AutoShrine Sponsor

fuel injectors
  This topic is about my 1979 MG MGB GT V8 Conversion
MGB567 Avatar
MGB567 Gold Member Barrie Braxton
Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia   AUS
1966 MG MGB MkI "Money Guzzler"
1979 MG MGB GT V8 Conversion "Darkside"
Below is a table on the suggested size (in cc or lbs if you prefer) for fuel injectors with "anticipated" HP. I'm "anticipating" 400 at FW but that might be optimistic. My EFI guru suggested 300-400cc which is somewhere around what the table suggests. Trouble is I want Bosch 3/4 length 14mm but I can't find them at that cc only these 525cc. Is that size OK? If anyone can find a link to Bosch 3/4 x 14mm around 400cc then please post it - the Bosch site is not user friendly from my position and Google is not throwing up anything useful in that size.

NB: I know little about injectors but I do want new genuine Bosch. Some may recall my V8 height topic - I've now skimmed some off my manifold and consequently modified the fuel rail hence needing 3/4 length.

Yes I can ask my EFI guru but I thought I'd get your opinions if you have any. smiling smiley

Convertible: CKD 11/66 first registered 8/5/67. Owned since 3/77. 90% original sheet metal. 18GB +40 balanced with almost all new internals. Peter Burgess big valve fast road head. Piper 285. Fidanza FW. Basil's followers and pushrods. TR7clutch. TT exhaust. ARP everywhere. 123 ign. Needham 4synchro c/r box.. Stock rebuilt/replaced suspension. Superpro bushes. New brakes all round including all pipes in SS flex. Interior redone. CAMS approved roll bar and side bars. Lots more. Hybrid of o/e and show/fast road car. Not for sale - it's my toy!

GT: UK car built/sold December '78. Stripped back to bare shell with VW Golf flared guards, flush fit front and rear valances with front guards immovable. Front and rear seams removed,Torana XU1 vents, frenched indicators front & Mk1 rear lights. Powered by 'worked' Rover 5 litre V8 (ex TVR Chimaera) with efi. T5 box. FC IFS. CCE rear attached to Salisbury axle with Quaife. All new interior with MrMikes covers on MX5 seats. Retro4 7x15 rims (zero offset) and 205/55 rubber. Colour: Jaguar Storm. Not for sale - it's my sanity!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-27 08:42 PM by MGB567.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
injector.jpg    28.5 KB
injector.jpg

Denis Avatar
Denis Denis Hill
Bearii, Nth Victoria, Australia   AUS
Barrie i reckon around 400 cc Have a look at "EFI Hardware" in Melbourne I know for sure they have 14mm at around 395 cc and a bit above at about 430cc In Bosch. They also have adjustable height fuel rail abdapters though not sure how that works. Not a bad sight. You dont want to go too big as you will lose atomization but you dont want too small and have to buy a second set I reckon the 430 would be fine. They also have a help line which sounds good although I have not used it since going old hat ( carb ) Denis

68 B roadster, Daffodil yellow, supercharger, Burgess SC head, SC cam, Mikuni HSR 48 carburetor and engine built for supercharging.

73 BGT V8 conversion starting with a bare shell. Built the engine "3.9L Rover" early in 2016 with high comp pistons and a few other nice bits, plus a T5 ford trans. Started on the body late 2016 and complete late 2017, Did all the work myself, mechanical, body. paint etc.
Finished and going well, great to drive and quick. Now has a nice 3.23 LSD.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-27 11:50 PM by Denis.

MGB567 Avatar
Yeah I've looked there Denis but their search is not giving anything up on 3/4 14mm let alone the cc I should use. There's a similar shop in Brisbane so I'll try them.

Reading stuff on Pistonheads I should be looking at <300cc - all very confusing for a novice.

Convertible: CKD 11/66 first registered 8/5/67. Owned since 3/77. 90% original sheet metal. 18GB +40 balanced with almost all new internals. Peter Burgess big valve fast road head. Piper 285. Fidanza FW. Basil's followers and pushrods. TR7clutch. TT exhaust. ARP everywhere. 123 ign. Needham 4synchro c/r box.. Stock rebuilt/replaced suspension. Superpro bushes. New brakes all round including all pipes in SS flex. Interior redone. CAMS approved roll bar and side bars. Lots more. Hybrid of o/e and show/fast road car. Not for sale - it's my toy!

GT: UK car built/sold December '78. Stripped back to bare shell with VW Golf flared guards, flush fit front and rear valances with front guards immovable. Front and rear seams removed,Torana XU1 vents, frenched indicators front & Mk1 rear lights. Powered by 'worked' Rover 5 litre V8 (ex TVR Chimaera) with efi. T5 box. FC IFS. CCE rear attached to Salisbury axle with Quaife. All new interior with MrMikes covers on MX5 seats. Retro4 7x15 rims (zero offset) and 205/55 rubber. Colour: Jaguar Storm. Not for sale - it's my sanity!

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
MGB567 Avatar
Unless I've got it completely wrong it would seem I need 8 x Bosch 0 280 158 049. It's not cheap to buy 8 new injectors (as evidenced by the link) so I was wondering what you experts think about refurbished as linked here - their cleaning process (which I assume is no different to normal) is at the bottom of the listing. Your opinions?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-02-04 05:03 AM by MGB567.

ValveCoverGasket Avatar
Portland, OR, USA   USA
In reply to # 3881735 by MGB567 My EFI guru suggested 300-400cc which is somewhere around what the table suggests. Trouble is I want Bosch 3/4 length 14mm but I can't find them at that cc only these 525cc. Is that size OK?

if your efi is tuneable, that jump in flow will be a non-issue.

Have MegaSquirt questions?
SpitFireEFI.com

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster