stepper motor. Used to control idle speed. I swapped this on my RV8 a few times. I purchased it locally. I think I even have an old one around here.

https://www.amazon.ca/ACDelco-217-437-Original-Equipment-Injection/dp/B000C9LBHK

"Speed costs........how fast you want to spend?"

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1970 MG MGB MkII

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links