Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

mster50 Silver Member Mike Sterling/A
Zanesville, OH, USA   USA
1980 MG MGB
In the dirt car world, the racers I hung with would tell a master cylinder manufacture the caliper used and rotor dia. and car weight we were using and the pedal measurements. We would measure the pedal length and distance from pedal pivot to master cylinder push rod. We would also give them a driver preference regarding feel, hard, medium, soft. They would recommend a master cylinder diameter and brake line size. I don't remember them being wrong.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
mgbgts Avatar
mgbgts Rob Meier
Johnstown Ohio, USA   USA
I hosted a tech session for my local club, taking a little time away from the project to clean the shop. I've been a bit schizophrenic on it since, messing with various bits mostly prepping for the next steps. I cleaned up the bumper mounts taken from the parts car as well as the inner front fenders and started striping away the edges of the old floors that I left when I cut them out.
After some time thinking about engine mounts, looking at the inner fenders to decide what I'm gonna use and not use, plus how to go about the rust repairs and reshaping, I started the rust repair on the left side

Attachments:
IMG_0388.JPG    40.6 KB
IMG_0388.JPG

IMG_0389.JPG    39.4 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
Bill Greenwood Avatar
Gahanna, OH, USA   USA
Rob,

1 piece or 2?
Great work regardless.

Bill.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
mgbgts Avatar
mgbgts Rob Meier
2 pieces, the top has a slight arc where the fender bolts on and I needed to shrink it so it's split through the hole.
I started re-shaping it to fit the rails.

Attachments:
IMG_0390.JPG    43.5 KB
IMG_0390.JPG

mgbgts Avatar
mgbgts Rob Meier
The left inner fender is all tacked together ready for final welding. I'll wait until I get the other side this far before I finish welding. It should make it a bit easier to duplicate what I did on this side seeing my cut lines.
The second pic is the new one along side the original one I cut out of the car for reference as to how much it changed.

Attachments:
IMG_0391.JPG    37.2 KB
IMG_0391.JPG

IMG_0392.JPG    37.9 KB
mgbgts Avatar
mgbgts Rob Meier
Not a big update this week. Getting some prep work done for the rocker replacement on the left side

Attachments:
IMG_0385.JPG    37.4 KB
IMG_0385.JPG

IMG_0395.JPG    46.6 KB

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster