Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

NOHOME P P
O, ON, Canada   CAN
1967 MG MGB GT "Maggie (GT From Hell)"
Should have some Fitech feedback this summer. Looking forward to turning the key.

Pete

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
britcars Avatar
britcars Phil Ossinger
Fredericton, NB, Canada   CAN
I installed a FiTech last summer to replace the 500cfm Edelbrock on my 3.5 Rover. Instant startup after I programed the initial parameters. Always had surging issues at around town speeds and vapour lock after being parked for a while. The Fitech cured those problems and gave me much better roll-on power, discernible better acceleration and the feeling of more horsepower/torque. Seemed to improve after just a few short drives which I attribute to the self learning. Haven't checked fuel mileage though.

Adventure before Dementia.
The older you get, the more important it is not to act your age.

nonracer Gold Member Steve Codianni
AZ, USA   USA
In reply to # 3887942 by NOHOME Should have some Fitech feedback this summer. Looking forward to turning the key.

Pete

Looks familiar cool smiley

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
IMG_5136.JPG    63.5 KB
IMG_5136.JPG

ex-tyke Avatar
ex-tyke Graham Creswick
Chatham, ON, Canada   CAN
1976 MG MGB
Looks familiar x2 grinning smiley

Attachments:
FITech 1.jpg    53.5 KB
FITech 1.jpg

clinghoffer Gold Member Clinton P
Port Washington, WI, USA   USA
How are you setting up your fueling systems? I see the FITech Command center is out of stock - and someone said they had issues. I liked the idea of having the surge tank with pump.

ex-tyke Avatar
ex-tyke Graham Creswick
1976 MG MGB
I opted for a TanksInc PA-2 in-tank pump....a bit more work but quieter and more reliable. Have added an access panel in the trunk floor and the cover is hidden underneath the spare tire, so not visible.

Attachments:
20181121_180041_001 (2).jpg    87.1 KB
20181121_180041_001 (2).jpg

20181122_143142.jpg    28.7 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
clinghoffer Gold Member Clinton P
Port Washington, WI, USA   USA
Did you have to add spacers between the tank and floor, or was there enough room? It appears that also has the fitting for the return line.

ex-tyke Avatar
ex-tyke Graham Creswick
1976 MG MGB
No fuel tank spacers - the pump cover plate/fittings protrude slightly through the trunk floor opening.
The piping is essentially nestled between the floor ribbing, so essentially flat - with a carpet cover, one doesn't see the plumbing.
Final photo w/spare in place - not losing tank-to-ground clearance and accessability to pump in case of failure was a priority for designing this way.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-09 12:57 PM by ex-tyke.

Attachments:
20181123_151033.jpg    38.3 KB
20181123_151033.jpg

20181209_114536.jpg    48.5 KB
20190209_134157.jpg    35.3 KB
NOHOME P P
O, ON, Canada   CAN
1967 MG MGB GT "Maggie (GT From Hell)"

Not mine, but curious how it will work out. Looks to be on a DGV manifold.

Pete

nonracer Gold Member Steve Codianni
AZ, USA   USA
In reply to # 3888475 by clinghoffer How are you setting up your fueling systems? I see the FITech Command center is out of stock - and someone said they had issues. I liked the idea of having the surge tank with pump.

I set up all my FI systems with an in tank pump , since I live where its extremely hot I prefer not to have an external pump . I like the idea of a surge tank if its a last resort although it makes servicing very easy if needed. You still need a pump to feed the surge tank which is just another part that can fail .

B-racer Avatar
B-racer Jeff Schlemmer
Shakopee, MN, USA   USA
1950 Willys Jeep Pickup "Ratrod"
1971 MG MGB ~ For Sale ! ~
2014 Dodge Charger
This was my first FiTech install on and Olds 350.
Use the in-tank pump. The Fuel Commander is problematic, to be nice. Check out Tanks Inc in Iowa for a tank adapter and good pumps. Their tank rollover valve is exceptional as well.

jeff@advanceddistributors.com

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-11 09:53 AM by B-racer.

Attachments:
fitech olds.JPG    57.7 KB
fitech olds.JPG

Paul755 Paul H
Fairfax, VA, USA   USA
1974 MG MGB MkIII
1979 MG MGB MkIV "Nemesis"
What about the Edelbrock Universal EFI Sump Fuel Systems 36031 - and you get to keep the SU ( or whatever your favorite LP pump is ) fuel pump !

https://www.jegs.com/i/Edelbrock/350/36031/10002/-1

I was looking at this as a potential solution for providing fuel to the stock GM 3.4 V6 SFI for my initial install. I will mount it in the trunk where the current vapor trap is. It saves me messing about with the existing fuel tank or building an external HP fuel pump system. The tank already has the second connection for use as the fuel return ( current vapor recovery system ) and a vented fuel cap or a roll over protected vent added to the fill pipe would work.
The Edelbrock 36031 has a rollover check valve.

I'm going to give it a go and see how it works on my V6 project. Yes, I will keep the ( electronic) SU just for the soporific ticking sound .......

In reply to # 3889671 by B-racer This was my first FiTech install on and Olds 350.
Use the in-tank pump. The Fuel Commander is problematic, to be nice. Check out Tanks Inc in Iowa for a tank adapter and good pumps. Their tank rollover valve is exceptional as well.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-14 01:06 PM by Paul755.

Jim Blackwood Avatar
Jim Blackwood * BlownMGB-V8
Gunpowder Rd, Florence, KY, USA   USA
Went back to the pick-n-pull today to get a couple of LS engine harnesses so I'd have connectors, extra wire, etc. Pulled a mostly complete harness from an '02 Silverado including the coils and the '411 controller (at this price a second spare could be handy) and then pulled another harness without the coils and controller, bundled it all together and lumped it on the counter. $87 and change. Also grabbed a couple OBD2 connectors while I was at it. Funny, they are held on with one screw. Looks like it'll mostly work on the SBB (and BOPR) but I wanted the extra wire to put the controller inside the car.

I've assembled most of my bench harness, just waiting on the female OBD2 connector I ordered for that. Could use one of the two I got today but it'll be neater if I wait. Should be here by Tuesday.

Jim

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster