AutoShrine Sponsor

theonlyiceman53 Avatar
theonlyiceman53 Bill Russell
FL, USA   USA
1968 MG MGB
1974 MG MGB "Frankenstien"
1977 MG MGB "Wicked"
Hey Rich,
Sounds like you need a pick me up! Get on out in that bad ass car and burn some tires! That will lift your spirits! Time will cure your blues.

I haven't turned a wrench on mine it over two weeks. Work has been crazy and I'm greedy so it's been non stop. Good thing is my work isn't significantly different than my hobby!
Cheers
Bill

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
madman Avatar
madman Rich c
Edg, FL, USA   USA
I also put a new distributor in the car...…….once again its a cheapo version of a hei. distributor. but in its defense I can actually start the car now wen its hot. motor is running the best so far, lets see how long this lasts. you might say why you keep buying the cheap shit you complain about, well I did not buy this one it sorta came my way and who knows...…..it might be good. ha.

slightly modified Avatar
slightly modified Silver Member Chuck Royer
Hayward, CA, USA   USA
1964 MG MGB "SLIGHTLY MODIFIED"
Hey Rich, I agree with Bill, get out and drive it. I have parts and stuff to do to mine, but it's turn key at the moment so weather permitting I try and get a couple hours a week in it, helps my head every time even if I'm just growling around town.---------------------------------------------Chuck

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
madman Avatar
madman Rich c
Edg, FL, USA   USA
the lil death trap is runnin really good, seems it likes this colder fla. weather. also more fun to drive wen your not being slow roasted by the sun whilst you drive...…..ha.

madman Avatar
madman Rich c
Edg, FL, USA   USA
soooooooooo been out enjoying the lil death trap and all of a sudden car starts runnin real hot and I notice my voltmeter is at 12 volts, so I make it back to the workshop and check things out. I notice the alternator is not sittin right and the belt is real loose, bingo the long bolt that goes into the head which helps holding on the alternator SNAPPED flush with the head, always something to ruin your day. needles to say I was pissed and the best course of action was to walk away. after my blood pressure dropped to below giving meself a stroke level I thought it through, take off alternator get out the angle drill, my trusty left hand drill bit and drill it out to use my easy outs, well low and behold my left hand bit is not to be found, ok just get a new one. have you ever tried to explain wut a left hand drill bit is to some moronic person workin in wut they call now a hardware store??????? needless to say I had to order one from Fastenal and ill have it by Tuesday.....oh goody.

twentyover Avatar
twentyover Greg Fast
Lives in SoCal, Resides in the Burbs of Detroit MI, USA   USA
Like my mom, Hanna Anna Rosanadanna said-
"It's always something"

V8MGBV8 Avatar
V8MGBV8 Carl Floyd
Kingsport, TN, USA   USA
Was Roseanne her sister?

twentyover Avatar
twentyover Greg Fast
Lives in SoCal, Resides in the Burbs of Detroit MI, USA   USA
Daughter

slightly modified Avatar
slightly modified Silver Member Chuck Royer
Hayward, CA, USA   USA
1964 MG MGB "SLIGHTLY MODIFIED"
Hey Rich, you have my sympathy, I've broken the one off in my intake manifold, messed the helicoil install up (crooked), now have a bracket (steel) that holds my alternator. Keep on pluggin'------------------------Chuck

billymgb1000 Avatar
billymgb1000 Silver Member william gaulin
harrisville, harrisville RI, USA   USA
1973 MG MGB
1974 MG MGB V8 Conversion "Sweet Thing"
Hey Rich, You know what really sucks about your situation, You will find your left handed drill bit wednesday. I know cause it always happens that way to me. Good luck brother.

madman Avatar
madman Rich c
Edg, FL, USA   USA
don't I know it.....ha.

madman Avatar
madman Rich c
Edg, FL, USA   USA
sooooo I went to pick up my left hand drill bit yesterday and low and behold brain damage got me again...…..ordered the wrong size 5/64ths instead of 9/64ths. I guess im just gonna do it the old fashioned way. but heres wut gets to me.....I have a screw extractor set with 4 sizes and comes with drill bits but the bits are right hand twist, you would think the cheap bastards would put left hand twist in the set, after all that's the direction your goin in any way...….just cant win.

madman Avatar
madman Rich c
Edg, FL, USA   USA
the lil death trap is up and running, broke a few bits trying to drill out the busted bolt but its done and I gotta say that harbor freight angle drill attachment saved the day and did the job. oh goody.

madman Avatar
madman Rich c
Edg, FL, USA   USA
well to all fellow darksiders…….hope you all have a happy holiday season, stay well and see ya all next year.

madman Avatar
madman Rich c
Edg, FL, USA   USA
soooooooo took the car out today to show it to someone who might be interested in it, car ran fine getting there, took the guy for a good cruise car ran fine, I go to start the car to go home and car wont start......battery crapped out. call my buddy for a jump car rolls over but wont start. rather then going on and on I ended up having to have it towed home. I guess the car got pissed off at me for trying to sell it. well now it pissed me off and im done with it, for who ever is interested everything is now for sale...…...the car, the parts car, the spare motor, spare trans, all of it. besides its time to move on to other things. money talks bs. walks.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster