moldings

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

berry 1959 Luigi B
SANTENA, Piemonte, Italy   ITA
hello how to remove the side moldings of my MG B of 62 and how do they get back? .. thanks

. Hide this ad & support a small business by becoming a Gold Supporting Member
Was this post helpful or interesting?
Yes No Thank
V8MGBV8 Avatar
V8MGBV8 Carl Floyd
Kingsport, TN, USA   USA
In reply to # 3907251 by berry 1959 hello how to remove the side moldings of my MG B of 62 and how do they get back? .. thanks

You will get better response to this question over at the main MGB & GT Forum.

Yes No Thank
allanreeling ALLAN R
RANDLAY, TELFORD, Shropshire, UK   GBR
You can tell where the clips/pop rivets are by seeing where the moulding is tight against the bodywork. The very front, very back and middle of the door are held in place by a 10 x 32 unf screw and nut. (Usually?? Sometimes more screws are used!)
Remove the nuts. The other clips can be released by applying downward pressure above the clip, with the palm of your hand, whilst pulling out the bottom of the SS strip. If that doesn't work, protect the paint with tape and tap the moulding down with a block of wood and hammer, working from one end to the other.

soonerv8

+1 Yes No Thank
berry 1959 Luigi B
really very kind, thanks for everything and sorry english

Yes No Thank
V8MGBV8 Avatar
V8MGBV8 Carl Floyd
Kingsport, TN, USA   USA
Your English is fine. thumbs up

Yes No Thank
ex-tyke Avatar
ex-tyke Graham Creswick
Chatham, ON, Canada   CAN
1976 MG MGB
Quote: Your English is fine. thumbs up
Yep..it's better than Carl's grinning smiley

+1 Yes No Thank
  Rufus thanked ex-tyke for this post
MGB567 Avatar
MGB567 Gold Member Barrie Braxton
Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia   AUS
1966 MG MGB MkI "Money Guzzler"
1979 MG MGB GT V8 Conversion "Darkside"
As noted over on the B & GT forum is a better place to ask but an even better place to ask is Google. For instance I asked Google "removing mgb mouldings" and the 1st hit was this. There are other discussions, tips and suggestions you could read and if your Google works like mine then an Italian translation should be available.

Convertible: CKD 11/66 first registered 8/5/67. Owned since 3/77. 90% original sheet metal. 18GB +40 balanced with almost all new internals. Peter Burgess big valve fast road head. Piper 285. Fidanza FW. Basil's followers and pushrods. TR7clutch. TT exhaust. ARP everywhere. 123 ign. Needham 4synchro c/r box.. Stock rebuilt/replaced suspension. Superpro bushes. New brakes all round including all pipes in SS flex. Interior redone. CAMS approved roll bar and side bars. Lots more. Hybrid of o/e and show/fast road car. Not for sale - it's my toy!

GT: UK car built/sold December '78. Stripped back to bare shell with VW Golf flared guards, flush fit front and rear valances with front guards immovable. Front and rear seams removed,Torana XU1 vents, frenched indicators front & Mk1 rear lights. Powered by 'worked' Rover 5 litre V8 (ex TVR Chimaera) with efi. T5 box. FC IFS. CCE rear attached to Salisbury axle with Quaife. All new interior with MrMikes covers on MX5 seats. Retro4 7x15 rims (zero offset) and 205/55 rubber. Colour: Jaguar Storm. Not for sale - it's my sanity!

+1 Yes No Thank
  berry 1959 thanked MGB567 for this post
berry 1959 Luigi B
grazie

Yes No Thank
MGB567 Avatar
Prego smiling smiley

Convertible: CKD 11/66 first registered 8/5/67. Owned since 3/77. 90% original sheet metal. 18GB +40 balanced with almost all new internals. Peter Burgess big valve fast road head. Piper 285. Fidanza FW. Basil's followers and pushrods. TR7clutch. TT exhaust. ARP everywhere. 123 ign. Needham 4synchro c/r box.. Stock rebuilt/replaced suspension. Superpro bushes. New brakes all round including all pipes in SS flex. Interior redone. CAMS approved roll bar and side bars. Lots more. Hybrid of o/e and show/fast road car. Not for sale - it's my toy!

GT: UK car built/sold December '78. Stripped back to bare shell with VW Golf flared guards, flush fit front and rear valances with front guards immovable. Front and rear seams removed,Torana XU1 vents, frenched indicators front & Mk1 rear lights. Powered by 'worked' Rover 5 litre V8 (ex TVR Chimaera) with efi. T5 box. FC IFS. CCE rear attached to Salisbury axle with Quaife. All new interior with MrMikes covers on MX5 seats. Retro4 7x15 rims (zero offset) and 205/55 rubber. Colour: Jaguar Storm. Not for sale - it's my sanity!

Yes No Thank
berry 1959 Luigi B
thank you very much for the very useful informative brochure, you know how many plates with dice there are for each molding if one or two at the ends and only one on the door? thanks for your time .. hello

Yes No Thank
V8MGBV8 Avatar
V8MGBV8 Carl Floyd
Kingsport, TN, USA   USA
In reply to # 3907390 by ex-tyke
Quote: Your English is fine. thumbs up
Yep..it's better than Carl's grinning smiley

Hey, y'all!!

Yes No Thank
MGB567 Avatar
In reply to # 3907894 by berry 1959 thank you very much for the very useful informative brochure, you know how many plates with dice there are for each molding if one or two at the ends and only one on the door? thanks for your time .. hello

I think you mean clips and rivets?? Anyway click on #11 here - that's the fitting kit. Whilst you can use your own rivets the round clips are unique to fit the mouldings so if you can't reuse your old ones you need these.

Yes No Thank
berry 1959 Luigi B
thank you very much for your interest, I meant anglo parts kit 11 ... there are 50 rivets and 6 small plates with nuts .... so I think there are only 1 flat with molding nut and this is much simpler. .confirm? .. thanks for everything and have a good day.

Yes No Thank
MGB567 Avatar
I'm not sure what you're asking. In #3 Allan explained how each mould is attached normally. If you click on #21 in my link you'll see 6 are needed - 1 per mould.

Yes No Thank
berry 1959 Luigi B
I asked myself this ... ok 1 for booulding + 1 for door .... thank you friend ... hello

Yes No Thank

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster