MG Engine Swaps Forum

MG motor in motorcycle

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Cocoa, FL, USA   USA
Just curious,this is going the other direction but has anybody installed an MG motor in a different vehicle like a motorcycle or boat,airplane? I know somebody that put a motorcycle motor in a Midgett.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
britcars Avatar
britcars Phil Ossinger
Fredericton, NB, Canada   CAN
Why go just half way? There are some bikes with big block/small block Chevs and flat head Fords as well.
http://www.v8wizard.com/photo_gallery/sidewinder_v8.php

Adventure before Dementia.
The older you get, the more important it is not to act your age.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-02 10:30 PM by britcars.

V8MGBV8 Avatar
V8MGBV8 Carl Floyd
Kingsport, TN, USA   USA
I can't think of one single good reason to put an MG engine in a motorcycle, boat, or airplane. Now, an aluminum V8, well, it has been done in all three.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
mgv8glen Avatar
mgv8glen Gold Member Glenn Towery
Dover, DE, USA   USA
I had a man show up at my shop & wanted to put a MGB engine in his boat & I looked at and said what the H!!L for? Anchor, what else?

mgbgts Avatar
mgbgts Rob Meier
Johnstown Ohio, USA   USA
Locally there was a lawnmower with an A-series in it from a Mini used for pushing a race car at the track

mgm1967 Avatar
mgm1967 Silver Member Mike Melton
West Memphis, USA   USA
Some people just think outside the block.

dcraddock43 Gold Member Dave Craddock
Redford (Detroit), Mi., USA   USA
Y up, that would be a quantom waste of time me thinks !
Dave

Member Services:
Preform Resources,Inc./Dave Craddock, MGB composite parts, body kits ,front and rear valances, stock and RV-8 bolt on hoods ,many spridget parts as well. composite parts that FIT! 313-533-2457 http://preformresources.com/ preres@sbcglobal.net
BillHoltzman Bill Holtzman
Annapolis, MD, USA   USA
I know somebody who put a fiat 1800 engine and transmission on a 17 foot boat back in the 70s. Blew it up after trying to reach 30 mph

Cocoa, FL, USA   USA
I know Porsche also made tractors,maby an MG engine would be good for that.

BMC Avatar
BMC Gold Member Brian Mc Cullough
Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA   USA
I saw a "doodlebug" with a mini 850cc engine/gearbox in it. They welded the differential, had a 4 speed gearbox behind the rear shaft (turned north/south) and a drive off the front for the blade or whatever else they wanted to use on it. It had 8 forward gears and they could plow a field with it, use it for pushing snow and all kinds of things. It was pretty neat. They wanted $300 for it but we just didn't have the space. Old farmer- had no money but a great imagination.

-BMC.

Member Services:
Minnesota's only Fully Dedicated British Classic only shop providing Professional Restoration & Services & Specialty Products including- proper L.E.D. tail lights, Wiring looms and Engine and five speed Conversion Kits
Mustangsix Avatar
Mustangsix Gold Member Jack Collins
Orlando, FL, USA   USA
I've owned whole motorcycles that weighed less than a B-series engine. And they had more hp, too.

Member Services:
Ceres Motorsports specializes in the repair, restoration, and customization of classic British cars including MG, Triumph, and many other makes.
mgm1967 Avatar
West Memphis, USA   USA
I wonder if anyone ever put a Honda CX500 engine in a car. Seems to have plenty of power!

NOHOME P P
O, ON, Canada   CAN
1967 MG MGB GT "Maggie (GT From Hell)"
The one and only redeeming value that the B series engine had was that it was available to the MG designers when they were building the car as a lowest cost option. As much as I detest the engine design, I console myself that had it not been siting on the shelf already, we might not have ever had an MGB.

Pete

Jim Blackwood Avatar
Jim Blackwood * BlownMGB-V8
Gunpowder Rd, Florence, KY, USA   USA
The B series isn't a bad engine... for a forklift.

Jim

mgm1967 Avatar
West Memphis, USA   USA
I'd hate to be on a forklift at 107 MPH!!!

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster